• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

curb

Banned
Finally got caught up on the thread and it did exactly what I expected: DisposableIncomeEnvyGAF. You all have some awesome collections. Loving the in-home shots of the high-end Marvel Hot Toys stuff.

This thread is flying by! We'll be on OT2 in a month at this rate.

I put the first of many figure listings on the buy/sell/trade thread as I need some funds for hot toys Rocket and Groot and LEGO.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Finally got caught up on the thread and it did exactly what I expected: DisposableIncomeEnvyGAF. You all have some awesome collections. Loving the in-home shots of the high-end Marvel Hot Toys stuff.

I'm looking forward to watching you eventually buy a Hot Toy, even if it's not until Captain Marvel's released...
Ya know she's gonna end up looking real good next to Spidey...

curb

Banned
I'm looking forward to watching you eventually buy a Hot Toy, even if it's not until Captain Marvel's released...
Ya know she's gonna end up looking real good next to Spidey...

I feel like I need to have this scene on my desk so I guess I'll need a Spidey too

1333143941.jpg

This thread is flying by! We'll be on OT2 in a month at this rate.

I put the first of many figure listings on the buy/sell/trade thread as I need some funds for hot toys Rocket and Groot and LEGO.
You don't align OT threads by month? Heathens

Since many are also posting more comic bookish statues as well I can post my collection later when I'm at my computer.

JLynn

I don't know exactly what constitutes action figures in your dictionaries but lately I've gotten into collecting Bandai's Soul of Chogokin figures of old super robots from the 70's and 80's. The engineering on these toys (really more collectibles than toys) when it comes to their transformations and combinations is truly amazing. They're a bit pricey, ranging from $100-300 before you hit the aftermarket. One day I really want to get a Hot Toys figure just to compare the engineering between the two lines.

So far I've got GX-40 Godmars and GX-55 Tobikage and Houraioh. GX-62 Danguard A should arrive tomorrow. There's also a few I have on preorder like the reissue of Voltes V and the new GaoGaiGar.

Does anyone else collect or own a few of these?

I admit that I love the SOC classic Mazinger-Z and it makes me wish World Events Productions would give them the Voltron license instead of lazy ass Toynami. Hell, give them the Saber Rider license! An updated Ramrod is long overdue.

My wife really dislikes the figures that look like real people

On the other hand, there is not a figure I like more than the hot toys stealth Strike Suit captain America, and I think I can win this argument

Finally got Future Foundation Dr Doom Marvel Legend. Him and (single carded) Red Deadpool were only released in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I've had Redpool from the two pack with the X-Force Warpath, so only grabbed this one off a fellow collector on FB.

Stoked to finally have him. My want list is so short since I've been collecting off and on since the early toy biz days.

8F1218E4-58DA-4053-9513-175C13AA961F_zpsg0psep4b.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Here's my articulated figures:

First off we have Samus figma, Eva unit 0 minirevoltech, and Guyver figma:
Then the 5 released Berserk figmas (need to space them out better barely see the 3 in the back, but berserk armor made the rest moot anyway):
SH Monsterarts Alien/Wolf Predator/AVP Alien:
Medicom Band of the Hawk Guts, and Blade of the Immortal Manji:
Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman 2 figure (only good thing about the movie is this figure got made), and Avengers Hulk:
Art Figures Revenger (aka Tidus Pulo Punshier), Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow(with added sniper rifle and cloak), X-men 3 Wolverine, in the back Iron Man 2 MK V:
Hot Toys DXJack Sparrow, The Crow, and Sweeny Todd:
Hot Toys Terminator, DX T2, and BD Terminator:
Hot Toys Predator Shelf (Classic is hiding behind Scar, City Hunter and Berserker):
Hot Toys 1/4 Endoskeleton, Enterbay 1/4 BD Terminator 2:
Hot Toys DX Batman, with his Bruce Wayne head-sculpt given a body, and Enterbay 1/4 Joker:
Custom Rick Deckard, Hot Toys DX Indy (head down), custom Connery James Bond, and a Bladerunner replica toy gun:

hunchback

What a great thread. Where do you guy's host all your image's? I have a tiny Sideshow collection I would love share with everyone. I just ordered the 1/6 Elder Predator from Sideshow. That one looks really good. Keep the pics coming.

I regret not getting that 1/4th scale Endoskeleton. Nice collection!

The Enterbay Joker is one of my favorite figures that I own.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What are some decently detailed figures that aren't hot toys prices, UK Gaf?

Like comic related, so DC and Marvel.

