• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Astral

I remember Izuru got his arm blown off and a hole blown through his chest a million chapters ago. We never saw him again.

I suspect most of the quincies are survivors of when Yhwach recalled his soul portions from mixed bloods, and decided to heal them, grant them a portion of his soul (again), and enlist them in his services. Though there was some hinting that there's actual senority among them so who knows, guess it depends on when and how he found some of these (getting random people around the world he thought were worthy? Doesn't seem like Kubo gives a damn about filling in that blank.)

And I don't really buy ANYONE being dead until the manga's over or at least their body's obliterated in a very undeniable way. Especially those captains who became "zombies", it seems that happened while alive and is a matter of contaminated blood, and we have a guy who can replace blood in the body anyway so that'd probably restore them instantly when the conflict's over, nevermind any number of other asspulls that can be performed.

I hate that. This whole arc feels so anticlimatic because that is exactly what will happen.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Honestly, this arc still has the chance to save itself with some crazy shit. It's not like Kubo is an inherently bad writer or incapable of creating good storylines.

I'm eagerly awaiting:

-Extra Ywhach backstory that shows exactly why Quincies aren't extinct, at the same time adding a new, more profound layer to his motivation

-More action from the captains, even those that are "dead" (Don't buy that for a second)

-Bankais that have yet to be revealed

-Ichigo not stealing the spotlight entirely and having help from others (Personal preference: Kyoraku, Ukitake)

-Conclusion to Aizen's story

Frog-fu

Banned
The final arc started out so damn good. Why did Kubo have to completely wreck the pace by giving everyone a fight that spans multiple chapters?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
No way, it's way too long for that shit. Besides, in terms of the animation quality, the Bleach anime was never slouched for the bigger fights/showdowns. The first fight between Grimmjow and Ichigo, which was relatively insignificant, was so incredibly animated. Unless they're about fundamentally changing the stories, there's no real point. HxH was well over 10 years old before they remade it anyway.

Even if its the same studio, the gap in consistency would be jarring though.

Takuan

I've been reading it for the art for as long as I can remember, but add me to the list of folks who wants to see Gin make a re-appearance at some point. Kubo did him dirty.

On a side note, I'd love to see a Bleach game in the vein of the Naruto Ultimate Storm series. The DS fighting games were alright for what they were, but a 3D action/fighting game on the level of the Ultimate Storm games would be fantastic...

Astral

Aizen needs to come back. Say what you want but he was a damn entertaining villain. The guy was so calm and smug about everything. Not to mention every single thing was all according to plan. I wouldn't be surprised if all the shit going on now is his plan B lol. Watching lose his cool the way he did just sucked.

I agree that this arc started out pretty good but it's been really boring lately. Kubo has too many characters no one cares to watch fight. I think it'll get hype as fuck once Grimmjow shows up again, maybe even Ginjo and Tsukishima.

What is Kubo even doing. There's no one left for the main characters to fight. Why does Hirako suck so badly? Will the senior captains even do anything? Royal guard are clearly jobbing.. But for who? Just ichigo and Byakuya?

Will the dads and senseis do anything? Utahans and Yoroichi are wasted.

On and on. Neat art though.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
The final arc started out so damn good. Why did Kubo have to completely wreck the pace by giving everyone a fight that spans multiple chapters?

Because even though Ichigo is arguably a good protagonist(I actually really like him and his constant quest for power at the expense of his soul even if it's told over and over again), the real spotlight has always been on the other characters. Mostly because all the character's look cool, and have stupid powers we don't know about yet. I AM WAITING FOR ONE OF THE ZERO SQUAD TO BANKAI! IT'S GOING TO BE SO RIDICULOUS WHEN THEY BANKAI!

Hystzen

So guess that means it was not grimmjow who turned up to kill Dirge it was yoruchi sister.

Plus I can hear fan artists already grabbing pencils to draw her and her sister together

Honestly, this arc still has the chance to save itself with some crazy shit. It's not like Kubo is an inherently bad writer or incapable of creating good storylines.
I truly believe that this mess can be cleaned up.

Just, trim the fat Kubo. Please.
So guess that means it was not grimmjow who turned up to kill Dirge it was yoruchi sister.

Plus I can hear fan artists already grabbing pencils to draw her and her sister together

159.gif

Grimmjow should have been dead. Him staying alive made Nnoitra a wimp and a weakling.

And as Byakuya769 said, who are they going to fight anymore? Everyone against Jacoboch, maybe aizen

Astral

But that doesn't explain the person with Urahara, Chad, and Orihime who yelled at Ichigo over the phone that one time. Ichigo recognized the voice and the person definitely sounded hostile. It was most likely Grimmjow.

