• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Battlefield 4 Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the poster above said, from the BF Facebook page:

That looks like a whole hell of a lot of ocean that's playable area.

The shape of that map kind of reminds of the Guadalcanal map from 1942 and 1943.

USA-C-Guadalcanal-2.jpg

The shape of that map kind of reminds of the Guadalcanal map from 1942 and 1943.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-C-Guadalcanal/maps/USA-C-Guadalcanal-2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I did enjoy this map a lot. Especially trying to control the middle or take the middle flag.

Damn criminal that 1943 did not get any DLC.

DTKT

Plenty of other BF map have shown water without really using it. Wake island is the most obvious.

Plus, the map seems to highlight only the water closest to the coast. Part of it could be considered out of bounds.

Raven77

The problem I have with trying to say that map is as big as Guadalcanal is that the overhead view on most BF3 (and seemingly BF4 maps) seems to be MUCH more zoomed in than they were in 1942 and BF2.

What I mean by this is that the island in Guadalcanal might look the same size in the overhead but it is probably much bigger than what we'll get in BF4 because the pic is just zoomed in on the island more.

Also, credit to MORDORHQ for this supposed leaked pic of the single player campaign. Not much to see here though except stock-standard BF3 style blinding lights:

1115989_194682110702904_699232545_o.jpg

DTKT

Damn, I hope that the MP has toned down effects. I hate the lens flares and the film grain. It's just distracting and prevents you from seeing other players.

Raven77

Next Gen and PC maps will probably be a bit bigger than current gen versions.

No, they will likely be much bigger.

Current gen console player limit is much smaller than next gen meaning they will not get the "Conquest Large" versions of the maps. Some of the maps in BF3 were almost 50% to 75% larger it seemed.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Also, credit to MORDORHQ for this supposed leaked pic of the single player campaign. Not much to see here though except stock-standard BF3 style blinding lights:

Seems at least partially shopped. Somebody noted that the mission objective is the same from the Fishing in Baku trailer. The minimap also doesn't look appropriate for the situation.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Seems at least partially shopped. Somebody noted that the mission objective is the same from the Fishing in Baku trailer. The minimap also doesn't look appropriate for the situation.

Yeah, the shot looks legit but the HUD seems off. Odd.

Gun model looks great though. Hope BF4's guns actually look that good. I've been wanting DICE to beef up their gun models for a while.

RoKKeR

Yeah, the shot looks legit but the HUD seems off. Odd.

Gun model looks great though. Hope BF4's guns actually look that good. I've been wanting DICE to beef up their gun models for a while.

Agreed. Part of what makes that gun model look so great in my opinion is the slight shift with the depth of field, so the part of the gun that is closest to the edges of the screen is out of focus. I've always loved that effect and I think it enhances the first person experience.

Facism

Agreed. Part of what makes that gun model look so great in my opinion is the slight shift with the depth of field, so the part of the gun that is closest to the edges of the screen is out of focus. I've always loved that effect and I think it enhances the first person experience.

indeed, it's something killzone 2 did and it was sexy as hell.

Raven77

It could be shopped, thats why I said it was a supposed shot so I'm not really sure.

Also, DarkLord over at Mordor HQ also just confirmed that the island footage seen in one of the game engine videos is NOT from a map. Some people have been speculating on this.

That's a technical demo, and is not part of any of the maps in BF4

The problem I have with trying to say that map is as big as Guadalcanal is that the overhead view on most BF3 (and seemingly BF4 maps) seems to be MUCH more zoomed in than they were in 1942 and BF2.

What I mean by this is that the island in Guadalcanal might look the same size in the overhead but it is probably much bigger than what we'll get in BF4 because the pic is just zoomed in on the island more.

Yep, HUD is shopped. Check out this pic I took:

Environment looks like its from Kayne and Lynch 2. Me thinks this is shopped.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yeah, I love that effect.

Yep, HUD is shopped. Check out this pic I took:

Environment looks like its from Kayne and Lynch 2. Me thinks this is shopped.
The grain and chromatic aberration in the screen definitely make it possible that it's K&L2. Good catch.

Shame though, that shot looks particularly cool to me for some reason.

No, they will likely be much bigger.

Current gen console player limit is much smaller than next gen meaning they will not get the "Conquest Large" versions of the maps. Some of the maps in BF3 were almost 50% to 75% larger it seemed.

I don't think they were that much larger, the main difference was just the amount of flags.

Kikarian

Damn, I hope that the MP has toned down effects. I hate the lens flares and the film grain. It's just distracting and prevents you from seeing other players.
Didn't they say they were toning this down?

I'm not too certain though.

mazillion

Not a fan of Operation Metro. It was a broken map, at least on Consoles. I can't imagine what it was like with 64 players.

lol you have no idea. broken is an understatement. i can't believe they shipped the map like that, surely they must have play tested it extensively?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Metro 64 is probably the closest thing to trench warfare I've ever played. Not sure if that's what they were going for.

DTKT

I don't think anyone expects Metro to be "played". It's the perfect points/stats grind. The action is instantaneous, there are zero breaks between firefights and zero surprise. You know where the heads are going to pop and you know precisely when it's going to happen.

It's Battlefield version of Nuketown. It's popular because you don't have to think or try to compete.

venom2124

All those camos are getting me way more hyped than they should. I just hope there are no ridiculous challenges like destroying 682 tanks with an eod bot at sunset on a Friday just to unlock them.

Tekku

All those camos are getting me way more hyped than they should. I just hope there are no ridiculous challenges like destroying 682 tanks with an eod bot at sunset on a Friday just to unlock them.

I think you'll unlock them via battlepacks for the most part. But maybe there's some special requirements for some of them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Get 3 triple kills by shooting down a jet with an rpg, have it hit a building, and have the resulting rubble cause the deaths within 1 second to unlock generic woodland camo.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Get 3 triple kills by shooting down a jet with an rpg, have it hit a building, and have the resulting rubble cause the deaths within 1 second to unlock generic woodland camo.

...must be done for each weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom