• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. He'a gonna fire Muller.

I feel like whoever leaked the Mueller bomb yesterday knows the chances of this happening increases with the leak.

A lot of Republicans are the elderly that absolutely hate the ACHA and not because it's a failure.

A lot more are very afraid they're going to die. Party loyalty doesn't matter when you're threatening someone's life.

A lot of them hate it because they view it as Obamacare lite with the tax credits. It's seen as a handout by the extreme.

Ogodei

left bubble media is certainly out there, but it doesn't have the toxic reputation that right-bubble media has. I've seen righties talk about Daily Kos or Rawstory, but even they don't couch it in the same derogatory context as lefties will discuss Drudge or Breitbart.

Mother Jones does surprisingly good investigative work.

left bubble media is certainly out there, but it doesn't have the toxic reputation that right-bubble media has. I've seen righties talk about Daily Kos or Rawstory, but even they don't couch it in the same derogatory context as lefties will discuss Drudge or Breitbart.

Mother Jones does surprisingly good investigative work.

I mean, you could see it in this article:

https://news.vice.com/story/journal...in-separate-online-bubbles-mit-analysis-shows
TwitterData1-01.png

There is tiny amounts of bubbling in the far FAR left (little blue splotches), but it's nothing compared to the blatant bubble that Trump supporters live in on that twitter spectrum.

Liberals and Progressives are just much more likely to actually read valid sources.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
To go in a more lighthearted direction:

Adam Goldberg, creator of The Goldbergs inadvertently created a meme posting this on twitter:

twitter said:
DB7G_uzUQAEF3I9.jpg

“My God, the President is completely and utterly broken! I can’t tell you how disappointed I am. This isn’t fixable, is it? #Skroob,”

You can probably guess from here where this goes.

Blind Trump Loyalists, Assemble!

via AVClub who collected a whole set of these

I mean, I guess I could see how people could get the two confused...

They're basically testing the waters for firing Mueller. I think Trump's (idiot) sons and his dirty business associates are going to convince him to do it. The danger with a SC was always that it would expand and look at everything. In this case, "everything" includes a lot of dirty money and questionable business.

The question I have...will Rosenstein agree to fire him, on grounds of "well this was supposed to be about the Russian probe but now he's looking at all this other stuff so..." It seems possible, but we'll see. I'd like to believe Rosenstein would refuse, and resign or be fired.

Firing Mueller is going to be titanic. Not sure how republicans would respond, although I think Burr is doing his job and would likely react correctly. But Paul Ryan and everyone else? Eh.

They're basically testing the waters for firing Mueller. I think Trump's (idiot) sons and his dirty business associates are going to convince him to do it. The danger with a SC was always that it would expand and look at everything. In this case, "everything" includes a lot of dirty money and questionable business.

The question I have...will Rosenstein agree to fire him, on grounds of "well this was supposed to be about the Russian probe but now he's looking at all this other stuff so..." It seems possible, but we'll see. I'd like to believe Rosenstein would refuse, and resign or be fired.

Firing Mueller is going to be titanic. Not sure how republicans would respond, although I think Burr is doing his job and would likely react correctly. But Paul Ryan and everyone else? Eh.

To me, Rosenstein had a bug up his ass about Comey the same way Comey had a bug up his ass about Clinton and Lynch--the behavior offended his sensibilities. But I can't imagine Rosenstein agreeing to fire a guy he personally and unilaterally appointed for doing the job he absolutely must have understood he'd do when he appointed him.

Blader

I can't wait to see what Marco Rubio, Portrait of Courage, has to say about that.

I can't wait to see what Marco Rubio, Portrait of Courage, has to say about that.

"We shouldn't continue to operate under this notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing."

He'll malfunction, and only Chris Christie can fix it.

Sahil Kapur‏Verified account
@sahilkapur

Reporter asks what's in Senate health bill, saying public doesn't know.

"Well join the crowd. I'm in the same category," says Orrin Hatch.

Haha, nice trolling

Blader

Has it even been sent to the CBO yet? They want to vote on it before July 4th right and yet theres a 2 week turnaround with the CBO?

Like how the fuck are they going to pull that shit off?

It hasn't been sent to CBO yet. I think the expectation was the draft would be finished and sent off this week, but seems like they might be behind that.

I think if it's not sent to CBO before the end of the week, getting a floor vote before the recess will become impossible.

Hatch is pretty good at the troll game for an 83-year-old.

Or he's just genuinely senile.

Trump at 35/64 nationally per AP and 43/51 in Texas per YouGov.

Oof. Texas gets closer with every election. It probably still won't go blue/purple until 2024 or later, but, because of anti-Trump sentiment, 2020 could be closer than anyone expects. Some House Republicans from Texas should be worried.

I also have a sliver of hope for Beto O'Rourke next year. I just wish he hadn't kneecapped himself by refusing to accept "corporate money." No one would have fucking cared in an anti-Trump wave, but no, he has to show people how wonderful and morally superior and anti-establishment (despite being in Congress for years) he is.

Apparently a bipartisan group of state senators are going to try to open a probe to investigate Greitens for corruption. Hope he gets fucked.

I have little expectation anything could happen, but maybe.

We'll see how long Greitens can "take on the establishment" I guess. I tend to think that strategy works less once you're actually in office (and therefore the establishment).

Ogodei

We gonna Cruz to a Senate majority, boy.

Assuming we actually get our shit together in recruitment for Nevada and Arizona.

I have faith in the Reid Machine in Nevada. Assuming they don't completely punt on governor again and just cede the downballot because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom