• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Sandfox

Fan:
Love the cover to Invincible Iron Man for Legacy! But I couldn't help notice there aren't 2 IM-titles anymore, which makes me kind of sad, I loved Riri and Victor having their own titles. Also, I really miss Tony. Does everyone have to share one title from now on? Thanks for writing awesome comics

Bendis:
the stories converge as was always planned, and I believe I said so a year or so ago but I get it, change is scary and weird. we’re trying something here this book has never tried, we’ll see if we stick the landing. I think we will.
So I guess Invincible Iron Man will be about both Doom and Riri for the time being.

Aizo

Banned
Is anybody in here actually reading Hysteria? It looks awful. I'm shocked that the issue had to get a reprint. Who is buying this?

Messi

Is anybody in here actually reading Hysteria? It looks awful. I'm shocked that the issue had to get a reprint. Who is buying this?

People bought it when the controversy happened. Speculators buy it because the value go up once a fever pitch happened.

Almost like it was done on purpose. Almost.

I read the first issue out of curiosity. It was... something. There was an uproar about the first issue as well due to a scene with violence against a transgender character.

Pachimari

Is the "renew your vows" event included in the Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-2009) series?

I'm 6 issues in and it's pretty good. Surprised at how the start have been altered, and I'm even more surprised at how Miles Morales' sort starts with the exact same speech by Norman Osborn. How come Norman delivers the same speech to his employee 9 years after the first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man. Also, Miles can make himself invincible? That seems like such an overpowered thing to be able to do.

And talking about Peter Parker's Spider-Man, him and his first encounter with the Green Goblim was frightening. I don't like the redesign they've done on him, as he is this huge muscular monster. Anyway, can't wait to see more of the classic villains, and hopefully new villains I didn't know about before.

Also, Ganke is pretty cool.

Sandfox

Is the "renew your vows" event included in the Ultimate Spider-Man (2000-2009) series?

I'm 6 issues in and it's pretty good. Surprised at how the start have been altered, and I'm even more surprised at how Miles Morales' sort starts with the exact same speech by Norman Osborn. How come Norman delivers the same speech to his employee 9 years after the first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man. Also, Miles can make himself invincible? That seems like such an overpowered thing to be able to do.

And talking about Peter Parker's Spider-Man, him and his first encounter with the Green Goblim was frightening. I don't like the redesign they've done on him, as he is this huge muscular monster. Anyway, can't wait to see more of the classic villains, and hopefully new villains I didn't know about before.

Also, Ganke is pretty cool.
Renew Your Vows is something completely different.

Pachimari

Hmm, what I am reading now (the Ultimate series) isn't part of the main marvel universe? So it's just a what-if story? Or alternative story so to speak?

Sandfox

Hmm, what I am reading now (the Ultimate series) isn't part of the main marvel universe? So it's just a what-if story? Or alternative story so to speak?

Ultimate Spider-Man takes place in a separate universe. it's not a what if story, but those aren't the versions of the characters you see in the main line of books.

As far as I'm aware, Ultimate Spiderman (Morales) is now a part of the main universe. Hurray for popularity! He's in CW2 and the Secret Empire event too so definitely not an alternative story.

Pachimari

Ultimate Spider-Man takes place in a separate universe. it's not a what if story, but those aren't the versions of the characters you see in the main line of books.

As far as I'm aware, Ultimate Spiderman (Morales) is now a part of the main universe. Hurray for popularity! He's in CW2 and the Secret Empire event too so definitely not an alternative story.
So let's say I am reading Ultimate Spider-Man and All New Spider-Man and Peter Parker
gets shot and does
but Miles Morales takes up the mantle and is now part of the main universe. He shows up in Civil War 2 but Peter Parker's Spider-Man is also part of Civil War 2 isn't he? So how does this work in terms of continuity?

Messi

Secret Wars caused the end of the ultimate universe. Miles was one of the few things merged into the regular universe as he is awesome.

Miles is hilariously OP.

Sandfox

So let's say I am reading Ultimate Spider-Man and All New Spider-Man and Peter Parker
gets shot and does
but Miles Morales takes up the mantle and is now part of the main universe. He shows up in Civil War 2 but Peter Parker's Spider-Man is also part of Civil War 2 isn't he? So how does this work in terms of continuity?

In 2015 Miles was brought over the main universe and has a book called "Spider-Man". All of the Ultimate Spider-Man books take place in the Ultimate universe.

Pachimari

In 2015 Miles was brought over the main universe and has a book called "Spider-Man". All of the Ultimate Spider-Man books take place in the Ultimate universe.