Finally got Future Foundation Dr Doom Marvel Legend. Him and (single carded) Red Deadpool were only released in Europe if I'm not mistaken. I've had Redpool from the two pack with the X-Force Warpath, so only grabbed this one off a fellow collector on FB.

Oh wow, didn't even know this was a thing.

Loved when Valeria calls him Uncle Doom.

Croll

Neo Member
I admit that I love the SOC classic Mazinger-Z and it makes me wish World Events Productions would give them the Voltron license instead of lazy ass Toynami. Hell, give them the Saber Rider license! An updated Ramrod is long overdue.

I've been putting off getting one of the SOC Mazingers partly because my first love has always been combiners and also because I keep expecting Bandai to roll out another updated mold. But with the 40th anniversary reissue I'm gonna have to take the plunge.

I think the closest we'll get to a true "masterpiece" Voltron for a while is the Mad Toys King of Beast which has already skyrocketed to $300 after a few months. I remember hearing talk a few years ago that Bandai almost did a SOC GoLion but something fell through at the last minute.

It does make me wonder what's next in the line though as they're gonna run out of classic super robots eventually; I mean Gaogaigar is already late 90's and they've done evangelion). The only other big name robots I can think of are the Voltrons (GoLion, Dairugger, and Albegas), Bismark, and Mechander Robo.

Wanderer5

Meh I probably would never get into Hot Toys or well figures similar to such much.:p Even through a lot of the figures look grand, I don't feel like dropping $200+ let alone $100 on figures. Smaller yet cheaper figures like figmas and nendoroids I rather stick to.

That Thanos is boss through, however will he have his grin? That was like one of the best moments in GotG.XD

Rootbeer

Banned
Thought I'd repost a few things since we've got a lot of newcomers to the crowd.

Revoltech TMNT! Got my full set a while back, seems they are a bit hard to get now... wonder if a reissue is coming? Any turtle fans? Even if you only collect Playmates? (I have a lot of those too!)

They are undeniably great and worth owning if you like the Nick TMNT, the most glaring problem is the seam on their heads which stands out a bit too much, but you get used to it.

Revoltech-Turtles-14.jpg

4ItBNKE.jpg

And one of my most anticipated waves... the Thanos Build-a-Figure wave! (for those of you who want a great looking Thanos but don't want to pay $450 :p)

I think we should expect these fairly soon. Maybe March or April?

SDCC-2014-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Thanos-Build-A-Figure-e1406428702365.jpg

http://imgur.com is fairly reliable.

that's what I recommend! i even signed up for their pro membership to get higher quality images.

Then the 5 released Berserk figmas (need to space them out better barely see the 3 in the back, but berserk armor made the rest moot anyway):

Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman 2 figure (only good thing about the movie is this figure got made), and Avengers Hulk:

Art Figures Revenger (aka Tidus Pulo Punshier), Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow(with added sniper rifle and cloak), X-men 3 Wolverine, in the back Iron Man 2 MK V:

Hot Toys Predator Shelf (Classic is hiding behind Scar, City Hunter and Berserker):

Hot Toys DX Batman, with his Bruce Wayne head-sculpt given a body, and Enterbay 1/4 Joker:

Custom Rick Deckard, Hot Toys DX Indy (head down), custom Connery James Bond, and a Bladerunner replica toy gun:

Nice to see someone else with some Hot Toy Predators. No Elder though??

JLynn

Il
It does make me wonder what's next in the line though as they're gonna run out of classic super robots eventually; I mean Gaogaigar is already late 90's and they've done evangelion). The only other big name robots I can think of are the Voltrons (GoLion, Dairugger, and Albegas), Bismark, and Mechander Robo.

My guess are the Super Sentai mecha.

paolo11

I don't know exactly what constitutes action figures in your dictionaries but lately I've gotten into collecting Bandai's Soul of Chogokin figures of old super robots from the 70's and 80's. The engineering on these toys (really more collectibles than toys) when it comes to their transformations and combinations is truly amazing. They're a bit pricey, ranging from $100-300 before you hit the aftermarket. One day I really want to get a Hot Toys figure just to compare the engineering between the two lines.

So far I've got GX-40 Godmars and GX-55 Tobikage and Houraioh. GX-62 Danguard A should arrive tomorrow. There's also a few I have on preorder like the reissue of Voltes V and the new GaoGaiGar.

Does anyone else collect or own a few of these?

I do. I have Voltes V, Daimos, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Combattler V, Dygenguar & Außenseiter, Raideen.

I wanted GOd Mars

I'm planning to get the Joker figure. Heard about some fragile limb issues, though.

