• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

- YahooTV review
The challenge for Valley in its fourth season was to somehow parallel the nonstop innovation that occurs in the real-life Silicon Valley while retaining the elements that have made this comedy a success — primarily, the constant, abrasive interactions between brilliant losers Dinesh, Richard, Gilfoyle (Martin Starr), Jared (Zach Woods), and Erlich (T.J. Miller). Based on the three episodes made available for review, Silicon Valley has innovated to just the right degree.

h1nch

So glad this is coming back. I know a lot of GAFers get frustrated by the plot development, but for me this show has been and continues to be all about the culturally relevant jokes. This show's ability to tap into the zeitgeist of the valley and appropriately tear it to shreds with satire will always be its strong suit.

poop-on-my-wife.jpg

Season premiere tonight:
Success Failure

In the wake of Pied Piper's clickfarm scandal, the guys struggle to find funding for Pied Piper's video-chat app to keep up with their rapidly growing user base. Erlich (T.J. Miller) faces resistance from Big Head's dad (Patrick O'Connor), while Gavin (Matt Ross) balks after Jack (Stephen Tobolowsky) steps on his toes at Hooli. Having a hard time adjusting to his company's pivot, Richard (Thomas Middleditch) gets sage advice from an unexpected source, leading him to a big idea that could change his future.

Super hyped for the show's return. One of my favourite television shows ever - just amazing and hilarious writing. Enjoyed this immensely every year it has been out.

I'm starting a re-watch marathon of the first three seasons to get myself prepped. Looking forward to tonight.

Ogodei

Meh, not the best episode, though it did a good job setting up an interesting new dynamic. Felt too self-referential, though it's nice to see Jack Barker get his.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Honestly surprised they had him branch off so quickly in episode one. It would have Been a few episodes
Of pointless will he / won't he in earlier seasons.

TripOpt55

The Russ scene was hysterical. I really like Richard branching off to do his own thing too. Dinesh as CEO should be funny. Good episode.

big_z

Good start to a the new season. Gavins obsession with the flight plan amused me a ton. Reminded me of this:

z9Bbd.png

VAD

This is the only comedy that makes me laugh out loud after 3 seasons. Russ is still the best. He, in one move, managed to sum up what entrepreneurship is about while being funny as hell.

Santiako

Good first episode, set up the whole season quickly and we got some Russ and Gavin/Jack action, so all good.

Series 3 was so bad that I couldn't care less for 4th season.

Thank you for letting us know, we were all wondering if you cared about a 4th season.

TTOOLL

Very good start! Russ scene was hilarious, great fucking character.

I liked the new direction too, but I'm wondering how they're​going to get together again, because they sure will.

Richard's idea is a little bit ambitious ugh?

Great premiere​. Had me laughing out loud at multiple points, like when Richard teases his next project but nobody follows him into the next room, hahaha.

j-wood

A friend of mine just pointed out how, just like Richard, the show keeps pivoting, adding a 4th wall context to all the "you can't keep pivoting!" jokes. So good

Just when I thought "man, Russ' character is still so awesome! " they have him drive away listening to Last Resort by Papa Roach.

This fucking show is amazing.

Just when I thought "man, Russ' character is still so awesome! " they have him drive away listening to Last Resort by Papa Roach.

This fucking show is amazing.

I loved Richard's line during that scene: "watch out, kids, he's about to peel out."

Just highlights how little Russ cares about the children's safety.

Top Bottom