• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

For the new page.
KLAB is adding Thousand Year Blood War characters to their mobile game BLEACH Brave Souls. Announced on their 2nd Anniversary livestream.

dSeI9zy.png

They also revealed some sketches for Can't Fear Your Own World Part 1 by Kubo.

if4I3FG.png

mSwTA3N.png

So I haven't been keeping up with the chapter serialization, so my first reaction to seeing Bambietta alive was ''wait what''.

Then I remembered ''oh right, zombie''.

Then I noticed that Rudobone is also in the picture and went back to ''wait what'' all over again lol

Narita is going to make this insane it seems. Jorge Joestar might no longer be an appropriate comparison lol

The addition of the manga exclusive charterers into the game makes me think there might be a new anime to coincide with the movie release next year. Or that they judged that there was no point in an anime to continue on promoting the game.

In either case, good news for BraveSouls fans.
Rudbornn was revealed to be alive in Narita's last Bleach novel Spirits Are Forever With You so I guess that can cause some confusion.

Arabesque

Rudbornn was revealed to be alive in Narita's last Bleach novel Spirits Are Forever With You so I guess that can cause some confusion.

Huh, guess Narita couldn't resist bringing him back sneakily at the time. But still, this is probably the first illustration of Rudbornn probably in close to a decade, I think? Last time was when Yammy took him out back in '08, I think?

I was honestly shocked that he would be back, but I guess that's Narita for you. Always with the hardon for minor and obscure characters.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Looking at those sketches makes me miss Kubo's art a lot, but it also reminds me how little he probably cares about Bleach at this point. I wonder what the next thing he works on is even going to look like? Is it going to be a carbon copy look to bleach or were the more weirder designs at the tail of the final arc him experimenting with new design concepts?

Arabesque

I hope he goes with the eccentric direction he seemed to have taken the series in certain parts design wise, though I wouldn't be expecting anything from him for a while until he is done resting.

As for him and Bleach, I do think he cares about the series still. It's hard to not feel attachment to a franchise that you worked on for a decade and a half. It's just that I don't think he has much more to give out right now for it, be it in ideas or in new content.

Darn already posted....

I like the new novel's reveals so far.

I'd say go directly to the translations though.

http://missstormcaller.tumblr.com/

Ginjou is almost certainly telling the truth considering Tsukishima's comments implying Ginjo told the story to the fullbringers before. Given Tsukishima actually cut Ginjo, he would know whether it was true or not. Therefore, it's almost certain that a shinigami did kill a group of fullbringers and Ginjou only killed after that. He wasn't mad about the badge per se. He was mad the thing was used to track humans with hollow powers to kill them. I would not be surprised if it was Squad 12 shenanigans.

Arabesque

Ginjou is almost certainly telling the truth considering Tsukishima's comments implying Ginjo told the story to the fullbringers before. Given Tsukishima actually cut Ginjo, he would know whether it was true or not. Therefore, it's almost certain that a shinigami did kill a group of fullbringers and Ginjou only killed after that. He wasn't mad about the badge per se. He was mad the thing was used to track humans with hollow powers to kill them. I would not be surprised if it was Squad 12 shenanigans.

I don't think we will ever truly learn what was Kubo's original intent with Ginjou's betrayal or who the original conspirator(s) were, but from the previews we got, it seems like Narita has co-opted that backstory as another one of Tokinada's schemes (and another reason why the current social and political situation in the Soul Society is fucked, given that a noble could just do what he did against one of the allies of the Gotei 13 without any repercussions). I don't think it's going to be Mayuri given that Kubo whitewashed him so throughly mentions of his genocide were covered up by his "passion for new discoveries", although given that Narita is dragging him into these events, maybe he will shed some more light on it (since Narita seems to somewhat care about Mayuri burning children and torturing the elderly).

I do like a lot of what the novel is showcasing, and looking forward for more on what Narita does once the second part is out. First part is out today, so we should be getting more spoilers soonish.

I don't think we will ever truly learn what was Kubo's original intent with Ginjou's betrayal or who the original conspirator(s) were.

Well, I'm inclined to say the reason for Ginjou's betrayal is probably one of the notes Kubo gave Narita. Ginjou blaming Ukitake would be logical from that given Ukitake was the one who gave him the badge. It'd also explain why Ginjou was so truly good while under Tsukishima's power. It didn't alter his personality. It took away an event that altered his base personality. Or rather, Tsukishima became the target of Ginjou's hatred.

Arabesque

Well, I'm inclined to say the reason for Ginjou's betrayal is probably one of the notes Kubo gave Narita. Ginjou blaming Ukitake would be logical from that given Ukitake was the one who gave him the badge. It'd also explain why Ginjou was so truly good while under Tsukishima's power. It didn't alter his personality. It took away an event that altered his base personality. Or rather, Tsukishima became the target of Ginjou's hatred.

To be sure, that is the perfectly logical explanation for Ginjou's background and behaviour during the Lost Agent Arc, and I don't doubt this is probably one of the few notes Kubo gave Narita regarding the backstory of the series. It's the missing gear on why Ginjou was so suspicious about Ukitake, why he didn't trust the Soul Society etc., so I do think it makes sense more or less (outside of a few areas where it needed to be touched on, but those are nit picks at this point).

But at the end of the day, this is Narita giving his twist on Kubo's idea, since Narita is the one writing the novel. Even if he is using information from Kubo, the manner that it is presented and the additional information given (in particular Tokinada's potentially involvement) is going to be influenced and decided by Narita now. That's what I mean that we would never know what Kubo originally intended for how Ginjou's past would be shown, since Kubo decided that he would not show it in the manga proper.

Of course, I do think the way Narita decided to display the information was pretty damn good. It not only explains the question marks that were left at the end of the Lost Agent Arc, but also provides a lot of great exposition and expansion on the side cast and one of the central villain's of the series, something that the main manga had all but abandoned by the final arc. An actual sit in where the characters talk about their past and bond with each other, while revealing important information and give some self reflection is pretty much an A+++ thing for me.

Arabesque

Ginjou never betrayed anyone.

What mugurumakensei and myself refer to by ''Ginjou's betrayal'' is the betrayal that happened to him when he was a substitute agent, not Ginjou doing any treachery himself.

Although the scheme he pulled in regards to stealing away Ichigo's Fullbring is probably the closest he came to betraying anyone in series.

Ginjou never betrayed anyone.

Correct. It'd more appropriate to say Ginjou killed a single Shinigami that murdered his friends and was framed for the deaths of the others.

As far as anybody below captain rank though, they probably don't know the full truth. In fact, no one other than the Shinigami who killed them knows the full truth. Ukitake would only know what his own intention was and likely had nothing to do with the assassination attempt other than giving away Ginjou's location accidentally due to the spying functionality.

Top Bottom