• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

skybald

All New Guardians of the Galaxy
Astonishing X-Men
Cable
Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman
X-Men Blue

Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye

Curse Words TPB
Extremity
Kill the Minotaur
Plastic
Redneck
Walking Dead
Winnebago Graveyard

Alien: Dead Orbit
BRPD The Devil You Know

Judge Dredd: Blessed Earth

Babyteeth
Unholy Grave

Doc Savage Ring of Fire
Z Nation

I don't see too much to add to my pull list this month. Notable additions are Curse Words. I will be picking up the tpb which releases the same month as the new story arc starts. Unholy Grave looks awesome. A hopefully cool storyline with amazing art. I have never read any B.R.P.D. so I have this is a good jumping off point.

Some series are ending soon. I don't know if I am going to replace them, or leaves those spots empty for fear of an empty wallet. Z Nation ends soon. Issue 3 was finally worth reading. A little quirkiness like that which is found in the TV show. Doc Savage: Ring of Fire has been an all around fun book. Very classic look to it and have the fun story to keep you in.Alien: Dead Orbit was supposed to end soon but I think it is being delayed? I hope the writer has a thing or two up their sleeve because so far it has been trope-y. The art is AMAZING though.

Extremity better never fucking end. Cable will be the first book I drop ever. There is no reason to read this, unless there is some back story I am not catching on to.
Plastic has been a weird ride. I hope it ends with a bang.

So that leaves about 5 spots opening up in the next couple of months. I do have Doom Patrol #8 on order, just need to get the trades to catch up. I might be breaking into Squirrel Girl as well. If there is one more DC book I could add, I would think about it but so many of their books are so far into their stories. I have 2 Flash tpbs, 2 Superman tpbs, and 1 Batman tpb to catch up on.

I love this new hobby.

tim1138

Astonishing X-Men
Cable
X-Men Blue

Curse Words TPB
Extremity
Kill the Minotaur
Plastic
Redneck
Walking Dead
Winnebago Graveyard

BRPD The Devil You Know

Babyteeth
Unholy Grave

Doc Savage Ring of Fire
Z Nation

I don't see too much to add to my pull list this month. Notable additions are Curse Words. I will be picking up the tpb which releases the same month as the new story arc starts. Unholy Grave looks awesome. A hopefully cool storyline with amazing art. I have never read any B.R.P.D. so I have this is a good jumping off point.

Some series are ending soon. I don't know if I am going to replace them, or leaves those spots empty for fear of an empty wallet. Z Nation ends soon. Issue 3 was finally worth reading. A little quirkiness like that which is found in the TV show. Doc Savage: Ring of Fire has been an all around fun book. Very classic look to it and have the fun story to keep you in.Alien: Dead Orbit was supposed to end soon but I think it is being delayed? I hope the writer has a thing or two up their sleeve because so far it has been trope-y. The art is AMAZING though.

Extremity better never fucking end. Cable will be the first book I drop ever. There is no reason to read this, unless there is some back story I am not catching on to.

So that leaves about 5 spots opening up in the next couple of months. I do have Doom Patrol #8 on order, just need to get the trades to catch up. I might be breaking into Squirrel Girl as well. If there is one more DC book I could add, I would think about it but so many of their books are so far into their stories. I have 2 Flash tpbs, 2 Superman tpbs, and 1 Batman tpb to catch up on.

I love this new hobby.

I recommend Doom Patrol, Shade the Changing Girl, Squirrel Girl, Green Lanterns, and Super Sons.

I wonder how long until a Young Animal sale. I really want to check out Shade myself, but not even the #1 has dropped in price.

Astonishing X-Men
Cable
X-Men Blue

Curse Words TPB
Extremity
Kill the Minotaur
Plastic
Redneck
Walking Dead
Winnebago Graveyard

BRPD The Devil You Know

Babyteeth
Unholy Grave

Doc Savage Ring of Fire
Z Nation

I love this new hobby.
I saw Astonishing X-Men and I got really excited. Then I actually read your post and was therefore bummed.

Dusknoir

Reading Suicide Squad #20 made me realize I may have made mistake not even trying this book at #1. The art is incredible, the main reason I got the book but the story was really enjoyable. So enjoyable that I'll now get this now that Rucka's Wonder Woman is done(which ended beautifully).
Aquaman is also a pull because of the new art by Sejic but also because the start of this arc was pretty good. Glad this series is a monthly now.
Street Fighter Vs Darkstalkers #3 was really fun.
Victor vs SF5 Nash. Morrigan and Necalli fighting each other for whoever gets to eat their opponent's soul. Lord Raptor turns Ken into Violent Ken and fights his allies. Then at the end Gill fuses with some unholy blood to become The Fetus of God(Best Stage in DS.)
You guys should check this series out when it's collected.

Bii

I just out out Anime Expo is in LA right now while I'm here.

I told you this the other day!

