• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

shiba5

I've gotten one person fired before but I felt horrible about it :/

Felt good.
I wasn't the only one he'd been harassing, and management was protecting him and called it a witch hunt.
When I told them to get ready to write me a big check, upper management found out and fired them all.
It was honestly an awesome place to work after the purge.

BTW, I had 8 pages of documented incidents with this guy. Document document document.
Oh and the "best" part of the Christmas photo desktop wallpaper - he'd Photoshopped my husband out. /sofuckingcreepy

Leeness

Felt good.
I wasn't the only one he'd been harassing, and management was protecting him and called it a witch hunt.
When I told them to get ready to write me a big check, upper management found out and fired them all.

BTW, I had 8 pages of documented incidents with this guy. Document document document.

That's definitely a feel-good-firing lol. Congrats 👏👏

Kimaka

I felt the same way. We are really conditioned to "be nice" because it's all "in good fun" - like the one guy who said things were better in the 90's because people didn't care about it. We cared, but we were ignored if we said anything.
I was actually told by an HR person that I had to "be nice" to a coworker who had a photo of me from the Christmas party AS HIS DESKTOP WALLPAPER. I told her to go fuck herself and threatened to sue them into oblivion. I'm not so nice anymore.

Holy shit that is creepy.

He got fired along with the HR person and several other managers who were protecting him. It was a bloodbath.

Holy shit that is awesome. Good on you.

shiba5

That's definitely a feel-good-firing lol. Congrats 👏👏

I've never been so enraged in my life. Apparently people could hear me yelling at the HR person all the way down the hall even though we were in a closed conference room. So far, that's the first and only time I've ever flipped out on someone.

shiba5

YOU'RE A HERO, SHIBA5

Thanks, but I'm just a person who got pushed too far. It just built up after years of dealing with this crap in the IT world, and that HR person managed to poke a hole in the dam.

"Women can't work on computers."
"You just got the job because you're pretty."
"Who did you sleep with?" (That guy got reassigned to bumfuck Georgia so haha)

Yeah.

Felt good.

Oh and the "best" part of the Christmas photo desktop wallpaper - he'd Photoshopped my husband out. /sofuckingcreepy
What the fuuuuuuck @ all that

How did you even stay there that long

shiba5

What the fuuuuuuck @ all that

How did you even stay there that long

Those comments were actually from a different IT job. 99% of the people I worked with over the years were awesome, but there was always that one chucklefuck who just had to let me know how he felt.
Tech has been very good to me, but it wasn't always pleasant.

Oh, and the "Who did you sleep with?" guy was having an affair with one of the admins and everyone knew it - and then his wife found out.
Projection.

gaiages

Banned
I've never had to deal with people hitting on me or having to deal with harassment in the workplace.

I guess weirdos like that either think I'm too hard or a target or not a worthwhile one, lol >.>

On the Internet is another story though lolol

Pau

I felt the same way. We are really conditioned to "be nice" because it's all "in good fun" - like the one guy who said things were better in the 90's because people didn't care about it. We cared, but we were ignored if we said anything.
I was actually told by an HR person that I had to "be nice" to a coworker who had a photo of me from the Christmas party AS HIS DESKTOP WALLPAPER. I told her to go fuck herself and threatened to sue them into oblivion. I'm not so nice anymore.
You are my hero. <3

You are a hero Shiba! It's that kind of thing that really makes me hesitate to get into things I'm interested in. I would love to start trying my hand at small games, I'm really passionate about the idea that game writing can be better, and can be for everyone, but it's pretty terrifying. I know what this community is like too well to give any benefit of doubt.

Even within the micro communities of female and/or queer indie games, there are other issues.

Media

Husband drug me back to JCPenney and told me to get whatever I wanted. Spent 100 dollars. Saved 1500. o_O I've never had so many nice clothes in my life.

Including five really nice bras for 3 dollars each when they are usually 60. I've never had an expensive bra before either.

Tomita

Media, your dog is just so precious looking. <3_<3 omg

Also damn, if I had more expendable funds I'd be heading to a JCPenney right now. I actually kind of like their clothes so it's sad they're going out of biz. :/ I have a hard time doing online shopping. I need to try the clothes on before I buy
so I know whether or not I look fat in them sob.

gaiages

Banned
Yeah they are closing a bunch of stores. Find one that is, they are doing 95% off everything.

