• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

Just finished watching GM counterattack. Way better than Island Wars. The original build fighters is still way better than Try. We really need a season 3 with older Sei and gang.

GM Counterattack:
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.
That's EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED. SO FUCKING COOL.
BEST COMMERCIAL. AND THAT ENDING. YES.
10/10 TRY NEVER HAPPENED

But why is the Cosmos just the Star Build? That's kinda trash. Also Sei is wrong cause the Star Build is perfect and has no problems and if you think otherwise fight me.

EDIT: FUCK IT BOUGHT THE STAR BURNING LET'S GOOOO

Didn't have enough CARORAIN for my liking.

GM Counterattack:
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.
10/10 TRY NEVER HAPPENED

But why is the Cosmos just the Star Build? That's kinda trash.

To be honest, none of the upgrades really looked that much differnet, apart from the Jumaoh.
The Fenice being a motorcycle was kinda cool, though.

Amazing Z'gok being p-bandai hurts even more now.

GM Counterattack:
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.
10/10 TRY NEVER HAPPENED

But why is the Cosmos just the Star Build? That's kinda trash. Also Sei is wrong cause the Star Build is perfect and has no problems and if you think otherwise fight me.

EDIT: FUCK IT BOUGHT THE STAR BURNING LET'S GOOOO

can have it be to different, got to have to make new designs to make er milk if they ever do a season 3 of build fighters lol.

yami4ct

GM Counterattack had most of the problems of the main series for me and is an example of why I'm still not super into Build Fighters. Really too over the top shonen and trope-y for my taste and the fan service of the mechs and cameo characters only does so much. I will admit I chuckled at the new Fenice becoming a bike instead of a plane. That was a fun twist. The whole Mao fight with the boob lady was absolutely terrible, though. which is a bummer since I would have loved to see an X variant fight more.

Fjordson

Is there a short updated version of the original gundam? Kinda want to watch it but ... old school
Grab the movie trilogy. That's what I originally saw, it works great as your entry into the UC.

And it's still pretty good imo. Some dated stuff and weird voice acting, but overall it's a fun watch.

manfestival

Grab the movie trilogy. That's what I originally saw, it works great as your entry into the UC.

And it's still pretty good imo. Some dated stuff and weird voice acting, but overall it's a fun watch.
Thank you all. I will check out the trilogy. I have always watched universal century gundam simply because to me it is the best by far gundam option.
I have watched so much gundam but never the original story

Kalentan

Finished rewatching SEED Destiny.

Honestly, really not that bad. It's not great mind you but it's soundtrack and voice acting is great and I honestly think the villains are better than the ones in the original (Except Rau, still the best). It suffers from Shinn and a reuse of ideas and some dumb stuff they did to OG characters (like Cagalli). Yet that being said it has some good episodes in the mix and some nice battles.

I think the hate is undeserved when there are much worse Gundam shows than it.

It has a bit of wasted potential but I honestly think I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd Season. Though I know that is very unlikely since the passing of Chiaki Morosawa. :(

Now to wait for the HD Collections in English to see if I prefer the new version or the old. Since obviously if they do make a new series they would use the new cast rather than the old.

DIHy9htV0AArzb2.jpg

Urge to kitbash rising. I seriously want to try this with Seed kits especially since it seems like their parts are fairly interchangeable. But also don't want to spend money on multiple kits.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Finished rewatching SEED Destiny.

Honestly, really not that bad. It's not great mind you but it's soundtrack and voice acting is great and I honestly think the villains are better than the ones in the original (Except Rau, still the best). It suffers from Shinn and a reuse of ideas and some dumb stuff they did to OG characters (like Cagalli). Yet that being said it has some good episodes in the mix and some nice battles.

I think the hate is undeserved when there are much worse Gundam shows than it.

It has a bit of wasted potential but I honestly think I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd Season. Though I know that is very unlikely since the passing of Chiaki Morosawa. :(

Now to wait for the HD Collections in English to see if I prefer the new version or the old. Since obviously if they do make a new series they would use the new cast rather than the old.

The only series which is even comparably bad is AGE IMO. And I like some of the things AGE tried even if it failed. SEED is like a bad remake of UC 0079-0088 that missed what made those series so memorable and engaging. It has a godly OST though.