I know this. But is Peter Parker in Civil War 2 or any later event? How does that explain him being
murdered
in the Ultimate universe? Peter Parker in the Ultimate universe and in the main universe isn't the same? So there's clones running around out their in these universes?

I'm not so used to comics and how they work, and I'm just trying to figure my head around it heh.

Sandfox

I know this. But is Peter Parker in Civil War 2 or any later event? How does that explain him being
murdered
in the Ultimate universe? Peter Parker in the Ultimate universe and in the main universe isn't the same? So there's clones running around out their in these universes?

I'm not so used to comics and how they work, and I'm just trying to figure my head around it heh.

Peter from the main universe is a separate character from the one in the Ultimate universe. Anything that happens to Ultimate Peter has no effect on regular Peter. Just look at them as different people who are extremely similar.

Secret Wars caused the end of the ultimate universe. Miles was one of the few things merged into the regular universe as he is awesome.

Miles is hilariously OP.

Initially, the point of the Ultimate Universe was for it to be a blank slate to draw in new readers, since it wouldn't require them to study up on chronology before jumping in.

Aizo

Banned
Initially, the point of the Ultimate Universe was for it to be a blank slate to draw in new readers, since it wouldn't require them to study up on chronology before jumping in.
And now it's just way worse for people who want to read Spiderman starting today because of it.

Aizo

Banned
What do people love so much about Planetary? My comic partner just read volume one and said it was not that great.

shingi70

Banned
And now it's just way worse for people who want to read Spiderman starting today because of it.

The ultimate universe got pretty bad with this pretty early in its run, all of the good things about the universe were grafted onto the 616 around the same time as Civil War.

VanWinkle

What do people love so much about Planetary? My comic partner just read volume one and said it was not that great.

Judging it after a part of it just doesn't work with Planetary. It's meant to be read as one story. It's not really told in "arcs". This is why I think the omnibus is the best way to read it.

I love the story told, the pacing, the varied and unique "one-shots" the tie into the overarching story in one way or another, the no-nonsense attitude of the main characters, the crazy concepts, etc. Plus, the art is simply incredible and it has tons of lovely homages to popular entertainment.

Aizo

Banned
I just read Redneck 1 and 2. I enjoyed it, but what is it that people love so much about it? I look forward to reading more, but I must say that I do not like how the faces look. Does that bother anyone else? It doesn't seem like particularly good art in many of the frames when faces are shown clearly.
Judging it after a part of it just doesn't work with Planetary. It's meant to be read as one story. It's not really told in "arcs". This is why I think the omnibus is the best way to read it.

I love the story told, the pacing, the varied and unique "one-shots" the tie into the overarching story in one way or another, the no-nonsense attitude of the main characters, the crazy concepts, etc. Plus, the art is simply incredible and it has tons of lovely homages to popular entertainment.
I'll let him know. Thanks. I look forward to reading it, but I'll likely wait till we own more.

Marvel has never really been masters of forethought. But hey, they tried something new and it didn't pan out.

It's a slow build. Trust me, it gets there.

Aizo

Banned
Just read Southern Cross vol 1 (even though I should be packing boxes right now!!!) and liked it. I don't know if I'm interested enough to continue it, though. It's definitely not bad, but it didn't grab me.

Pachimari

Peter from the main universe is a separate character from the one in the Ultimate universe. Anything that happens to Ultimate Peter has no effect on regular Peter. Just look at them as different people who are extremely similar.

Does Miles have a reaction to Peter being alive all of a sudden now that he has been used to him being dead?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does Miles have a reaction to Peter being alive all of a sudden now that he has been used to him being dead?

No, since due Secret Wars, he was always in the Main Universe.
Also, he meet the adult Peter way before in his own universe.
Its better you read it all by yourself, its a better understandable then.

Sandfox

They met prior to Miles coming to regular universe in a miniseries called "Spider-Men". A sequel is starting up in two weeks that will further explore the subject.

No, since due Secret Wars,he was always in the Main Universe.
Also, he meet the adult Peter way before in his own universe.
Its better you read it all by yourself, its a better understandable then.
Bendis said this isn't the case.

Pachimari

I see. I think it will make more sense when I read through it all.

Another quick question is, does he never paint on the lines on his Spider-Man suit? Or will it be all red and blue without any web lines in the whole series? I'm not used to seeing his suit being this bland.

Miles is hilariously OP.

Got a problem?

VENOM BLAST!
2227033-miles_morales_omega_red_venom_blast_punch_ultimate_spider_man_7.jpg

Top Bottom