• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the amount that dudes focus on what skimpy clothing a SFV character wears is fucking pathetic..sheesh lol. Sounding like the body pillow brigade..

I'm hitting 265 on the flat bench and doing 255 on declines. I've upped my leg work, but have been slacking on leg curls. I'm gonna be ready well before the summer. Trying to see if I should do a slight bulk for leg weight, or trim. Decisions...

You are killing it with your bench. I might be where you are at in a few months. This is the first time I'm following a program and not a 3/4/5 split and it should increase my squats, deads, and bench.

Man, the amount that dudes focus on what skimpy clothing a SFV character wears is fucking pathetic..sheesh lol. Sounding like the body pillow brigade..

Hey you ever pick fights with people in that community thread? Been thinking about going a few rounds with some randoms for more charge practice.

Nudull

Banned
I honestly wished I liked Street Fighter V more than I did. Couldn't find much reason to keep playing outside of the Story Mode.

EtDFQmi.png

Alright then.

Unless there's a different cut of the movie the 1st point isn't true.

Numb

Freak out over the slight camera angle change to Mikas booty is when i knew
I thought it was just jokes

Hey you ever pick fights with people in that community thread? Been thinking about going a few rounds with some randoms for more charge practice.

Can run a few if you up

Slayven

Can we talk about the most annoying black character stereotype?

The side character that just says shit like "Oh Snap!", "Got to hit that!", and "White people be tripping man".

LotusHD

Banned
Can we talk about the most annoying black character stereotype?

The side character that just says shit like "Oh Snap!", "Got to hit that!", and "White people be tripping man".

I'm split on it because sometimes I genuinely find it amusing because I be thinking the same thing, and others time I'm aware that they're clearly the character that's gonna rain on everyone's parade and do not much else.

I think it depends on the delivery, probably helps more if they don't outright repeatedly say something along the lines of "White nonsense". Like in Agents of Shield for instance, I recall one episode where Mack and Elena basically did this, but it felt natural rather than stereotypical.

Slayven

I'm split on it because sometimes I genuinely find it amusing because I be thinking the same thing, and others time I'm aware that they're clearly the character that's gonna rain on everyone's parade and do not much else.

More the character entire existence and speaking loudly corny shit.

Not another teen movie touched on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWhhPWyWCv0

I think it depends on the delivery, probably helps more if they don't outright repeatedly say something along the lines of "White nonsense". Like in Agents of Shield for instance, I recall one episode where Mack and Elena basically did this, but it felt natural rather than stereotypical.

AoS be fire. Mack and Yoyo stay giving each other "The Look".

LotusHD

Banned
More the character entire existence and speaking loudly corny shit.

Not another teen movie touched on this

Yea something like that used to be pretty humorous to me when I was younger, now it starts to be more grating. Also kinda tired of token black characters always having to be the logical, sensible ones. Sometimes I just want them to do dumb shit like the rest of the cast lol

AoS be fire. Mack and Yoyo stay giving each other "The Look".

Won't be the last time either lol

Nudull

Banned
You know, in all my years I've never seen a fictional black character like any music other than rap. Not even a brown-skinned goth back when emo was still a thing.

Slayven

Mack and Yoyo have that attitude when you the only brown folks in the office and the radio is only allowed to be on AM stations

Numb

Dude thought a shotgun wasn't enough and put an axe at the end
Overkill. Just his kicks and wrestling moves could be enough

You know, in all my years I've never seen a fictional black character like any music other than rap. Not even a brown-skinned goth back when emo was still a thing.

Heh. I knew this cat Arvin when I stayed in Jacksonville. Red Ford Bronco with giant wheels on some shit kicker tip. Crazy ass system with ridiculous bass. Nigga was all about that NASCAR and fucking country music lol..always gave me a good chuckle.

Numb

Not just any axe, but some Thor type shit.

Shotgun axe has more than paid for itself.

Easier to notice when you have a shotgun in combat
In that rescue he blasted a dude right in the chest i freaked alittle. Then kick another and thrrew himself on the last
Jesus Mack calm down

Slayven

Yep. Do not watch it. It makes the first Street Fighter movie seem like a masterpiece.
Was the Mai on point?

Easier to notice when you have a shotgun in combat
In that rescue he blasted a dude right in the chest i freaked alittle. Then kick another and thrrew himself on the last
Jesus Mack calm down

Mace looks so bad when he ain't juicing. I thought Ghost Rider was beasting, just turns out he was beating down a punk.

Imagine Mack on some Hyde juice?

Man, I wish I could stop trolling people and being a sarcastic asshole so much online and IRL. It's like a tic. I can't stop it. It makes me wonder if I have an actual mental problem.

So I was going to make a thread about Covergirl's first spokesman tweeting this:

But I realize there's no chance in hell that thread doesn't go incredibly sideways.
He's only 17 and his response to the backlash showed that

Reminds me of people in highschool I knew

Malyse

He's only 17 and his response to the backlash showed that

Reminds me of people in highschool I knew

I hate the "but he apologized" method of shutting down conversation. Like, the problem is that he felt comfortable saying it in the first place and the reason he apologized is because of getting caught. Miss me with that bull.

----

The French protests are really something. I simultaneously wish America would be so bold and that our cops would only kill 15-20 brown folk a year. How great would that be.

And goddamn do french accents fuck me up

Evening everyone. How is it going? Currently playing through Blood and Wine and my gosh Toussaint is incredible to look at!! And the quests so far are decent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom