• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

Watching Gilfoyle sip his champagne out of focus while Jared outlined everything that was going wrong was priceless. What a great episode.

Yeah. In an episode full of laugh-out-loud moments him popping the champagne got me the hardest. He takes such great pleasure in Dinesh's failure.

Kaizer

Banned
Yeah. In an episode full of laugh-out-loud moments him popping the champagne got me the hardest. He takes such great pleasure in Dinesh's failure.

Yeah, I was waiting for when Gilfoyle was going to chime in on Dinesh's sudden change as CEO and as soon as he popped the champagne I lost it.

h1nch

Did anyone notice in the clip of Jack talking to his kids, the ponytail guy leans into the shot in the bg?

It's the little details that make this show so fucking hilarious

A few gifs:

2PAn66n.gif

wHuEmPr.gif

lOsJTjx.gif

83MAIm8.gif

Slacker

"You evict me, I evict your ten percent."

Jian Yang is still the star of this show

Loved that line. Erlich really should know better by now than to trust anything from Jian-Yang. Wish we could have seen JY smoke a special occasion cigarette.

Loved the Guru and the Security Chief's rivalry. ”He even referred to you as Gavin Smellson." Ironically Barker is almost certainly working on something big to help the company while Gavin continues to accidentally destroy it.

And this show does callbacks so well. Awesome to see the Focus Group Guy back at it again with Gavin behind the glass. "Hella lame" sign-in page lol. :D

Although the unwittingly handing a disaster to Gavin angle was nice, at what point are these guys really going to catch a break? The 'we fuck everything up ad nauseum' shtick gets tiring 4 seasons in. I swear Judge said it wasn't going to be blunder city non stop this season?

Still enjoying the show overall, though. Glad crazy-eyez killa has a recurring role now, hilarious.

Although the unwittingly handing a disaster to Gavin angle was nice, at what point are these guys really going to catch a break? The 'we fuck everything up ad nauseum' shtick gets tiring 4 seasons in. I swear Judge said it wasn't going to be blunder city non stop this season?
Yes, this is what Judge said:

- THR: 'Silicon Valley' Showrunner Mike Judge: "We're Going to Break the Rules This Season"
Although he didn’t divulge many details on the upcoming season of the hit show, which follows a group of programmers, developers and entrepreneurs trying to break through in the eponymous tech world of Silicon Valley, Judge did say the characters “make some strides.” That doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily succeed in their endeavors, however.

“If they suddenly succeed and they’re all billionaires, you might not care about them as much,” the showrunner explained, adding, “If they’re complaining about something you might just go, ‘Oh, you’re a billionaire, stop complaining.’ But at the same time we can’t keep kicking them down every episode.”

Kyou

could not stop laughing

"Gavin you really don't want to do this"
"You have five seconds, five, fo-"
"OKAY"

Amazing episode. Better than last week and I thought that was decent. The show continues to be hilarious and addictive. Love this show.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So Ehrlich has 10% of Jian Yang now? I hope Jian Yang becomes a billionaire. That way stuff can move forward out of the "everyone gets fucked" cycle, and you could have it that Ehrlich gets guilted into funding the rest of the guys and ends up tying all his money into a hundred million dollar server farm or something, ending up with no real cash on hand so he still has to live poor.

So Ehrlich has 10% of Jian Yang now? I hope Jian Yang becomes a billionaire. That way stuff can move forward out of the "everyone gets fucked" cycle, and you could have it that Ehrlich gets guilted into funding the rest of the guys and ends up tying all his money into a hundred million dollar server farm or something, ending up with no real cash on hand so he still has to live poor.

Yea it's season 4 I'm tired of everyone getting fucked and being broke. I wish they all become billionaires and we can watch them lose money instead. Basically a new way of getting fucked.

Even though this episode was a microcosm of the "hit it big and fall hard" arc the show treads out again and again, the monumental nature of the fuck up and the high of CEO Dinesh made this one of my favorite episodes of the show.

Also, Jared's naive belief that everyone reads the ToS killed me.

Arkeband

Banned
Gavin showing up to that high class restaurant in his totally inconspicuous black hoodie again cracked me up.

I was also hoping for more Dinesh CEO but him running it into the ground almost immediately is also hilarious.

bounchfx

I don't care if they're ever actually successful if the show keeps up this pace of quality comedy. It would be cool to see but it would almost have to be like gavin, otherwise shit might get boring. I have nothing against them being successful but it feels like it would be dull if it was all just sunshine.

Ogodei

I don't care if they're ever actually successful if the show keeps up this pace of quality comedy. It would be cool to see but it would almost have to be like gavin, otherwise shit might get boring. I have nothing against them being successful but it feels like it would be dull if it was all just sunshine.

Mike Judge has the good point that it's hard to make the struggles of billionaires relatable.

Semi-make-it might work, since plenty of folks identify with upper-middle-class protagonists, but .1%ers might fall outside the empathy zone.

Although from the previews it looks like they're going in a different direction after this, now that PiperChat is gone, but that they fast run into legal trouble of some kind that's deeper than the muck they've been in before.

amanset

As someone that has had to deal with COPPA at his current and previous job (especially that last one as, without giving too much away, we dealt a lot with young girls), I both found this episode weird, in seeing something I have dealt with so much become that kind of plot point in a comedy, but also oddly satisfying. A kind of "so it wasn't just me".

Definitely enjoying this season so far.

reKon

Banned
Watching Gilfoyle sip his champagne out of focus while Jared outlined everything that was going wrong was priceless. What a great episode.

Gilfoyle finally sharing his internal happiness after finally seeing Dinesh fuck up killed me. I was l laughing my ass off because you could tell that he legitimately had joy on his face.

The ending was so perfect with Gavin banging on the two-way mirror. lol Wonder how Gavin's going to cope with owing 21 billion in fines in the next episode?

Something tells me his days might be numbered. Love this show and can't wait for the next episode.

norinrad

The ending was so perfect with Gavin banging on the two-way mirror. lol Wonder how Gavin's going to cope with owing 21 billion in fines in the next episode?

Something tells me his days might be numbered. Love this show and can't wait for the next episode.

He will be joining the datacenter Guy soon enough.

gazele

Banned
Much better than the first episode I thought, some laugh out loud moments, mostly involving Jared and Dinesh

Russ leaving
"Watch out stay back he is gonna peel out"
Lol
More lols because alpha male failure Gorka apparently "peels out" of the White House in his mustang.

Floex

That was just fantastic. So many laugh out loud moments.

You knew the the payoff was coming with Jian-Yang but you didn't quite know what kind of app it would be. 😂

Banzai

Hilarious episode.
I can't help but feel like the video chat crashed and burned a little quickly. though. And they just happened to get an extremely easy way out. Still funny, just a bit easy.

norinrad

Hilarious episode.
I can't help but feel like the video chat crashed and burned a little quickly. though. And they just happened to get an extremely easy way out. Still funny, just a bit easy.

Actually Dinesh is a classic example of why some people should never be CEOs. Same goes for Richard. A guy like Dinesh could be an awesome Technical lead. As for Richard, I just don't know. Perhaps a contractor? LOL

The ending is out of this world. Still can't stop laughing with the perv in there.

Love the focus group leader. :D

And it still cracks me up that the lawyer is the first time I've seen that actor, Matt McCoy, in anything since he had his breakdowns as Lloyd Braun in Seinfeld all those years ago. :)

Top Bottom