The only series which is even comparably bad is AGE IMO. And I like some of the things AGE tried even if it failed. SEED is like a bad remake of UC 0079-0088 that missed what made those series so memorable and engaging. It has a godly OST though.
I will agree with you there. Other than the music, some of the mobile suits and Rau (I really like him as a villain) Seed is really just meh and Destiny is just a trainwreck. I wonder what Destiny would have been like if it stayed with the original script and did not do the whole Kira is back move the fuck over Shinn.

gAGE is bad? what what gAGE did you watch. Gen 2 is up there for the best writing in gundam, and lets not mention how good Zehearto sama is, or Fram Nara as one of the strongest females in gundam, and the very creative mobile suits. Also it had the best op and ed songs and osts.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm an AGE defender. I like a lot of what it tried, its just I think the first two generations needed a lot more time. The last half of the series just kinda falls apart. And koi suuuuuuuuuucks. But AGE at least tried. Destiny is unquestionably still the worst Gundam series.

But tbh, I don't think there is a truly bad Gundam series when looked at objectively. Maybe Destiny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most Gundam shows are particularly bad.

00 Season 2 is the most boring thing I have ever watched. It ends with reptile alien gundam man and aliens and shit and even that is boring. They made a guy who calls himself Mr. Bushido boring. It is impressively boring.

AGE is also quite boring, but more soporifically. It's ugly. None of the three stories are very good though part 2 isn't awful. To be this bad takes Gundam AGES.

Destiny is my kind of bad show. It's a trainwreck that's also well paced and engrossing. It's ugly and has a ton of repeating footage but it also has interesting mecha design and despite how bad the story gets at times it always keeps on trucking at full steam. The breaks are off on this one. I will never, ever watch AGE again. I will super never watch 00 Season 2 again, not even on a dare. I'm probably going to watch Destiny HD when the dub comes out. Sorry other bad Gundam shows, Destiny is king.

manfestival

Most Gundam shows are particularly bad.

00 Season 2 is the most boring thing I have ever watched. It ends with reptile alien gundam man and aliens and shit and even that is boring. They made a guy who calls himself Mr. Bushido boring. It is impressively boring.

AGE is also quite boring, but more soporifically. It's ugly. None of the three stories are very good though part 2 isn't awful. To be this bad takes Gundam AGES.

Destiny is my kind of bad show. It's a trainwreck that's also well paced and engrossing. It's ugly and has a ton of repeating footage but it also has interesting mecha design and despite how bad the story gets at times it always keeps on trucking at full steam. The breaks are off on this one. I will never, ever watch AGE again. I will super never watch 00 Season 2 again, not even on a dare. I'm probably going to watch Destiny HD when the dub comes out. Sorry other bad Gundam shows, Destiny is king.
I feel like we would get along. What are your thoughts of gundam IBO?

And everyone is closely related with the same face.

And yet Fafner has the same problem (and the same character designer) but I don't see people bitching about that as loudly as Seed.

Must just be because it's Seed.

In other news, my RG Unicorn arrived. Gonna try to finish as much of it as I can today.

manfestival

And yet Fafner has the same problem (and the same character designer) but I don't see people bitching about that as loudly as Seed.

Must just be because it's Seed.

In other news, my RG Unicorn arrived. Gonna try to finish as much of it as I can today.
That's cause fafner was actually good. I loved it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like we would get along. What are your thoughts of gundam IBO?

I've only seen Season 1 as I watch the show with a bunch of people who watch it on TOONAMI. Season 1 was pretty good but the middle dragged something fierce, especially when they went to Dort. Having a show about a mafia of child soldiers is a fascinating take on the premise when you think from the outset its going to be the more usual show of grand wars and rebellion of youth against a corrupt establishment (which it still is in a way, though that's seemingly not the focus)

Let's be fair guys, most anime stories in general are not particularly well written. Even more so not well thought out past a certain point. The amount of series that have more than one half/season that either fall apart or clearly had not be thought through is a dime a dozen.

Gundam is especially included in this. It's just that some trash is still watchable for various reasons lol no matter how bad it is.

Holy shit this is amazing.

Firstly, yes I started with the upper body, the opposite of the RG instructions which have you always start at the feet but GUNPLA IS FREEDOM.

I'm only half done with this and this is already one of my favorite kits. And probably one of the best, I test transformed everything I've finished so far and trust me, doing it yourself compared to watching reviews is an experience. The guys at Bandai who designed this kit are fucking geniuses.

Joints are definitely tight. When the instructions tell you to move the joints a little to loosen them, do it.

Holy shit this is amazing.

Firstly, yes I started with the upper body, the opposite of the RG instructions which have you always start at the feet but GUNPLA IS FREEDOM.

I'm only half done with this and this is already one of my favorite kits. And probably one of the best, I test transformed everything I've finished so far and trust me, doing it yourself compared to watching reviews is an experience. The guys at Bandai who designed this kit are fucking geniuses.

Joints are definitely tight. When the instructions tell you to move the joints a little to loosen them, do it.

Got the Mega Size put together. Holy toledo is it big. Here it is compared to the RX-78-2 Mega Size kit with an HG thrown in.
both look amazing

Top Bottom