They've been getting a lot of complaints about fragile limbs, and they've finally addressed it in an official blog post. I'm ok with the delay since I'm just getting started in collecting action figures. I'm going to wait for when a new Batman TAS figure is released under the new QC specs.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/0...ontrol-sculpting-actors-new-products-and-more

Topic One: Quality Control

We received fan questions asking about quality issues with DC Collectibles product, so we wanted to take a moment to give you a look at where we are and what we are doing going forward.

Some fans have mentioned damaged product or brittle parts with our Batman Animated action figure line. We are currently evaluating the production process for these action figures and have instituted some additional reviews in order to improve and catch any quality issues. Be reassured that quality will be improving going forward.

Starting with most products in 2015, we are upgrading to POM (aka polyoxymethylene) for those joints previously made in polycarbonate. This is a stronger plastic that allows it to be molded in a color instead of clear. We have heard from our fans loud and clear that this is the number one issue for our action figures.

btas_shipping_groups_580_54c1b587ecc962.78567893.jpg

We also have updates on the announced series of action figures. Because of the new changes to our quality control, we have delayed Wave 2 of the Batman Animated figures. The new plan is to have the Joker, Man-Bat and Robin release in March of 2015. Poison Ivy will be released later in 2015 as we want to be sure that her smaller joints are working perfectly. Wave 3A will now feature Killer Croc and the Creeper and will release in May 2015 while Wave 3B will feature Poison Ivy, Robin (from The New Batman Adventures) and Harley Quinn and release in June 2015.

We understand delaying the product causes frustration, but want to make sure you’re getting the best quality and are able to enjoy the figures to the fullest!

Wanderer5

I should probably look more into that line, as I LOVE Batman: TAS. Glad that they going to work on the issue that the first wave have. Are they going to re-release wave 1 with the stronger joints? I would probably just look into Batman at least, but with not with the crappy joints.

Also please a Phantasm figure!

I should probably look more into that line, as I LOVE Batman: TAS. Glad that they going to work on the issue that the first wave have. Are they going to re-release wave 1 with the stronger joints?

Also please a Phantasm figure!

That's what I'm hoping for as well! But I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Croll

Neo Member
My guess are the Super Sentai mecha.

They did just release that DX chogokin Toqoh so maybe that was Bandai's way of testing the gokin waters. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they kept doing Brave mechs. What I wouldn't give to see a SOC Great Goldran.

I do. I have Voltes V, Daimos, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Combattler V, Dygenguar & Außenseiter, Raideen.

I wanted GOd Mars

I'm so jealous of your Combattler V, it's definitely on my to buy list. Do you have the GX-03 or GX-50? I know I can get the GX-03 for a pretty reasonable price but the GX-50's is insane even by scalper standards on ebay. It would be nice if there was a reissue of the GX-50 packaged together with the Nanbara base, perhaps to top off the 40th anniversary. C'mon Bandai.

My wife really dislikes the figures that look like real people

On the other hand, there is not a figure I like more than the hot toys stealth Strike Suit captain America, and I think I can win this argument

I'm a lot like your wife. I love collecting robots but anything with a real face freaks me out. Even Optimus Prime without his faceplate *shudders*. I think that's what's been holding me back from getting a hot toy's figure. As detailed as they are, there's still that "uncanny valley" look to their faces. If I did ever get one it would have to be iron man and I would always leave his visor down.

3N16MA

Banned
Thought I'd repost a few things since we've got a lot of newcomers to the crowd.

Revoltech TMNT! Got my full set a while back, seems they are a bit hard to get now... wonder if a reissue is coming? Any turtle fans? Even if you only collect Playmates? (I have a lot of those too!)

They are undeniably great and worth owning if you like the Nick TMNT, the most glaring problem is the seam on their heads which stands out a bit too much, but you get used to it.

Revoltech-Turtles-14.jpg

4ItBNKE.jpg

And one of my most anticipated waves... the Thanos Build-a-Figure wave! (for those of you who want a great looking Thanos but don't want to pay $450 :p)

I think we should expect these fairly soon. Maybe March or April?

SDCC-2014-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Thanos-Build-A-Figure-e1406428702365.jpg

that's what I recommend! i even signed up for their pro membership to get higher quality images.

I picked up a few classic collection figures awhile back. I now wish I picked up every character.

Wanderer5

That's what I'm hoping for as well! But I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Would kind of suck if they leave wave 1 in the state that it is in. I just want at least bats!

Batman and Phantasm if she is going to have one would be enough for me, even through I like Joker, Harley Quinn, and Mr. Freeze a lot too.

dankir

You're part of One Sixth Republic right? I've seen these pics in the group before.

