• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That PS4 ambient menu music is pretty annoying right?

Alphahawk

Sometimes I just leave my PS4 on the menu screen I almost always get annoyed by the ambient menu music that is there. It seems like a really bizarre decision to of included such a thing in the first place. To my recollection, the Xbox 360 did not have it and I presume that the Xbox One also lacks any such thing.

Anyone else find it annoying?

TissueBox

I remember when I first booted Nier Automata I was like hey, I recognize that ambient theme! :p

But yeah... it's kind of a neither here-nor-there drone that only plods over time. Luckily I got my P5 skin to go over it!

Sometimes I just leave my PS4 on the menu screen I almost always get annoyed by the ambient menu music that is there. It seems like a really bizarre decision to of included such a thing in the first place. To my recollection, the Xbox 360 did not have it and I presume that the Xbox One also lacks any such thing.

Turn it off or use a theme.

RSchmitz

It's good that it's a feature because some themes have pretty great music.
For those that don't like it, it can be turned off so it's all good.

SMD

Someone doesn't have the Persona 5 theme.

gelf

I don't think there's a single system where the menu music hasn't grated after a short time. I hate it on PS4, I hated what the Wii had as well.

Diancecht

I wish you could have custom ambient music. I love the Witcher 3 theme and music but the constant KRSTTT, SRRTT sound when you move through options is jarring.

Tapejara

I wish you could have custom ambient music. I love the Witcher 3 theme and music but the constant KRSTTT, SRRTT sound when you move through options is jarring.

You mean the key tone that plays? You can turn that off in the options without disabling the music. Under Sound and Screen in the settings.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I use the P5 theme which has beneath the mask playing and I will never change it. Never get tired of listening to that song.

just turn it off? How hard is it for you to do that before you open a thread to complain about it.

Alphahawk

Waiting for revelation that OP didn't know it can be turned off.

I mean, I didn't, but it really doesn't change the course of this thread. Even when I discovered it, it's burred kinda deep in the options menu.I would gather about 90% of owners will never see it.

bombshell

I mean, I didn't, but it really doesn't change the course of this thread. Even when I discovered it, it's burred kinda deep in the options menu.I would gather about 90% of owners will never see it.

Going to sound settings, the most logical place for it, is buried deep?

at first i loved it. it felt so next gen to me.

then i turned it off because it was annoying while i was idling and it was just on loop.

then i turned it back on because i missed it.

if i could customize it, i'd put on an ambient track i never grow tired of listening to. something with less high end so it doesn't bleed through headphones as easily.

Rellik

just turn it off? How hard is it for you to do that before you open a thread to complain about it.

One thing I learned on here is there is a shocking amount of people who don't go through the settings on their systems or games.

It's pretty much the first thing you should do.

red731

One thing I learned on here is there is a shocking amount of people who don't go through the settings on their systems or games.

It's pretty much the first thing you should do

You are my friend. I like you.

Always doing this. Controls, graphics setting, every settings.

SebastianM

turned that shit off back in 2014 lol.

"Key Tone" has gotten on my nerves lately as well, wish we could use the old PS3 one.

test_account

XP-39C²
It isnt really burried deep, its one choice in the settings menu and then you get to it (settings -> screen and sound -> system music on/off).

SMG

The Vita menu music is damn touture.
Doo do do do dodo doo
Doo do do do dodo doo
Doo do do do dodo doo
Doo do do do dodo doo
Doo do do do dodo doo

raven777

I have been using themes with music for so long that I forgot what the default music sounds like.
I don't think I was every annoyed with it, and since there is an option to turn it off it doesn't bother me as much.

Top Bottom