• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
ok guys Im finishing up the chimera ant arc and I need some answers...things got really weird starting around when they stormed the palace.

First of all, what does the rest of the world think happened in this territory, whats the story theyre saying and what the refugees think?

Also, why did Netero have to even do all that if what ended it is what it was ? Kinda confused

Well it relates to the themes of the Chimera Ant arc in general which were that of gaining or losing humanity. The Chimera Ant's are for the enemy, the threat but several of them grow as characters in an incredibly short amount of time, some mature and some don't, others realize what they're doing conflicts with their more human feelings and thoughts, some revel in it and one even learns to fall in love and care about someone more than himself.

Whereas the human's in this arc often go to the limits of their abilities and do what are horrible things. Gon absolutely loses himself in his despair and anguish over not only failing Kite but then being unable to heal him back to normal. He quite literally turns into a monster in a suicide pact to sacrifice everything he has to just kill Pitou, he killed himself by Nen. Netero is much the same. Meruem wanted several times to try and talk it out and was even willing to learn as he became more connected to Komugi and thus his own human side.

Netero wasn't having any of it and as well was also a part of the Dragon Dive that destroyed much of the palace and surrounding area and killed who know's how many random people. Netero even has a moment where he ponders if he should possibly take the higher road and try and reason with the CA but he quickly quashes that line of thought. Its both its too late and I think Netero realizes that like the Native American tribes and the Europeans, only one side was going to last no matter what. So he made the decision to end the King no matter what, the fight was just his pride and want to test his own abilities at his old age, the Rose was to actually seal the deal.

Kyzer

Banned
Well it relates to the themes of the Chimera Ant arc in general which were that of gaining or losing humanity. The Chimera Ant's are for the enemy, the threat but several of them grow as characters in an incredibly short amount of time, some mature and some don't, others realize what they're doing conflicts with their more human feelings and thoughts, some revel in it and one even learns to fall in love and care about someone more than himself.

Whereas the human's in this arc often go to the limits of their abilities and do what are horrible things. Gon absolutely loses himself in his despair and anguish over not only failing Kite but then being unable to heal him back to normal. He quite literally turns into a monster in a suicide pact to sacrifice everything he has to just kill Pitou, he killed himself by Nen. Netero is much the same. Meruem wanted several times to try and talk it out and was even willing to learn as he became more connected to Komugi and thus his own human side.

Netero wasn't having any of it and as well was also a part of the Dragon Dive that destroyed much of the palace and surrounding area and killed who know's how many random people. Netero even has a moment where he ponders if he should possibly take the higher road and try and reason with the CA but he quickly quashes that line of thought. Its both its too late and I think Netero realizes that like the Native American tribes and the Europeans, only one side was going to last no matter what. So he made the decision to end the King no matter what, the fight was just his pride and want to test his own abilities at his old age, the Rose was to actually seal the deal.

ok but couldnt they just have poisoned Meruem with chemical weapons or something, or based the mission around detonating the rose on the king without it being something that he activates by stopping his own heart? Also, for the fight with the Royal Guard if they had not just brought an extremely small handful of Hunters it wouldn't have been so close, I mean they knew they were dealing with creatures much stronger than themselves

Also, what does the rest of the world and even the survivors from East Gorteau think happened during all this?

I think they already mentioned why they only brought a small team. They already knew the ants eat humans and either bear a stronger Ant version, or pretty much just consume them for more power (specifically Meruem). They can't send all their best hunters because there are high ranking ants who got out of NGL.

They just sent an elite team to deal with it and Gon + Killua were just lucky they got to tag along.

Kinda crazy how the CA arc involved Gon and Killua's first actual mission as Hunters. That's a bit over 5 years into the manga's publication

Well, I put it off long enough but I finally binged the last 2/3rd of this show. I have some seriously mixed feelings about the Chimera Ant arc overall, but holy hell, the climax really is one of the greatest pieces of shounen anime I've ever seen.

Guess now I need to decide if I should pick up the manga from where this left off or if I should start from the beginning...I'll probably take a break for a while if I go for the latter so I can enjoy retreading the anime arcs.

scarlet

Decided to give it a go. I read the manga until the chimera act. But I stop, cuz I didn't enjoyed the arc. But I have nothing to do and need something to watch.

Is the dub already finished? Will there be a Blu-Ray release? Does Crunchyroll offer dubs, and do they have region locking issues like how Netflix doesn't have every show available in every region?

Is the dub already finished? Will there be a Blu-Ray release? Does Crunchyroll offer dubs, and do they have region locking issues like how Netflix doesn't have every show available in every region?
The Dub is currently at almost end of Greed Island, blu ray I think...hasn't even got to Yorknew yet.

Moaradin

Dub is up to episode 70 and airs on Toonami. The Blu-Ray release is quite a bit behind, but it might catch up if they continue to do 24 episode sets.

End of Greed Island wow that is a long ways off. I assume they release weekly, so they won't be done til maybe very early 2019?

Kinda reminds me of the torture while the Japanese version was still being aired. :(

End of Greed Island wow that is a long ways off. I assume they release weekly, so they won't be done til maybe very early 2019?

Kinda reminds me of the torture while the Japanese version was still being aired. :(
Yeah it's airing on Toonami on Saturdays. It's been on there for a bit and I actually started on the dub, which is pretty damn good. Then I just outwatched the dub and watched it in Japanese. I can't wait for Chimera Ant dubbed and then read a bunch of comments about how poorly it's paced.

HStallion

I'm more curious to see how the English dub voice actors handle the Chimera Ant arc, especially Gon and the narrator for different reasons.

I'm more curious to see how the English dub voice actors handle the Chimera Ant arc, especially Gon and the narrator for different reasons.
You are not the only one. The Pitou scenes are very chilling and I hope Erica Mendez can be that dark, rage filled and despondent. Narrator is important just because omnipresent. The Japanese narrator was great.

Daingurse

Yeah, it will be a true test for those voice-actors. Gon's seiyu in episode 116 turned in one of the best vocal performances that I have ever heard in the medium. So they got very big shoes to fill!

HStallion

I'm also curious how certain lines will be translated for the dub especially ones like,"I don't care if this is the end" as Gon gives in to his despair and begins his transformation.

I'm also curious how certain lines will be translated for the dub especially ones like,"I don't care if this is the end" as Gon gives in to his despair and begins his transformation.
What I'm really curious about is how they're going to translate Feitan doing Pain Packer since he's not a native English user. He's speaking like backwards Japanese in the sub or something.
Erica Mendez is extremely talented and has a lot of range, so I'm not too worried.
I am. Gon's "It's crap" rant is chilling.

Top Bottom