• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announces Rocket League Partnership

This was known but now they shared more details. Seems like Psyonix is gonna sponsor a BUNCH of WWE events, surprised there isn't WWE themed content for the game tho.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
yNQKwm.gif

bigkrev

They have been the sponsee shown on screen for Replays this last month on Smackdown, and are the main sponsee of Backlash this week.

Games sponsoring wrestling is nothing new, but it's always either a new release or an MMO, never something like RL. Crazy.

Yeah if this doesn't lead to some in-game WWE stuff I feel like that is a super wasted opportunity. Basically what I'm saying is give me an AJ Styles P1 flag Psyonix.

Cardon

The Triple H themed car will no doubt have sudden superior stats over all the other vehicles simply for...reasons.

cordy

Banned
And HHH will end up being behind it like he ended up being behind Rikishi who was behind running over Austin.

HHH is always the mastermind!

Yeah, it would be a real missed opportunity for there not to be any WWE stuff in Rocket League.

Even taking away the various unique vehicles that could be implemented, there's even simple stuff like flags for various superstars that they could do.

So, since this is the WWE after all, I fully expect it to lead to nothing beyond PPV sponsorships.

Hasney

Yeah, it would be a real missed opportunity for there not to be any WWE stuff in Rocket League.

Even taking away the various unique vehicles that could be implemented, there's even simple stuff like flags for various superstars that they could do.

So, since this is the WWE after all, I fully expect it to lead to nothing beyond PPV sponsorships.

You never know how locked down 2k have that contract for console/PC games. Since they're quite open to licensing things outon the mobile end, I wonder if they'll go that route when the contracts up. Or 2k pay enough to keep it exclusive.

jholmes

This was known but now they shared more details. Seems like Psyonix is gonna sponsor a BUNCH of WWE events, surprised there isn't WWE themed content for the game tho.

I read that presser twice because I was sure there was something about WWE stuff in Rocket League and I was just missing it. This promotion sounds kinda backwards that way.

Top Bottom