• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
And you can spoiler culture rant as much as you want. At the end of the day what it comes down to is "Do you want to be a dick and intentionally do things that upsets people? Or would you rather consider others and take care?" Your choice.

Third option, the ignore list. Anyone else?

Altairre

Going through this season right now and it ain't all that bad. Maybe it's because I didn't really have any expectations after all the negative reactions but I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Barry is a fucking idiot but that's nothing new really. Savitar's design is genuinely terrible though.

Going through this season right now and it ain't all that bad. Maybe it's because I didn't really have any expectations after all the negative reactions but I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Barry is a fucking idiot but that's nothing new really. Savitar's design is genuinely terrible though.

The main plot was pretty bad, but a lot of the "filler" episodes were legitimately great this season. Gypsy, Gorilla City, Abra Kadabra...

caliph95

The main plot was pretty bad, but a lot of the "filler" episodes were legitimately great this season. Gypsy, Gorilla City, Abra Kadabra...
While i thought Gorilla city was underwhelming every do with Savitar was such a waste and i imagine it's easier to handle binge because you wouldn't have to suffer from the breaks and months long wait for them to reveal the identity of Savitar long past we were intrigued by it and wishing them to get over it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is that.... Rebirth Eobard or nah? Been meaning to read Flash Rebirth. Read the first issue and enjoyed it fwiw. Gonna try and jump onto what GAF has recommended for newcomers to DC Rebirth comics.

It was me, Barry.
FLS_Cv26_ds.jpg

I'm more of a Titans guy, because I'm more of a Wally guy

For the season 4 spoiler stuff I think its
People are saying Wally is most likely pretending to be The main Flash to make people and metas think The Flash is still around.
While hes still being Kid Flash, plus the actor already said he wouldnt become flash for a while

I was actually at a comic/scifi convention last weekend and at a arrowverse panel. Someone brought up why Barry is the slowest but a lot of people mentioned that people tend to forget that all the speedster villains used Enhancements, aside from Rival. So technically Barry is faster. Wally was faster in terms of training and potential right?

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh FFS, The Thinker is a metahuman. I wish they just put Barry up against a regular human who outsmarts his dumb ass (not a high bar either).

Ralph Dibny might be taking over Draco's role, will inevitably sleep with Caitlin.

ShadyK54

Oh FFS, The Thinker is a metahuman. I wish they just put Barry up against a regular human who outsmarts his dumb ass (not a high bar either).

Ralph Dibny might be taking over Draco's role, will inevitably sleep with Caitlin.

Are you serious? Did it get confirmed anywhere?

Was hoping it would be a regular dude outsmarting Barry like you said. :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Are you serious? Did it get confirmed anywhere?

Was hoping it would be a regular dude outsmarting Barry like you said. :/

Casting calls for characters.

CLIFFORD DEVOE/THE THINKER
Male, 40-50, Any Ethnicity. After being caught in the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became an extremely intelligent meta-human. A super genius who’s plans to fix all he sees wrong with humanity. Regular for Season 4

THE MECHANIC
Female, 30-40, Any Ethnicity. An extremely intelligent engineer who will design devices for Clifford Devoe. Basically, Devoe’s right hand. She’ll support Devoe no matter the consequences. RECURRING GUEST

RALPH DIBNY/ELONGATED MAN
Male, Mid to late 30s, Any Ethnicity. A Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt type. Ralph is able to drastically change the shape of his body, but is having a difficult time changing his ways. Will most likely be comedic relief for the season. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR, COULD COME BACK IN SEASON 5

RALPH DIBNY/ELONGATED MAN
Male, Mid to late 30s, Any Ethnicity. A Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt type. Ralph is able to drastically change the shape of his body, but is having a difficult time changing his ways. Will most likely be comedic relief for the season. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR, COULD COME BACK IN SEASON 5

This should be another Wells version IMO.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Little scared of them trying to do a stretchy character on a TV budget. I haven't seen it done well in live action movies yet.

ZeroX03

Banned
This season's plot twist should be that Clifford doesn't actually have enhanced intelligence, Barry's just lost his.

A super intelligent style human villain would be a welcome addition. Especially since think Thinker apparently has ambitions for an ideal humanity. Just make him hate Flash because he thinks he's too powerful and a threat... just like Lex and Supes, except Thinker would be justified because Barry's nearly destroyed the world like three times and has an evil alter ego. He really is the worst.

ZeroX03

Banned
Question: Since Episode 5 of The Flash is called “Girls Night Out,” is there a chance the girls will actually speak to each other? And might they do so at a party in anticipation of a certain wedding?
Ausiello:
Here’s what Flash EP Todd Helbing had to say about Ep 5: “It’s really fun. The girls [including a visiting Felicity Smoak] go and have a night out in Central City alone, without the guys. And they get into some trouble.” And to the second part of your Q about the possibility of the outing being a bachelorette party for the potential future Mrs. West-Allen, Helbing responds with a laugh, “Possibly.”

via TVLine

Tabby

So rewatching some of s1, we've really gotten away from Barry's detective work. Miss that aspect alittle

Ah yes, the good old days of when Barry was clever and could actually do things. Kind of like how the early episodes of Arrow had Oliver basically doing everything himself.
Now they're just kind of, useless and rely on their team.

GulAtiCa

I remember that 1st or 2nd episode when they had that CSI overlay stuff showing the numbers and such while investigating. I actually thought that was part of his abilities at first. But like his brain, it went away.

kmfdmpig

I remember that 1st or 2nd episode when they had that CSI overlay stuff showing the numbers and such while investigating. I actually thought that was part of his abilities at first. But like his brain, it went away.

I liked that stuff. It kind of reminded me of Burn Notice in that it gives the audience insight into the process the character is going through.

GulAtiCa

I liked that stuff. It kind of reminded me of Burn Notice in that it gives the audience insight into the process the character is going through.

Me too, and I REALLY loved that about Burn Notice. Whenever I re-watch Arrow from the beginning, I always kinda forget that Oliver for the 1st like 5 episodes, had a inner monologue that would tell us what his thought pattern is, kinda like Michael.

Top Bottom