• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm honestly just expecting Miura to die before it's finished at this point, but will be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't.

He's not that old and doesn't appear to have any kind of serious health problems like Togashi did. I expect him to finish, its just going to take a while.

HStallion

I remember reading that Oda sleeps like 3 hours every day. Like I'm speechless if that's even remotely true. I have a hard time getting out of bed if I sleep anything less than 6 hours :l

There's a really good chance One Piece would finish before Berserk if Miura keeps up this pace.

I wouldn't doubt One Piece finishes before Berserk. That said the sleep schedule Oda has is similar to what we've heard from a lot of Mangaka out there. I believe Miura had a similar schedule where he was only sleeping like 4 hours a night.

f46cd4ebe9042a597ee63d6d9d8dcb8b181f569f_hq.jpg

I'll say this

this is the most disgusting villain in the history of manga

maybe even fiction

Mr Git

I remember reading that Oda sleeps like 3 hours every day. Like I'm speechless if that's even remotely true. I have a hard time getting out of bed if I sleep anything less than 6 hours :l

There's a really good chance One Piece would finish before Berserk if Miura keeps up this pace.

A friend of mine sleeps 4 hours a day but it shows in the sheer amount of shit they get done in a day. I remind them occasionally that that's all the sleep Thatcher needed.

But he is so dreamy, a man this good looking can't do anything wrong in my book!
Griffith does what he needs to do to help his Band, then he gets infatuated with Guts and when he gets rejected he just can't handle that shit and goes off the deep end...granted I do believe all of this was destined to happen. Technically all of it kind of sort of is Guts' fault.

Exodust

Banned
Griffith does what he needs to do to help his Band, then he gets infatuated with Guts and when he gets rejected he just can't handle that shit and goes off the deep end...granted I do believe all of this was destined to happen. Technically all of it kind of sort of is Guts' fault.

Lol no it wasn't. Miura did a good job explaining why Griffith went that way but it was all Griffith. Dude showed some pretty fucked up traits way before shit even went down.

Lol no it wasn't. Miura did a good job explaining why Griffith went that way but it was all Griffith. Dude showed some pretty fucked up traits way before shit even went down.
Griffith literally got fucked in the ass to get a bigger army so more of his men wouldn't die...which is dedication...it's also insanity, but yeah I'll agree Griffith does not have the best moral compass.

Grudy

I wouldn't doubt One Piece finishes before Berserk. That said the sleep schedule Oda has is similar to what we've heard from a lot of Mangaka out there. I believe Miura had a similar schedule where he was only sleeping like 4 hours a night.

Miura is sacrificing so much for us *-*
please sacrifice more

And grats on the tag :eek:

A decade at least if Miura keeps up the pace he has currently.

A decade? More like 2 decades. I look at Berserk as having 3 main parts to it. Part 1 ended with Griffith coming back at The Tower of Conviction. Part 2 will end once Casca is back. Part 3 will obviously end once the story does. We haven't even reached the final part yet! We've got another 20 or so volumes to go. In the mean time you can always watch this video: Predicting The Ending of Berserk. He brings up some great points. I really love the idea of a huge war being the finale. It reminds me of The Lord of the Rings and would be suitably epic beyond words!

I'm now completely caught up on Berserk. The last few chapters have been some of the best in a while. Such beautiful art, but so sad too, going through all those memories again.

Volume 40 could be an incredible volume. I hope English 39 doesn't take too long.

Capra

Still working my way through volumes whenever they come in stock (didn't get an e-reader, too close to completing a physical collection anyway). So I just got to the Berserker Armor chapter and...

Fuck. Yes. I've been waiting so long for this.

Mulgrok

Netflix finally made the 2nd and third berserk movies available in my area after having only the first for over a year.

Sorry for random uninteresting bump but:
Got my girlfriend into Berserk last weekend, we watched all 3 movies back to back on Netflix and she loved em
This week i spend $118 and bought a used copy of the limited edition Volume 37 manga for the Berserker armor figure
Thought i should share

HStallion

Got my girlfriend into Berserk last weekend, we watched all 3 movies back to back on Netflix and she loved em
This week i spend $118 and bought a used copy of the limited edition Volume 37 manga for the Berserker armor figure
Thought i should share

Now to get her into the manga so she can catch up and join the rest of us in the waiting game til the Winter.

Now to get her into the manga so she can catch up and join the rest of us in the waiting game til the Winter.
I've actually been doing that, showed her a lot of thw nicest drawn panels from the manga and also told her about a couple arcs i thought were cool, she's pretty excited but she wants to go down the path of getting the physical books for mow though, which will be a pain, but maybe one day we'll have a collection.

HStallion

I've actually been doing that, showed her a lot of thw nicest drawn panels from the manga and also told her about a couple arcs i thought were cool, she's pretty excited but she wants to go down the path of getting the physical books for mow though, which will be a pain, but maybe one day we'll have a collection.

It is out digitally finally but the prices are high though it's not bad if you wait for a sale. That or try the library if you're not worried about owning everything.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Thought i should share

And show her the old (90's) tv show or at least listen to Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack, it's basically the other half of berserk without it it's not the same.

Just got caught up
damn
I love this manga so much.

Also update on my figure:
I never got it because I ordered it only to have the supplier tell me they didn't have it and asked me to cancel the order.
They ironically still have another, albiet more expensive one for sale though thinking.emoji

I've been doing my reread in legal manga form. I'm on volume 8 and this thing is just littered with excellent panels. I love it. I love the red tones in the cover too.

Top Bottom