• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

I'm remembering why I stopped posting on Destructoid, I'm debating with two people who apparently don't understand the basic concept of white privilege.

Raw64life

Made it to the Tokyo Dome. Enjoy my exhausted, dressed-like-Bray-Wyatt-ass.

On another wrestling note, seen plenty of wrasslin' shirts both on locals and tourists, mainly some form of Bullet Club one or Kenny Omega. To be fair, that might just be because I recognise them.

Now I gotta go sleep though, it's midnight here and getting up early to go on the Bullet Train.

Being right next to Korakuen Hall helps. Tokyo Dome is near Suidobashi, where pretty much every wrestling related store in Tokyo has been located. There's barely anything left these days but if you're at the Tokyo Dome you're very close to the NJPW store. Also Toukoudan which is the largest wrestling store left in Tokyo.

Went to Japan last year and I miss it so. Can't wait to go back.

Egg0

Banned
Post Jim Sterling Destructoid is so weird.

Who else is getting G1 ads on gaf? Im tempted to report this one with Cody that keeps showing up.

Sephzilla

Post Jim Sterling Destructoid is so weird.

I'm gonna shoot: Jim Sterling sucked for a lot of the later portion of his Destructoid run. He started off pretty good because he kept his sarcasm and bitterness levels at mild levels so it came off pretty funny without derailing an article or making it all about him. But as Jim himself became more popular and more of a personality he turned into a caricature of himself, started getting really clickbaity, and would put really stupid shit like 30 second MS Paint pictures on the front page and call it an article. He basically reset himself when he went full independent with The Jimquisition and his content is 100x better as a result.

Post Sterling Destructoid is weird because the site seems to lack any kind of identity, and when someone tries to go edgy-hipster and try to be Neo Sterling
*cough* Steve Hansen *cough*
it comes off so fucking try-hard. Plus a few years back the site made a really hard push to suddenly become super PC after GamerGate became a thing, which I can totally admire, but I almost think they pushed too hard with it and some of their changes were stupid. I think it was partially because Niero was trying to sell the site and couldn't find a buyer.

I'm gonna shoot: Jim Sterling sucked for a lot of the later portion of his Destructoid run. He started off pretty good because he kept his sarcasm and bitterness levels at mild levels so it came off pretty funny without derailing an article or making it all about him. But as Jim himself became more popular and more of a personality he turned into a caricature of himself, started getting really clickbaity, and would put really stupid shit like 30 second MS Paint pictures on the front page and call it an article. He basically reset himself when he went full independent with The Jimquisition and his content is 100x better as a result.

Post Sterling Destructoid is weird because the site seems to lack any kind of identity, and when someone tries to go edgy-hipster and try to be Neo Sterling
*cough* Steve Hansen *cough*
it comes off so fucking try-hard. Plus a few years back the site made a really hard push to suddenly become super PC after GamerGate became a thing, which I can totally admire, but I almost think they pushed too hard with it and some of their changes were stupid. I think it was partially because Niero was trying to sell the site and couldn't find a buyer.

I don't know, everytime someone I know goes "You have to check out this Jimquisition" he still seems like a caricature. Just not my thing I guess. I feel like I don't really care about "video game personalities" anymore.

Sephzilla

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SAY, JUST SAY IT, SEPHZILLA.

Yours are better!

I don't know, everytime someone I know goes "You have to check out this Jimquisition" he still seems like a caricature. Just not my thing I guess. I feel like I don't really care about "video game personalities" anymore.

He's still a caricature but this time he's a caricature who, mostly, still remains on point. Destructoid Sterling was way less tolerable by comparison. And since he was the chief reviews guy it meant he got almost all of the big game releases

Hex

Banned
This isn't about us, Hex. This about you.

That being said, I will certainly try to hug the sin out of your chubby little body.

giphy.gif

Guys have any big plans for weekend?

I'm likely to platinum Gravity Rush 2 and I just got Ratchet and Clank which is a blast. Otherwise, projects around the house and dirty yard work will take up my time.

Mahonay

Banned

I'm likely to platinum Gravity Rush 2 and I just got Ratchet and Clank which is a blast. Otherwise, projects around the house and dirty yard work will take up my time.
Just settling in to my new apartment and wishing my internet was set up.

Zach

God dang it, don't mention household chores and yard work.

God dang it, Gravy.

But depending on what's going down -- you never know with these wildcard children -- I hope to beat The Witcher III DLC -- yeeeaaah! And then maybe start some other game. Maybe rewatch some Twin Peaks. Maybe even watch Eraserhead or Blue Velvet or something, why not?! It's been a while!

Yours are better!

He's still a caricature but this time he's a caricature who, mostly, still remains on point. Destructoid Sterling was way less tolerable by comparison. And since he was the chief reviews guy it meant he got almost all of the big game releases

Destructoid Sterling was also a raging Gamergate level misogynist. I'm still blocked on twitter for calling him out on it back in that time.

How he managed to grow out of it and change still impresses me.

Egg0

Banned

Grind some Persona 5 during G1. Thats the plan at least.

Slizz

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think I'm gonna go to a different Indy promotion down here tomorrow. Same area, only $20...... Though this time I'm most likely going by myself.

Well that's heartening. Not him changing, specifically, but knowing that sometimes people get better. That's always nice to see.

Here's an article about him talking about it himself. It's great to see him change rather than doubling down on it like TB, with that said I still think the whole being cool with TB thing hurts his position a little.

Nice plans.

I need to get around to watching Twin Peaks.

Not gonna lie there, FE. A grill has changed my life. My family and I haven't eaten out in 5 weeks and going.

Beautiful thing.

Nice man, I am looking at used grills that are a few years old. I got a few emails going back and forth but I am hoping to get the price dropped a bit and pick it up this weekend. Really wanna make my chicken, steak, etc etc etc

Zach

I'll be in Vegas from Sunday to Tuesday. Gonna hang out at the pools, drink, eat a bunch of a food, and just chill.

Tomorrow just relax.

Ithil

WWE put up a Mae Young qualifying match of Bianca Belair vs. Aliyah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZgaJb8PbIo

Bianca does the hair whip move and is probably one the favorites to go well into the tournament of the competitors who started at the performance center.

I've seen some of the videos WWE has done on her training, she seems like a super, super athlete. Which makes me remember they really lack for any kind of spectacular high flying female, like Neville or someone is for the men. Lots of them do ranas or a moonsault but there's none that make high flying their thing.
There's no reason they can't.

Heroman

Banned
I've seen some of the videos WWE has done on her training, she seems like a super, super athlete. Which makes me remember they really lack for any kind of spectacular high flying female, like Neville or someone is for the men. Lots of them do ranas or a moonsault but there's none that make high flying their thing.
Who's going to trained them?

Jamie OD

Made it to the Tokyo Dome. Enjoy my exhausted, dressed-like-Bray-Wyatt-ass.

On another wrestling note, seen plenty of wrasslin' shirts both on locals and tourists, mainly some form of Bullet Club one or Kenny Omega. To be fair, that might just be because I recognise them.

Now I gotta go sleep though, it's midnight here and getting up early to go on the Bullet Train.

Korakuen Hall is the big brown building nearby next to the TGI Friday's. You can't miss it!

somedevil

That is true. Sarah Stock does have a lucha background. The question is there a women on the Indie's that is flyer like Neville?

Top Bottom