• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

3N16MA

Banned
NL82p8v.png

X4I4xsT.png

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This looks so fucking absurd. I'm kinda tempted to watch the pilot just for shits and giggles, but damn it seems so over-the-top and reviews tell me I'm going to hate it. Like she's starting her first day at the FBI and going on meetings about potentially adopting a baby the very same day. That's just about the dumbest, most extreme way to show a character is trying to balance work and life. Just absurd.

"And I'm supposed to believe you?"

"Ahahahahaha, of course not, ahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm a criminal."

That scenery chewing performance and writing. So damn over the top.

Megan Boone was talking about how it's like The Silence of the Lambs but the creators are saying it's not.
The trailers give off that vibe but obviously Spader isn't a cannibal (or maybe he is but only a symbolic one -- i.e., a terrorist sociopath who "eats" other terrorist sociopaths by partnering with the FBI).

This show just looks... I dunno, hilariously corny? They call Spader the Consigliere of Crime for God's sake.

I dunno, could be fun. In it for Spader. It's gonna be ridiculous, I just know it.

Twist: Spader is the pretty fed's real dad! I'm calling it now.

T Dollarz

This show just looks... I dunno, hilariously corny? They call Spader the Consigliere of Crime for God's sake.

I dunno, could be fun. In it for Spader. It's gonna be ridiculous, I just know it.

100% certain this happens before the end of the series

ganon

My guess: I'm your mom/dad's best friend who died when we're doing a job because we were betrayed by someone on the blacklist!

3N16MA

Banned
I will wait a few episode to see how it's going before giving it a look. I expect the pilot will be entertaining but want to see how each episode plays out.

royalan

This show is fucking terrible. It's like they took a genuinely good idea and ran it through a Sears catalog. Actors, sets, locations, budgets, storylines, everything is so cheap.

NBC, if you want people to commit to your shows, YOU'VE got to commit to them.

aparisi2274

So far this show is really good!!

Lets hope it doesn't take a nosedive or a 4 month hiatus like NBC did with Revolution last year.

I want to know what the deal is with her husband... Reddington said something like "If you kill me, you'll never know the truth about your husband"

This show is bad. Stay home hubby makes me want to punch him. I was actually hoping he would die. Sappy, forced bs with the general's daughter.

James Spader, why?

ganon

Eh, I thought it's over the top, cheesy, and total disregard of realism. It gives the same vibe as The Following for me (which isn't good at all).

jrDev

Boom goes the dynamite! Love how they revealed the husbands secret so early...and LOL at "99 problems but a bitch ain't one"...

I'm satisfied, will watch next week. :)

royalan

The main character spent most of the episode wearing BOTH scar makeup and glamour makeup.

This show needs to COMMIT. The fact that this show is supposed to be hardcore but they're too afraid to let their characters appear ugly in a scene tells me all I need to know about this show. Typical NBC.

Top Bottom