• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

Tripon

First ep was really funny. I was down on the series after the end of Season 3 just because I thought they were doing the same season finale they did for the 3rd time.

Slacker

A little disappointed in the Gavin/Barker story being a bit predictable, but I'm sure it'll pay off soon. What was nickname for the guy dwelling in the depths of the datacenter?

Russ stole the show as always. Love his ability to both mortify and truly help Richard simultaneously. And I loved that while needlessly listing every type of gay person he knows he finally stopped to explain what a Donald Duck was.

Poor Jared, torn between his duty to the company and his undying loyalty to Richard. I though Richard was going to have to go full Harry and the Hendersons on him to get him to leave.

Loved that Richards video he used for the "10% quality increase" was Dinesh's romantic target overseas who spurned him.

Great stuff all around. And I think HBO realizes everyone is looking up the end credits songs now because this weeks is on a "Music from the HBO original series" album on Spotify. Edit: Wait, was this song made just for the show? If so well done.

Slacker

Seems like a good way to waste people's phone batteries, storage and data caps. The one part of the episode I didn't like.

I don't think we can expect the writers of this TV show to come up with an actual revolutionary tech innovation. :p

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For a moment I was worried that they're going to rehash old storylines, but by the end of the episode, this looks promising.

Chase17

Loved out with the ambush scene Jared was trying to get to him first from the front entrance. Russ was great as always.

Kaizer

Banned
Great first episode, looking forward to see where they go with Richard's incredibly ambitious idea & how it will be brought down to Earth. Also looking forward to seeing Dinesh get a temporary streak of success - of course he'll fuck it up though lol

More Russ is always great and the "bathroom office" gag was hilarious. Favorite moment was Gavin instructing his security guard to continue flying his jet around just to confirm it would've been quicker to drop him off first.

oatmeal

Banned
Great episode

Favorite moments...

1. Richard biting his fingers and making a gross face and it cutting to the opening titles.
2. Richard telling everyone he has to show them something and assuming they followed.
3. The cut to Russ with the gull wing doors
4. Men's washroom gag used twice. The second time in the sub basement was just the hilarious cherry on top.

GrapeApes

Just when I thought "man, Russ' character is still so awesome! " they have him drive away listening to Last Resort by Papa Roach.

This fucking show is amazing.
I can't be the only one who was thinking this was a reference to that fake Paul Ryan story about Last Resort. It def fits the character but I want to know if they got the idea from that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What was the context of this? I can't remember.

Haven't been able to watch the premiere yet, but looking forward to it.

They're making fun of Russ Hanneman's douchey smile in a photo.

I was already pretty tired of the show last season, and it's not doing a whole lot to improve. Except for having Russ on again. The whole "Richard never learns" deal has been played out, and him starting a new thing is not going to end any better for him than last time because he's absolute shit at running a company.

Internet2 is actually sorta a thing.

Internet2 isn't anything like what Richard proposed though. His idea has already sort of been done on a small scale; there are some ad-hoc messaging apps which use p2p to set up an impromptu wireless network.

Arkeband

Banned
Tommy Middle-D is an amazing actor so I'm hoping this season gives him some more space to explore other sides of Richard besides being a nervous clutz.

Kumail is also awesome and I can't wait to see how a season with him more at the forefront will work. Dinesh has enough hubris where the audience would still love to see him fail as much as Gilfoyle would, yet he's so sympathetic that we want to see how far he can get before he faceplants. It's perfect.

Jared steals every scene he's in like Jian Yang.

I was already pretty tired of the show last season, and it's not doing a whole lot to improve. Except for having Russ on again. The whole "Richard never learns" deal has been played out, and him starting a new thing is not going to end any better for him than last time because he's absolute shit at running a company.

I disagree. Old Richard would've stayed and persisted in trying to change course of the existing company, ultimately contributing to its eventual failure. He's grown enough at this point that he realized he would be a hindrance to their success, and chooses to exit the video-chat endeavor gracefully.

I thought the episode was a really good start to a new season, and Russ continues to be hilarious. I fucking lost it when he started his car and Last Resort was playing, because of course Russ Hanneman would be listening to that.

finished season 3 today after starting it during its runtime last year then watched the first episode of the new season

love it, always found barker painfully unfunny so glad to see him get shitted on, gavin and the security guy are great

I disagree. Old Richard would've stayed and persisted in trying to change course of the existing company, ultimately contributing to its eventual failure. He's grown enough at this point that he realized he would be a hindrance to their success, and chooses to exit the video-chat endeavor gracefully.

Oh sure, he took Russ's advice. Because it gave him an out without having to support someone else's idea. He's still as arrogant as ever, and that is his Achilles Heel. Doesn't matter how smart he is; as long as Richard's unwilling to compromise with anyone else and listen to people under him, he'll continue to fail.

Oh sure, he took Russ's advice. Because it gave him an out without having to support someone else's idea. He's still as arrogant as ever, and that is his Achilles Heel. Doesn't matter how smart he is; as long as Richard's unwilling to compromise with anyone else and listen to people under him, he'll continue to fail.

Oh definitely, I think he'll still do something that blows up in his face hard (which I admittedly enjoy seeing happen still), but I do think he has grown as a character at least somewhat.

Shaneus

I'd love for some tables to turn and have Dinesh actually become Pakistani Denzel, a real ladies man. Or get with that woman who turned him down over PiperChat.

bounchfx

Just finished watching the premier. Loved it. Fuck this show is so god damn funny and well written. Can't wait for more

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Top Bottom