• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mummy: Demastered announced (WayForward, PC/consoles)

Santiako

I always end up buying Wayforwards games because they look so good, but they all end up mediocre at best. I need to stop doing that.
I'll probably buy this. It looks so nice.

DrArchon

Screenshot makes it look like a GBA or DS era Castlevania game with guns.

If that's the case, then I'll pick this up for sure.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They did a pretty solid GBA game for The Scorpion King way back in the day.

EternalWolf

Neo Member
I haven't seen the movie and want to avoid spoilers, but based on the trailers I'm pretty sure the title "Demastered" is a spoiler of sorts for the movie.

This reminds me of the situation with Ecks vs Sever, a pretty good game that was based on a pretty bad movie. the developers of both these games i can draw parallels to in regards of output.
WayForward makes games I generally enjoy and ever since i played Batman: the brave and the bold, I've seen how well they can handle licensed properties.

Wondering if this was quietly cancelled due to the film's box office performance. It was supposed to release this month, but there's been no word on it since the initial announcement and single screenshot.

Mr.Fusion

Wondering if this was quietly cancelled due to the film's box office performance. It was supposed to release this month, but there's been no word on it since the initial announcement and single screenshot.

Maybe, but the movie did end up not doing too bad at the box office. It’s made about $397 million worldwide on a $125 million budget. Hopefully the game is still coming.

fernoca

Yeah, they said that they were pleased with the worldwide results and intended to continue their plans of their "monsters movies".

This is going to be the eight generation version of X-Men Origins Wolverine?

As in, a licensed game thats better than the movie its based on

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
They wouldn't be wrong either way. ;)

giphy.gif

pa22word

The alien game was okay for what it was. Pretty repetitive and even short to boot which makes the repetitive drag even worse, but it was okay at the time for a short little metroid like game on the ds. In today's market where you have tons of quality games like that releasing nigh daily on steam I don't know if aliens level quality is enough anymore to be honest.

I'll keep an eye on it though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Valtýr;249994764 said:
Some of those environments look ripped straight out of Metroid: Zero Mission

Nintendo lawsuit inbound

Terms of the out-of-court settlement: Zero Mission environments replaced in exchange for Shantae in Smash Bros.

Espada

Okay, that trailer has piqued my interest in a major way. That looked pretty cool, and like everyone else I'm getting a strong Metroidvania feeling from the general presentation of this title.

Top Bottom