• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chronic Disease-Gaf! Ok, the title needs work.

Goofalo

Hello! Do any other folks have chronic diseases, like cancer, colitis, PSC, emphysema, or conditions which require lots of medical treatments, procedures, scans, etc?

I know those can take an awful toll, and sometimes, regular support groups aren't for everyone. Thought I would make a community where we can share/support or bitch about treatment.

Background, I have cancer. Have had major surgery to treat it, and had 2 STEMIs as a result of treatment.

Shallow goals, I want to live long enough to be able to enjoy to see Star Wars IX and the MCU movies, but the numbers aren't on my side. I've given up on using video games as an aspirational goal. Not because I'm that down on my health, I'm just down on development promises.

Goofalo

Type 1 Diabetic and Celiac Disease here. Life sure is great.

Does the gluten free trend annoy you, as far as people not understanding you have an actual diagnosis? Or does it make things easier as far as purchasing items and ordering food?

Goofalo

I met someone at the cancer clinic today with cancer of the anal margin. It's like skin cancer. But like, a million times more awkward.

Top Bottom