• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Fat4all

Banned
what if I don't trust you

XGjHPbt.jpg

Maximo

How is Ethan not a nice guy, though?

Cause a Youtuber Leafy roasted another Youtuber with Autism (he got posted thousands of horrible messages and death threats) and lashed out when Ethan made a Video about how shitty it was, ended up posting a unflattering conversation between themselves to *get back* at Ethan. Shows how cowedly Leafy was to resort to this and reminds us that people generally say silly things sometimes when *you think* its private between another person.
Shows that Ethan is human not a saint which was fairly obvious but some people seem to take it over the top like with most things.

Fat4all

Banned
Cause a Youtuber Leafy roasted another Youtuber with Autism (he got posted thousands of horrible messages and death threats) and lashed out when Ethan made a Video about how shitty it was, ended up posting a unflattering conversation between themselves to *get back* at Ethan. Shows how cowedly Leafy was to resort to this and reminds us that people generally say silly things sometimes when *you think* its private between another person.
Shows that Ethan is human not a saint which was fairly obvious but some people seem to take it over the top like with most things.

It's pretty strange how that turned out. Ethan could of escalated that situation, but instead wrote two very well written explanations of the events and why they were being skewed to take advantage of the private conversation. He even released the full conversations in their full context, and refused to go on Drama Alert (thank god).When that happened, a group of Leafys fans decided to outright go for a harassment/dislike campaign of Ethan's latest video, which backfired as well as it was "Vape Nation", his most popular video thus far.

Then all the parody YouTube drama videos that came out of the situation were great as well.

It's almost like people on youtube are personalities, shocking i know.

That doesnt mean anything though. They are personalities, but if hitler pretended to be robin williams and did a good job, you would still realise hitler isa dick. Exaggeration I know.

How is Ethan not a nice guy, though?
You can still roast people and portray you are a nice guy, like you can take the higher ground. Thats part of the reason people like him is because he comes from a comedic point of being the voice of reason. hes not funny and hes very much not a nice person.

Lets get something straight here, leafy is worse.

Leafy and h3 and other youtube drama people have been doing this shit to increase views. All of their sub counts have skyrocketed since they started attacking each other, this means nothing to them, it was all planned.

Fat4all

Banned
Their subs have gone up because people like to see fighting on YouTube, not because of a conspiracy theory.

Ethan had two several-paragraph responses to Leafys claims, why didn't he make those into videos if all he cared about was views and subs?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Leafy and h3 and other youtube drama people have been doing this shit to increase views. All of their sub counts have skyrocketed since they started attacking each other, this means nothing to them, it was all planned.
youtube truthers lol

stay woke, I guess

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You can still roast people and portray you are a nice guy, like you can take the higher ground. Thats part of the reason people like him is because he comes from a comedic point of being the voice of reason. hes not funny and hes very much not a nice person.

Again, HOW is he not a nice person? You can't just say someone isn't nice and can't be trusted and not say why.

You keep accusing him of doing something but you refuse to say what that is.

Again, HOW is he not a nice person? You can't just say someone isn't nice and can't be trusted and not say why.

You keep accusing him of doing something but you refuse to say what that is.

Sorry I read your post wrong, I thought you were asking how is he a good person.

Okay, its actually very simple, and unfortunately related to the leafy bullshit, and i quote from his reddit post.

First let me say that I am embarrassed and ashamed for the things I said in my private conversation with leafy. Even though what I said was never meant to be public, they represent the worst side of me, it's embarrassing honestly and I'm sorry you guys had to see that.

"I thought you would never see im an asshole, now i need you to believe im not so you will still watch me".

And honestly, during the whole leafy shit, all I could think was. He is the same as leafy but doesnt say as bad a shit as him. He grills leafy for picking on people, when thats exactly what he does. Fuck leafy, fuck h3.

Its easy to say, well fuck it, these guys are just personalities, but really they represent the worst in us.

Einchy

Sorry I read your post wrong, I thought you were asking how is he a good person.

Okay, its actually very simple, and unfortunately related to the leafy bullshit, and i quote from his reddit post.

"I thought you would never see im an asshole, now i need you to believe im not so you will still watch me".

And honestly, during the whole leafy shit, all I could think was. He is the same as leafy but doesnt say as bad a shit as him. He grills leafy for picking on people, when thats exactly what he does. Fuck leafy, fuck h3.

Its easy to say, well fuck it, these guys are just personalities, but really they represent the worst in us.

So let me get this straight, if I'm speaking to a friend in a private conversation and I say someone makes shitty content that makes me an asshole and not worthy of trust?

So let me get this straight, if I'm speaking to a friend in a private conversation and I say someone makes shitty content that makes me an asshole and not worthy of trust?

Lets put that into his actual words. "They are cancer".

and

people talking to friends are more true to their actual nature vs the person they want the general public to believe. That goes for everyone.

Fat4all

Banned

This is a pretty flimsy, shitty stance to take on any person who makes videos on Youtube, and also ignores the other 98% of Ethan's post. Especially the end where he says:

I did what I felt was right, I stand by our Leafy video, and I don't regret making it, even after they took it further than I ever feared they would. We are not two faced, what you see in our videos is who we are, I believe our actions and our content speak for itself.

Private conversations are hard to judge, especially when you put your trust in another person who betrays that trust. I've had private conversations with my mother about my sister, and I'd never tell my sister the things my mother said about her, because I knew my mother was speaking in confidence to me and likely venting.

people talking to friends are more true to their actual nature vs the person they want the general public to believe. That goes for everyone.