Hystzen

Grimmjow should have been dead. Him staying alive made Nnoitra a wimp and a weakling.

And as Byakuya769 said, who are they going to fight anymore? Everyone against Jacoboch, maybe aizen

Nnoitra was always a wimp though that was point. He beat up a dying grimmjow and a drained Ichigo. A nowhere near powerful Nel fucked him up and a playing Kenpachi forced him to use rescurreccion. The whole point of His character was he was a wimp who nowhere good as he thought he was. Most his dialogue was him talking big and not backing it up.

Nnoitra was always a wimp though that was point. He beat up a dying grimmjow and a drained Ichigo. A nowhere near powerful Nel fucked him up and a playing Kenpachi forced him to use rescurreccion. The whole point of His character was he was a wimp who nowhere good as he thought he was. Most his dialogue was him talking big and not backing it up.

Hmmm, you have a point.

Are we sure it's yoruichi's sister? And not a slightly effeminate brother? I can't really tell.

I was thinking it was Soi-Fong with blackface and cosplaying as her sempai after losing a few brain cells during the battle. Until urahara said she's the sister.

Maddocks

Just like tite to introduce another new character that will be forgotten in 3 chapters then reappear in the final chapter.

i don't even get a sense of suspense anymore because i just know there's a major asspull coming every other chapter.

i'm expecting either another clone, or a "you thought you were applying your powers onto me, but in reality you were doing it to yourself"

i don't even get a sense of suspense anymore because i just know there's a major asspull coming every other chapter.

i'm expecting either another clone, or a "you thought you were applying your powers onto me, but in reality you were doing it to yourself"
Trump card, trap card, trump card, trap card... On and on.

Radec

The shitty thing about this is that everyone that fights Juha Bach will die since the final fight will be him against Ichigo.

Then this arc will end without famous captains or ex-captains not even showing their Bankai.

The shitty thing about this is that everyone that fights Juha Bach will die since the final fight will be him against Ichigo.

Then this arc will end without famous captains or ex-captains not even showing their Bankai.

Have hope that this will not be the case.

Old man Yama fight was far and away the best part of this arc, since he's gone I only have Aizen left for some good entertainment.

jstripes

Banned

I'm eagerly awaiting:

-Extra Ywhach backstory that shows exactly why Quincies aren't extinct, at the same time adding a new, more profound layer to his motivation

-More action from the captains, even those that are "dead" (Don't buy that for a second)

-Bankais that have yet to be revealed

-Ichigo not stealing the spotlight entirely and having help from others (Personal preference: Kyoraku, Ukitake)

-Conclusion to Aizen's story

Eugh. All these bankais make my eyes roll into the back of my head with how fucking intricate they are.

Jonnax

Yeah, I agree.

This fight is simply boring. We know the victor already, the squad zero guy is just there for Ichigo to be better than.
Maybe someone will say something cheesy like "HE DEFEATED THE HEAD OF SQUAD ZERO, WHAT KIND OF MONSTER IS HE?????"
I'm pissed off with the death of all those scrub quincies because it just makes months of the comic a pointless waste of time.

So, I stopped reading years ago when Ichigo defeated Aizen during the whole Espada ordeal, should I ever pick this manga back up?

honestly laughed my ass off at that question.

the answer is FUCK NO. Let those of us who have gone down this shitty rabbit hole pay for our arrogance.

LordCanti

It's incredible that we're being introduced to relatives of former major characters this late in the game. I don't know what possible purpose Yoruichi's brother is going to serve when Yoruichi has barely even been in the manga for years.

I hope that Aizen brings something interesting to the table.

90% of Bankai's sucked.

The concept peaked with Ichigo vs Byakuya. Just like the whole series really.

A lot of bankai's served as just another thing for the enemy to shrug off like it was nothing.

Hystzen

Eh I'm still hoping that the Soul King is real villain corrupting the world meaning that Aizen and Bach trying to stop him was a good thing.

come on y'all don't delude yourselves.

we all know the truth about the soul king

he's dead and reincarnated as Ichigo. Or ichigo is part Soul King. I don't give a fuck.

search your hearts, you know it to be true.

Viridian6

Given that this Squad 0 guy is evidently strong enough to hurt Yhwach, you would have thought Yhwach would bring some backup for this fight.

LordCanti

I can't wait for Squad Zero to get wiped out so we can move on. This shit is boring

Personally I'm hoping that the Soul King will absorb them like Yhwach does to Quincy so at least they'll have amounted to something more than being overhyped jobbers.

scarlet

I thought you can't touch YHWH, cuz if you touch him, he own you or something like that.

So basically,
Ichibei is dead

Top Bottom