Ah damn, the closest one closing down is about two hours away. My SO is on call the next two weeks so we can't make a day trip of it... though to be honest even with the mega deals I'd probably be hardpressed to go.

Media

Ah damn, the closest one closing down is about two hours away. My SO is on call the next two weeks so we can't make a day trip of it... though to be honest even with the mega deals I'd probably be hardpressed to go.

Yeah I hate shopping, especially spending money on myself. Everytime I picked up something I'd have a moment of cringe. But husband insisted I needed some clothes that weren't five years old lol.

I'm a weird woman. Shopping sucks to me, I usually just do it as fast as possible. Husband is the one that loves to shop around and look for deals and buy shit we don't need.

Yeah I hate shopping, especially spending money on myself. Everytime I picked up something I'd have a moment of cringe. But husband insisted I needed some clothes that weren't five years old lol.

I'm a weird woman. Shopping sucks to me, I usually just do it as fast as possible. Husband is the one that loves to shop around and look for deals and buy shit we don't need.

UGH my husband too. He says he hates shopping but it's such a trial when he needs something. He needed new dress shoes and we had to go to e i g h t stores because he was so picky.

gaiages

Banned

Me too omg. Not to mention that I keep telling myself I don't need new clothes until I lose weight, but then... like, never lose the weight lolol.

My SO doesn't buy a lot of clothes but when he does omfg it's a slog. Just have to go to every godfosaken store in the mall to find stuff to fit him =_=

Media

UGH my husband too. He says he hates shopping but it's such a trial when he needs something. He needed new dress shoes and we had to go to e i g h t stores because he was so picky.

Me too omg. Not to mention that I keep telling myself I don't need new clothes until I lose weight, but then... like, never lose the weight lolol.

My SO doesn't buy a lot of clothes but when he does omfg it's a slog. Just have to go to every godfosaken store in the mall to find stuff to fit him =_=

I am so glad I am not the only one, sometimes I feel so freaking weird.

A trip for the weekly shopping if I am by myself takes about an hour in Walmart.

If he comes? We spend all day in town lol

Oh, fuck it, I will.

Were we going to use the guyposts in the title? LOL

eta: and since I've only had one ban I should be pretty safe. I'll work on it now. I need a break from studying anyway. Husband is out of town and I'm just working on my exams.

Media

Oh, fuck it, I will.

Were we going to use the guyposts in the title? LOL

eta: and since I've only had one ban I should be pretty safe. I'll work on it now. I need a break from studying anyway. Husband is out of town and I'm just working on my exams.

I didn't want to since I usually fuck up OTs lol.

And now I'm going to have to giggle Everytime the new thread gets bumped because OT3 means something kinky in the world of fandom lol.

No clue on the subtitle.

Maybe "Dating Thread is That Way"

Or "Shouting into the Void"

It's done and ready to be posted and tentatively titled "Stop moving the guyposts already!" with an explanation in the thread. Unless we want something different!

eta: I got rid of dead links, added some new ones, adjusted the rules to push people toward GAQ, etc.

It's done and ready to be posted and tentatively titled "Stop moving the guyposts already!" with an explanation in the thread. Unless we want something different!

eta: I got rid of dead links, added some new ones, adjusted the rules to push people toward GAQ, etc.

Gaiages gave us something cute a few pages back, " light the signal ladies, we got another live one!"

And yay kikimon making the new thread \o/

Gaiages gave us something cute a few pages back, " light the signal ladies, we got another live one!"

And yay kikimon making the new thread \o/

Do we want that or guyposts?

Y'ALL CHOOSE AND THE THREAD IS READY TO GO

I'M ANTSY OVER HERE

And if there's anything in particular you want me to add to the OP that isn't there besides GAQ and some other updates, let me know. I have the post code all saved and stuff.

Media

Maybe a combination: "Light the signal, they be moving guyposts."

Edit: Devo got tired of the constant BS and quit posting. Don't blame her. This place can raise a chicas blood pressure. Which sucks because it's still the safest gaming place for women lol

Top Bottom