• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

thenexus6

giphy.gif

Goddamn that's terrible for them. They're one of the most innocent comedy channels online, never talk shit or attempt to start fights or anything, everything being in good fun, and so of course they're targeted for a lawsuit that could likely ruin their lives.

Fucking youtube copyright shit.

Indelible

It is pretty sad that you can be sued by just making a reaction video, youtube really isn't a safe place for content creators. Hopefully this gets thrown out and they recover from this.

Fat4all

Banned
It is pretty sad that you can be sued by just making a reaction video, youtube really isn't a safe place for content creators. Hopefully this gets thrown out and they recover from this.

It's hard to say for sure, as there are a lot of "reactors" who don't offer nearly enough commentary or perspective to a video for it to be considered fair-use. Like videos of people watching an entire video without interruptions or a lot of discussion. But H3H3 does it right for sure, they don't air the entire video straight without interrupting it and commentating on it.

As much as I don't like the Fine Bros., they have the right kind of format for a fair-use reaction channel, which is similar to how Ethan and Hila do.

painey

It almost certainly won't go trial - it's an opportunistic lawsuit that has already so many holes in it will clearly fail. It was scare tactics, but some people you can't scare.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
All of the claims are so much bullshit, I can't believe something this obviously false will actually go to trial.

This dude wants every bit of money that Ethan and Hila make and claims he deserves it because of one video.

Aiii

So not worth it
The USA's legal system is seriously fucked up.

Also lol at something that is an obvious law issue, it's either against or in compliance with the law, going to a jury trial. Certainly there are no better judges on Fair Use than a bunch of randomly selected US Citizens, makes perfect sense.

Sorry America, but that's kind of fucked up.

Montresor

Who is the Bold Guy?

So the guy who was made fun of in one short video, the parkour guy, is taking down Ethan and Hila and h3h3? What a shame. So not Soflo, not Ethan Bradberry, not DJ Khaled, etc... not those guys who have had tons more grief/goofs thrown their way. But this parkour guy gets made fun of in one small video and he's suing h3h3 and will possibly shut them down?

Ugh...

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
The USA's legal system is seriously fucked up.

Also lol at something that is an obvious law issue, it's either against or in compliance with the law, going to a jury trial. Certainly there are no better judges on Fair Use than a bunch of randomly selected US Citizens, makes perfect sense.

Sorry America, but that's kind of fucked up.
Yeah this is crazy. It's not like there are motives and testimonies to consider. There are just the facts. Bizzare.

Slacker

I mean... really. I know people like some stupid crap on youtube, but this? This is entertaining someone out there? I love how he blurred out the woman's phone number at the end too, wouldn't want us all giving Dream Girl a call, eh Matt?

Do people think this is real? The guy looks like Mr Bean's stupider cousin. And he's out there finding pretty girls who happen to be mic'd up and don't react to multiple HD cameras pointing at them? And they're into it?

At least he didn't write lines for this girl commenting about his firm butt or presumed mighty thrust. If he did make her say that stuff, forgive me, I skimmed.

Man... When I got the "We're Being Sued" notification earlier I was hoping it was a parody/joke. This is so depressing and frustrating that this moron is able to do this much damage.

Apt101

I feel bad for them, but this is one of the risks one takes if one decides to openly ridicule another on the Internet. Especially when you make a living off YouTube, et al, and so do they.

The worst aspect, to me, is how drawn out and expensive the legal process is for them to fight this.

Aiii

So not worth it
I feel bad for them, but this is one of the risks one takes if one decides to openly ridicule another on the Internet. Especially when you make a living off YouTube, et al, and so do they.

The worst aspect, to me, is how drawn out and expensive the legal process is for them to fight this.

This is why I have legal insurance to make sure that if, for whatever reason, I need to enter a legal battle, at least I don't have to go bankrupt over it.

And I'm not even in a country where people go batshit with lawsuits.

Holy shit Ethan was waaaaaaaay too easy on this fuckwad.

Like how insecure do you have to be to sue someone over that? Ethan put him over by respecting what he does and lightweight encourages him to continue. Because holy shit if Bold Guy was all a character act on how to be a total creep that orchestrates the reality he so wishes to be true, then he did a fantastic job and should be applauded. That's some Andy Kaufman level shenanigans.

But it clearly isn't and the dude should really just fuck off.

how someone like leafyishere is still making videos when H3H3, who makes lighthearted videos, is getting attacked is beyond me.

Top Bottom