• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBO Releases AHCA Score: Details Coming In

Don't worry guys.

5gO06.jpg

Trickle will come down to you any day now and you'll have no problem paying for your healthcare.

They didn't have the votes in the house the first time either. They'll get to work whipping and scaring their senators until they have it.

In case you didn't figure it out yet:

They don't want to actually use this bill

If they did they would've tried a vote already

House doesn't have to revote. This is on the Senate now.

I believe McConnell already said if the bill doesn't lower the budget deficit (which it doesn't), they won't even vote on it. It'll never pass anyway.

The House has to come up with a whole new bill and vote on the new bill.

This is a "L" for Trump.

Cancel the Party Bus and the Beer Kegs, GoP Reps.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They didn't have the votes in the house the first time either. They'll get to work whipping and scaring their senators until they have it.

They can't get it through without the Dems, it violates the Byrd Rule. This is dead.

So since it saves money over a 10 year period, they can pass this through reconciliation correct? Would they still need a rules change for the modification of the EHB requirements? Is this enough savings for them to pass their awful tax plan?

You just missed the answer above

reckless

I believe McConnell already said if the bill doesn't lower the budget deficit, they won't even vote on it. It'll never pass anyway.

This is a "L" for Trump.

But it does...You keep acting like it doesn't.
CBO and JCT estimate that enacting that version of H.R. 1628 would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $119 billion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of hilarious that despite the fact it's a modern world, the GOP has hoodwinked just enough poor people to make sure that the peasantry can't realistically just decide to band together, march towards Washington and have all of them executed.

I believe McConnell already said if the bill doesn't lower the budget deficit (which it doesn't), they won't even vote on it. It'll never pass anyway.

This is a "L" for Trump.

more bud light for everyone

I see that tweet is still deleted. Oh well. That sucks. But it is still trash. And if the Senate actually votes on this as-is, they also open themselves to roasting. I bet they're hoping those 18 million kicked off by 2018 die before they can get to the polls.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
From Nate Silver:
Nate Silver‏Verified account @NateSilver538 41s41 seconds ago
Replying to @NateSilver538

More succinctly: AHCA reduces health care spending by a trillion bucks and uses almost all the savings to finance tax cuts.

This is a trillion dollar redistribution of wealth to rich people.

From Nate Silver:

This is a trillion dollar redistribution of wealth to rich people.

To underscore:

Total Changes in Direct Spending, 2017-2026: -1,093.8 billion

Total Changes in Revenues, 2017-2026: -975.9 billion

Net Increase or Decrease (-) in the Deficit, 2017-2026: -118.7 billion

This bill does not appear to fail to meet reconciliation requirements.

It's kind of hilarious that despite the fact it's a modern world, the GOP has hoodwinked just enough poor people to make sure that the peasantry can't realistically just decide to band together, march towards Washington and have all of them executed.

Religion is what keeps the poor from eating the rich

Beartruck

So the republican party's most reliable voting block would get fucked over by this bill. No way this isn't DOA unless they want a wave election against them.

Vectorman

Banned
I really hope the Montana and Georgia special election Dem candidates push hard on this. You gotta get it thru peoples' thick skulls. Dems need to hold their end of the bargin and help these people out.

Alucrid

Banned
How can people fucking justify this?! Normal working people!! Republicans voters, you are fucking poor too!! UGHH!!!!

when i become rich i'll have all those sweet tax cuts. provided i don't ever need to be treated for a disease or accident or something on my way there

I really hope the Montana and Georgia special election Dem candidates push hard on this. You gotta get it thru peoples' thick skulls. Dems need to hold their end of the bargin and help these people out.

The Montana special election is tomorrow, so what's going to happen there isn't going to change. The Georgia one, though...yeah, this really could be the thing that compels Ossoff to actually take it home.

Foffy

Banned
Religion is what keeps the poor from eating the rich

Not just that, but religion helps normalize a lot of the problems of neoliberal commodification, for neoliberalism depends on social dualism. In layman's terms, so long as one thinks things can be isolated, we can be propagandized into seeing problems not as systematically cultivated, but just personally private.

You don't have to look far to see someone assume poverty is a lack of character, do you? Religion has actually helped this idea get normalized, because it asserts the granddaddy of isolationisms: a separate soul from the body. Doesn't take too much to see a society, even secularly, assert man is an isolated bugbear with free will. These are dangerous positions, and as you alluded to, part of the reason the masses of people suffering don't "wake up" to the trick played on them. If we can take systemic problems and simply say they're standalone, that right there cripples a response, and this has been the GOP's tactic for 30 fucking years.

I mean have we also talked about the fact that they absolutely still must do something? Many people will be forced off the ACA soon because many people's rates jumped 30% last year and again this year. The number to become uninsured by leaving the ACA as it is will still be significant as far as I understand

This plan is likely much worse, but the ACA trajectory is also in trouble.

You know how you avoid going down the wrong path?

Going down the right one.

Top Bottom