AX seems super sloppily run but it's kinda fun, I might go on Sunday

I've always wanted to go to Anime Expo but it always 2-3 weeks right before SDCC. My little brother's there now so he better get me something because I always bring him back a little gift from SDCC. Speaking of, I've been mapping out the exclusives I want to get. Guess I'll have to get that silver foil edition of Dark Days: The Forge #1 since that issue is sold out at every LCS near me.

At present time I'm around 1400 issues into the order, with issues from anywhere between 1969 and 1972 appearing depending on the comic line. The order appears to have gained a little bit of a bloc rhythm. Previously it was an issue of this, an issue of that, maybe a few issue of this one, now it's several issues of Thor, then Fantastic Four, then Hulk, etc. allowing for stories to build up and link together.
I like it, although it does sting when there's a back-to-back run of something like Daredevil (which is still stinking).

I think because it's been 400 issues since the last time I did a thought dump on the run, I'll break my post up in to several smaller ones. That way I won't be text critting the thread, and it gives me a chance to breath!

I've also noticed that as soon as the 70s kicked in Marvel attempted a little more social commentary on the racial situation in America, as well as drug use. After reading some really clean, family issues throughout the 60s it was a bit of a surprise to see Marvel tackle these issues.
Ah Silver Age Marvel. Truly a blessing

Yay new OP! Great work, guys! The Kim and Kim write up is from Motor Girl tho, eh? And I'm puzzled by the Slam solicit.

So many good books coming! New Kot book! Casey Soloman drawn by Steve Lieberman! And I thought I was out on Batwoman, but I'm gonna need to read this back story issue. Zodiac Starforce caught my girl's eye. Is it any good?

Jean Grey #3 was great. This book is great. Weapon X on the other hand is not great. It took them four issues to get powers wrong. Sabretooth doesn't have adamantium, Pak. So either you've never read an X book or this is a major print error.

Messi

Yay new OP! Great work, guys! The Kim and Kim write up is from Motor Girl tho, eh? And I'm puzzled by the Slam solicit.

So many good books coming! New Kot book! Casey Soloman drawn by Steve Lieberman! And I thought I was out on Batwoman, but I'm gonna need to read this back story issue. Zodiac Starforce caught my girl's eye. Is it any good?

Tired Messi is tired

So Lemire's run on Old Man Logan comes to a beautiful, heartbreaking close. And Brisson's run begins with...well it's interesting. That I'll say for sure. Very interesting. Doesn't make sense, but it's interesting.

All-New Wolverine #21
Wait wait wait...
wasn't the Triskelion destroyed in Civil War 2? AND WHEN DID DAKEN LOSE A FUCKING ARM? Or become a good guy? Like, this is a good issue, but I can't get over Daken being here. Also, shouldn't Deadpool be able to take on way more of the virus than Old Man and Laura?

shingi70

Banned
I find it amazing that nearly every other Image creator is going in on that shitty cover in one way or another.

NdNGbXC.gif

Donnie have you read Black Hammer? Seems like something you'd like.

I have, I've read the first volume, I thought it was wonderful! A really clever fusion of homage to classic archetypes subverted with modern day issues. Really compelling! And as always, Lemire keeps that (dysfunctional) family core that's really touching. I can't decide if I like Black Hammer or Descender more <3

I was talking about The Living Weapon.
EDIT: I see what you were talking about.

:p

VanWinkle

Reading these two currently.

GJbUjb.jpg

I read the first Squirrel Girl issue a long time ago and wasn't really feeling it, but I loved it this time. Guess I wasn't in the right mood or something last time. Enjoying both of these a lot, though I'm still really early in to each.

I have, I've read the first volume, I thought it was wonderful! A really clever fusion of homage to classic archetypes subverted with modern day issues. Really compelling! And as always, Lemire keeps that (dysfunctional) family core that's really touching. I can't decide if I like Black Hammer or Descender more <3

:p

I'm enjoying Black Hammer much more than Royal City. Royal City drips with sadness. Needs a hope infusion stat.

Andrew Dabb is the Mike Carey of Supernatural showrunners.
Wasnt this when he came back as a Horsemann of Apocalypse?
Nah because Laura wasn't around for that. He specifically addresses her. At the end of Uncanny Avengers, Daken and Grim Reaper walk away (with a body, but I can't recall who). Daken showed up here, minus Apocalypse powers. So what happened between then and now to change that?

Andrew Dabb is the Mike Carey of Supernatural showrunners.

Nah because Laura wasn't around for that. He specifically addresses her. At the end of Uncanny Avengers, Daken and Grim Reaper walk away (with a body, but I can't recall who). Daken showed up here, minus Apocalypse powers. So what happened between then and now to change that?
I think he was in the Wolverines book. Don't think he got his arm and healing factor back there though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
11 Issues until 800 then. I have the feeling that this may be the hopping off point for Slott.

At least they dont include Renew Your Vowes, like people on Reddit expected.

Top Bottom