Rootbeer

Banned
rare Boba Fett action figure sells for $27k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkEhoryxsTw

To be fair, the Marvel Select Thanos isn't bad. And comes with a static Death figure. The only one I know of in 6-7" scale.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009UBS2K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Truth be told! i own the Select and it's a steal at the price it is at right now.

Plus it comes with Death (and a removable human mask to show the skeletal face underneath) -- OH AND IT COMES WITH AN INFINITY GAUNTLET! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxpeyNGlUk

Drayco21

Decided to go hit the local Target after reading that the 3-Pack was going on-sale, managed to score a good looking set for half off, and there was a Captain Marvel (from Australia somehow, apparently.) sitting right next to it.

I'm feeling pretty good about today- already starting to see places clear space for the Avengers Legends, and I grabbed the one I expect to be hardest to find ahead of time. Maybe this wave won't be such a ball-breaker after all.

Decided to go hit the local Target after reading that the 3-Pack was going on-sale, managed to score a good looking set for half off, and there was a Captain Marvel (from Australia somehow, apparently.) sitting right next to it.

I'm feeling pretty good about today- already starting to see places clear space for the Avengers Legends, and I grabbed the one I expect to be hardest to find ahead of time. Maybe this wave won't be such a ball-breaker after all.

I keep having trouble finding a ms marvel with good paint

What are some decently detailed figures that aren't hot toys prices, UK Gaf?

Like comic related, so DC and Marvel.
S.H. Figuarts, Figma and MAFEX have been doing quite a lot of comic book related stuff as of late. They're 1/12 scale (maybe slightly smaller) so they fit in well with Marvel Legends etc.

This is the Figma Iron Man Mark VII for example

marvel-avengers-max-factory-figma-action-figure-iron-man-mark-vii-pre-order-ships-november-6.jpg

Flintty

Revoltech-Turtles-14.jpg

4ItBNKE.jpg

Those turtle look awesome! I have nearly all of the Playmates figures stored in the attic still on their cards. I would open them but I have nowhere to display them :(

Is the Thanos BAF a new set? I can't find it in UK.

I was looking at that Guyver figure just a couple of days ago. So tempting!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I regret not getting that 1/4th scale Endoskeleton. Nice collection!

The Enterbay Joker is one of my favorite figures that I own.

My 3 1/4's are my favorite's, Joker and BD T2 tied at the top, though I'm always tempted to try and sell on the Joker because he's nearly double the price I paid, just guess that's still not enough to part with it.

Nice to see someone else with some Hot Toy Predators. No Elder though??

No Elder, I want him and it's taken a lot of willpower to skip him, but I started with Classic as my first Hot Toy purchase, then eventually moved on to getting one of the main Predators from each film. So classic represent film 1 (until they actually do a Jungle Pred 3.0), City Hunter film 2, Scar film 3, Berserker film 5, still waiting for a Wolf Predator 2.0 for film 4. I collect too many other lines (as well as an assload of anime scales) to have the room for Elder... (at least that's what I tell myself)

You're part of One Sixth Republic right? I've seen these pics in the group before.
Nope, I'm on sideshow freaks as Luse666, Statue form as Luse666, MFC as Luse666 (pattern emerging) and these pictures are all new, and were taken when all the talk of an articulated figure thread happened in the Marvel Legends thread, maybe you saw the Avengers stuff I posted there when I was trying to entice Curb into getting HT Spidey?

I was looking at that Guyver figure just a couple of days ago. So tempting!
He's awesome, poses well, not as high end as I'd like, but like the Berserk figmas they do the job...

taoofjord

Yeah this thread can be a little tricky but I'm glad it exists. Figure GAF has been great to me, as a newcomer to the hobby that's not at all interested lewd figures. But while I enjoy that this thread is focused on action figures I do not want the line to be drawn at Western vs. Eastern. I'd rather see it drawn at action figures vs statues and non-lewd vs. lewd. As such, I'd like to see sites like Amiami included in the OT.

For me, I'm mostly interested in action figures of video game characters and some anime stuff (like giant robots) and am hoping this can be the place to talk about these kinds of figures.

NateDog

Out of curiosity does anyone know anywhere that still has the kotobukiya Wall-E figure? It looks wonderful and I'd like to get it for my girlfriend but it was released a few years ago and seems impossible to find anywhere now, and when I do find it the prices are extortionate. I'm not clued up on NA figure stores (since I'm in Europe and buy direct from Japan normally) so maybe some stores there might have one.

Oops it was Revoltech, not kotobukiya.

Top Bottom