• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guillermo del Toro confirms he will not be collaborating with Kojima on Silent Hills

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So MGSV is the final Konami game.

All their franchises now die. No Silent Hill, no Zone of Enders, no more Castlevania, no Contra. Just an abrupt stop.

Raxus

We'll always have PT :(

Seriously, this game was the dream and Konami FUCKED it up so hard there are almost no words...

SJRB

Gold Member
That was to be expected given recent developments, but it's still heartbreaking.

Fuck you, Konami.

Zareka

R.I.P any shred of goodwill Konami could have possibly retained.

I feel bad for Del Toro. I haven't been following his work since before P.T. but it really sucks that both his games have been canned. I hope he can put one out eventually.

Spaced33

Damn guys, this hurts my soul. As a Silent Hill fan from day 1, P.T showed so much potential. I was absolutely ecstatic when it was revealed to be connected to the franchise. Konami had something special and they completely destroyed it. I can't believe this is happening. : (

Grisby

1dsaEj3.gif

Well, P.T was the most interesting thing to happen to Silent Hill since Silent Hill 2.

And it had nothing to do with Silent Hill.

Get Kojima and Del Toro in a room and make a new IP using the same design principles they wanted to use in Silent Hills.

Well, I guess that's it, right? 'Tis a shame. Has it been confirmed he said that there?

We'll always have PT :(

Seriously, this game was the dream and Konami FUCKED it up so hard there are almost no words...

Well, some of us will have PT, the others will miss out after April 29th.

Meia

Trying to figure out what's worse: This, or Konami's treatment of the HD collection. They certainly do love shitting all over SH fans, don't they?

izFR8GWSI71c8.gif

Fury451

Banned
del Toro cannot catch a break when it comes to game making.

This is expected, but I'm fine with it. Released purely by Konami without Kojima lobbying for a good budget and quality, it wouldn't have been the game it could have or should have been anyways.

Prods

Neo Member
This is rough. I don't have a PS4 yet but I was really looking forward to this.

Guess I'll have to make do with adding the PT demo to my download list and hope it'll let me download it still in a few months time and they won't take it 100% off the servers.

Top Bottom