• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

AkuMifune

Banned
Leaving the house in a bit. I'll be the one dragging the kid along.

Just hanging out a bit, I don't trust her around you creeps. :)

Timeaisis

Haha I have no idea if anyone else is here so I might head over in a few

Sorry, stuff happened u_u
Probably will just go to pinballz so I don't leave batty all alone. It's real close to sherlock's.

Oh yeah, for those of you that don't know me: I have long hair and an wearing a green Zelda shirt.

Servbot24

Banned
Sorry, stuff happened u_u
Probably will just go to pinballz so I don't leave batty all alone. It's real close to sherlock's.

Oh yeah, for those of you that don't know me: I have long hair and an wearing a green Zelda shirt.
No worries, heading into pinballz now!

kgtrep

I will head out soon, but meet my friend at the lot first. I am wearing jeans and a brown shirt with faded Polo RL logo. See you all there!

Meier

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. Going to a wedding next weekend and I got roped into actually being an adult and shopping for it. Hope y'all are having fun!

I had to go, but that was pretty damn fun. Honestly, the highlight of the month. Hope we get something going soon!

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight guys. Going to a wedding next weekend and I got roped into actually being an adult and shopping for it. Hope y'all are having fun!

It's all good! Till next time!

Gotta run guys, good times! Let's do it again when I don't have a princess in tow. We won a magic fairy wand at least!

Congratulations on winning the magic fairy wand! Hopefully next time we get an even bigger group for the craziness, hah.

T'was a bloody good time. Thanks for all that could turn up and thank you to Timeaisis for arranging and organizing it. It was good to put faces to the names. Even though "y'all" were ugly. :p

kgtrep

Reporting in late, heh. I had a great time meeting all of you and learning some new games. Hope that we can do this again soon.

So im pretty sure Dripping Springs has one pizza joint for every 200 people in that town. Tried one today called Hill Country pizza and it was amazing. I'll need to try Pieous pizza the next time I'm here.

neshcom

Banned
Whoa, I never saw this thread before. Shame I missed the meet-up. Just moved to WAY north Austin about 6 months ago, so it'd be cool to attend the next meet-up.

Sorry I missed. You guys gonna post pics?

I don't think any of us took any pictures. :V

Do it on a Friday next so I can come. I drove right past yall on my way home tonight.

More people would be great, so hopefully we can get the perfect opportunity.

Wonder what the next event would be though.

Sorry I missed it :( I was in the hospital all week

Hopefully we'll get to do this again soon!

Snap. I hope you're well with whatever reason you were in the hospital for.

But hell yeah!

Edit: Just saw. Sorry to hear. D:

Whoa, I never saw this thread before. Shame I missed the meet-up. Just moved to WAY north Austin about 6 months ago, so it'd be cool to attend the next meet-up.

Yesss. More people. Next event, you gotta' be there.

kgtrep

I don't think any of us took any pictures.

I think MadClacker took a photo of me trying out DDR after watching you play, but I wouldn't want him to post it cause I did horribly (D followed by fail).

What I liked about yesterday's meetup is that I got to see a bit of what everyone's favorite games are and how they got into games. My guess is that we all felt similarly and just took mental photos of each other.

We should have played a Beat 'Em Up, specifically X-Men, if it was there. It's 6 players. That would have been awesome, hah.

I think MadClacker took a photo of me trying out DDR after watching you play, but I wouldn't want him to post it cause I did horribly (D followed by fail).

What I liked about yesterday's meetup is that I got to see a bit of what everyone's favorite games are and how they got into games. My guess is that we all felt similarly and just took mental photos of each other.

I wouldn't worry about that, the grading is harsh. I only got one C out of 8 songs I did. The rest were D. Although, I'm not sure what difficulty you chose.
I had Light

Definitely. That's always a lot of fun with a group like that. From everything though, we were all willing to try out the games we all played, which was pretty cool.

It can get old hearing timeaisis repeat how A Link to the Past is his favorite game because it is based on his life story. Dude buys a cup of tokens so he can later dump it and use thr red cup to capture fairies.

I must hear this story now.

Feltrol

Banned
bTLC9a4.jpg

So I just saw this. Looks like they sell it at Rudy's.

I need it.

I didn't know there was a Austin community thread. I've been to Pinballz before, I like the place, though when I went I felt some of the machines weren't calibrated right. Their light games I felt were calibrated kind of wrong and my gun shoot more to the right than my sight, and the MVC2 cab I felt the stick was a little off, but that might just be my unfamiliarity with the parts they used for that cab.

bTLC9a4.jpg

So I just saw this. Looks like they sell it at Rudy's.

I need it.

Fuuuuuu-

I didn't know there was a Austin community thread. I've been to Pinballz before, I like the place, though when I went I felt some of the machines weren't calibrated right. Their light games I felt were calibrated kind of wrong and my gun shoot more to the right than my sight, and the MVC2 cab I felt the stick was a little off, but that might just be my unfamiliarity with the parts they used for that cab.

Welcome!

When was the last time you went?

Ultima_5

I gots a request for a phone interview in Austin. What's the living situation like? It crowded? Traffic, housing cost, crime, et cetera. You got a Costco?

I'll probably skim through this thread later.

I ate at Fixe the other night. Absolutely terrific, their plating is gorgeous. Also, their "red beans and rice" dessert was to die for.

I gots a request for a phone interview in Austin. What's the living situation like? It crowded? Traffic, housing cost, crime, et cetera. You got a Costco?

Plenty of Sam's Clubs and a CostCo down south.

Servbot24

Banned
Btw if anyone is interested in working at a software company let me know - we're hiring and I get a big bonus for recommending people. ;)

Timeaisis

Hey there!

It's a little crowded, depends where you live. Austin is a city that is growing constantly. Traffic is bad, but it's no LA or anything. Housing is reasonable compared to other metro areas, but one of the most expensive in Texas. Cost of living is reasonable. Again, depends on where you live and how close you live to downtown. Crime is average to low.

And yes, we do have a costco.

kgtrep

I really don't like this rain that we are continuing to have. It makes me moody. Anyways, hope that everyone is having a good and safe memorial day.

Something to brighten the day (under the mopac):

OWqC6mu.jpg

Top Bottom