• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

Caronte

No one has yet.

You know what I mean.

Lots of people give money to kickstarters that will obviously fail as a joke because they won't get charged if it isn't successfully funded, which this one clearly won't be

There was one from a couple a years ago that I think was called LORE where the majority of the pitch was nonsensical ramblings and all of the screenshots were from sample models/environments that come with Unity and the guy got a few dozen backers who basically just backed to go into the comment section and yell at him

That makes more sense, yes.

Makonero

What? How the hell do they think Disney is going to allow this?

This reminds me a really awesome Pokemon action RPG I totally designed from beginning to end at the age of 12, including gameplay, plotline, how various attacks would work, what the graphics would be... I sent the whole 18 page document to Nintendo and surprisingly, they weren't interested.

I'm so glad Kickstarter wasn't around back then.

RK128

Um.....is this one of those joke Kickstarters :)? I mean, you can't make a Star Wars game without the go-to from Disney and EA.....and judging from the fact he didn't talk to them about the project nor has a development studio on board day one, really makes this look shady.

Very interested to see where this goes in the next few weeks, if it doesn't get shut down by the end of this week.

BTails

Since it's been posted on GAF, they've gone from 11 to 12 backers (Backer number 12 contributed $6).

Okay, fess up, which one of you gave Devin $6?

GavinUK86

I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts.

So you start a crowdfunding project before you've even got the go ahead from Disney? Which you'll never get anyway. Yeah, not gonna happen buddy LOL.

antonz

I's a 20 year old in Texas who has no concept of Game development etc. Its a big joke. Not even sure why it would be given attention

Lichter

"I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them."

ahahahahahahahaha

BiggNife

Who is going to back this? There's no way they can make this game. Disney is the last company I'd try to get copyright infringement past.

I find your lack of faith in Devin disturbing

Oh god I can't believe I just wrote that excuse me while I throw up

Chillz0r

Banned
Okay, Devin. I sincerely hope for you that you are trying to make a poor attempt of a joke, or even a scam.

You most certainly cant be 20, "owned a few businesses" and "prepared for the future to come" (from his profile) and be this clueless.

Heartfyre

I derived much entertainment from reading that Kickstarter campaign.

Ever read one of those "You-inherited-a-fortune-from-someone-in-Nigeria" scam e-mails? It's the same form of entertainment.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
He spelt it as 'light saber'

IMO that's the biggest indicator that it's a fraud.

coswVLP.gif

Steel

Banned
Holy scam. They don't have the license and have absolutely no chance of getting it from EA/Disney.

I tossed in $1,500. Cant wait!

I'd think this was a joke if I didn't see the ticker jump $1,500 after I read this.

You know this has no chance of turning into anything, right?

Kalor

I'm sure that a game on the level of The Witcher or Fallout can be made with $200,000. If anyone can do it Devin can.

rhandino

Banned
Star Wars Open World RPG

Goal: 200.000$

As I know there are other "very good" games over Star Wars, but within the bounds of good taste, I believe that these RPG's over Star Wars have not reached their full potential.

It will have the graphics of "Battlefront" or better with the feel of "The Witcher 3".

No Souls combat ? a mess.

VGEVUT4.gif

Why? This will fail harder than any Kickstarter.

That low pledge.
That copyright material.
That Disney lawyers.
That Disney plans to already release Star Wars.
That EA lawyers.
That DICE lawyers.

Jito

Banned
Uh this isn't going to happen. Why would EA allow this when they paid ass loads for Star Wars game rights?

Edit: oh right this is blatantly a scam, guy will take the money and run. Anyone stupid enough to back deserves it.

pr0cs

It's crap like this that give kickstarted games a bad Rep.
The fact that this shit got two posts on gaf is terrifying

I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist.

HgFj5ot.gif

Yeah, this is going to be shut down pretty quick. EA holds the video game license for Star Wars. And this person admits he doesn't have a team in place to develop the game, which would make no difference once Disney and EA shut it down.

Top Bottom