Is this taking into account that saying a channel is 'cancer' is a common way to speak on Youtube these days? I'd openly say that several Youtube channels are 'cancerous'.

Einchy

Lets put that into his actual words. "They are cancer".

and

Cancer is slang for saying someone is shit.

Leafy makes cancerous videos.

Am I now an asshole and untrustworthy?

[edit]

And I don't see what "true" nature Ethan showed.

He showed that he's someone who shoots the shit during a private conversation?

This is a pretty flimsy, shitty stance to take on any person who makes videos on Youtube, and also ignores the other 98% of Ethan's post. Especially the end where he says:

Private conversations are hard to judge, especially when you put your trust in another person who betrays that trust. I've had private conversations with my mother about my sister, and I'd never tell my sister the things my mother said about her, because I knew my mother was speaking in confidence to me and likely venting.

Is this taking into account that saying a channel is 'cancer' is a common way to speak on Youtube these days?

Him saying he stands by his video does not counteract what he said privately.

And like i said, you cant say "oh well i thought what i was saying was only going to be private so its ok"

Cancer is slang for saying someone is shit.

Leafy makes cancerous videos.

Am I now an asshole and untrustworthy?

yeah

Fat4all

Banned
Him saying he stands by his video does not counteract what he said privately.

And like i said, you cant say "oh well i thought what i was saying was only going to be private so its ok"

It's YouTube nomenclature. Hell, it's Twitter nomenclature as well.

Einchy

Haha, wow, okay.

At least I'm not calling people assholes, saying "fuck you H3H3" and saying they're untrustworthy.

I'm glad we have you here, the height of morality, to set us all straight.

If only we could all be you.

Maximo

That doesnt mean anything though. They are personalities, but if hitler pretended to be robin williams and did a good job, you would still realise hitler isa dick. Exaggeration I know.

Lets get something straight here, leafy is worse.

I never said Ethan was worse I thought I presented my views fairly without bias. Obviously Leafy is worse the dude fucking made fan of someone with autism shit doesn't get much lower then that.

Fat4all

Banned
Haha, wow, okay.

At least I'm not calling people assholes, saying "fuck you H3H3" and saying they're untrustworthy.

I'm glad we have you here, the height of morality, to set us all straight.

If only we could all be you.

And I was wondering when I made this OT if some of that drama still lingered.

I shoulda known.

dickroach

I'd never ever seen this channel before a couple of weeks ago and now he pops up on my feed daily.

link me to the defining h3h3 video, or the funniest

Fat4all

Banned
I'd never ever seen this channel before a couple of weeks ago and now he pops up on my feed daily.

link me to the defining h3h3 video, or the funniest

I think I'm gonna recommend this one, it shows off a good bit of their editing style. They make other video that aren't reactions, but this one is a nice one:

When Texting Turns Into Sexting

They do a lot more live stuff these days.

edit: Important to note, his wife is the camerawoman and is often referenced and talked to directly.

Arcia

Banned
Love this channel! I subscribed to them recently after a lot of people on GAF recommended some videos in another thread a while back.

Bacon

That hypnotism video was fucking incredible. I couldn't stop laughing when the guy was supposed to be talking in a language "that doesn't exist" but actually just spoke perfect english the entire time.

OT is a few hours old and it's already a mess. Nothing fun ever happens in the Sleepycabin OT I made :/ (which Ethan will apparently be on at some point in the future).

I feel H3H3 needs to do more Collaborations with Filthy Frank. Ethan has a werid chemistry with him

Crazy how many fairly big YouTubers get together and collaborate on stuff. I was surprised to see JonTron and Ethan together, I think the first time was the pizza video.
Filthy Frank too, though I'd already known Ethan liked Filthy Frank's stuff before they did anything together.

They're all funny dudes.

Xux

Oh man, I've really been getting into these guys. I find that I like the more laid back feel of the Ethan and Hila series but h3h3 has some great moments. Ethan's face when trying the gifilte fish in the Hila's first Thanksgiving episode sustains me.

Fat4all

Banned
Oh man, I've really been getting into these guys. I find that I like the more laid back feel of the Ethan and Hila series but h3h3 has some great moments. Ethan's face when trying the gifilte fish in the Hila's first Thanksgiving episode sustains me.

I really enjoy their second channel, and was super happy to see it blow up like it did. Their "month of uploads" gave it a huge boost in publicity and showed the public the kind of smaller, yet still entertaining content they could produce.

Puruzi

Banned
Not really into Ethan and Hila

in the videos i've watched she kinda just

sits there and barely talks. it's awkward

orochi91

The physical comedy can be seriously off-putting at times; the obnoxious retching and facial contortion especially.

I can only watch his stuff in short bursts, lol

I don't understand her purpose those videos either.

She's just...there.

Fat4all

Banned

Hilas always been pretty shy and that's why she mostly just does camera work, but she's been coming out of her she'll a lot more recently, like in the "10 Questions" video and the little lets play things they did.

"Hila, say one thing to make me laugh."
"CHINA!"

PsychBat!

Banned
Hila is really shy.
She was never comfortable in front of the camera. And while she's improving on her shyness, it doesn't mean it will go away completely.

She edits all the videos anyways.

I used to think all reaction videos were trash until discovering this channel. There can be a level of craft in reacting to stuff it just that no one else does it like H3H3 to my knowledge.

Top Bottom