• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

Sorry if this was posted already, but this tells me that the writers have no idea who to put at the end of the bat besides the audience.

Edit - Link to tweet

https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/716823431531077632

oOHjILJ.png

Just showed my mum the Negan scene, she thought it was amazing till the ending. Even asked why it ended like that, wonder if the general public (IE not Gaf or comic readers) will wonder the same?

Same. I love Abe. Total badass.
Yea my wife is gonna watch it tonight. Will ask how she feels about it. Agreed on Abe will miss him if he's the one that got hit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm talking about a major character from the first two, maybe three, seasons. Like "Atlanta 5"/main character-tier.

Nah, she's definitely not a major character. I'd argue the last major one was Herschel.

If were talking Atlanta peeps, then most likely Lori or T-Dawg are the last ones. Did Andrea die after them? I don't remember if it was before or after.

I wouldn't even consider Tyreese a main character considering they destroyed his character in the show so I would agree that Herschel is probably the last main character that died.

Edit - I'm kind of thinking that its going to be Eugene. The send-off with Abe, and then he hands Rick the bullet making guide.

Paradicia

Who else genuinely thinks it's going to be Abraham? That scene with Eugene was the ultimate hint in foreshadowing. Once they hugged I knew one of them was going to die. As well that Abraham lifted his head up when Negan pointed Lucille at him as a sign of "I don't give a fuck".

Spizz

Banned
If were talking Atlanta peeps, then most likely Lori or T-Dawg are the last ones. Did Andrea die after them? I don't remember if it was before or after.

I wouldn't even consider Tyreese a main character considering they destroyed his character in the show so I would agree that Herschel is probably the last main character that died.
Yeah Andrea is the last of the Atlanta crew to die. She was S3 finale, Lori and T-Dog were early-mid S3.

Nafai1123

Banned
At this point they should just have a Twitter contest where fans vote on who should be the one to die. They already made it a fucking joke anyways...

At this point they should just have a Twitter contest where fans vote on who should be the one to die. They already made it a fucking joke anyways...

Oh, they're doing this. They just aren't going to tell anybody that they're doing it.

The fact that the cast still doesn't know who dies makes it explicitly obvious that this death will be crowdsourced and possibly based on contract negotiations.

Reading the comics again this really blows of six months of who got it they can choose easily from Abraham or Glenn too coincidental that both Sasha and Maggie are each side of him to beg Rick to help then one of them give Rick a nice punch to the mouth ? I know many are saying the six month break is going to lessen the severity of the scene but I just don't see it . If executed well it is going to be just crazy to watch it all play out

fauxtrot

Banned
I definitely think it'll decrease the tension, seeing that AMC is treating this more like a marketing game than something that should absolutely shake the group (and by extension, the audience) to its core. Casual viewers won't care quite as much, especially once Game of Thrones starts back up, as they would have if the episode would have ended with the full scene, Rick and Negan's parting interaction, maybe someone punching Rick after Negan and the Saviors leave, etc. Not only that, but most hard-core fans will be spoiled by the filming of Season 7 in May, and many casual fans will be spoiled as well thanks to articles written about it, Facebook posts, etc. The scene will not mean as much as soon as everyone who really cares about the show has known who dies for almost 5 months before the first episode of Season 7 airs... and if AMC keeps AMCing, we'll get a handful of episodes about Negan/Dwight's backstories before we end up back where this season left off.

I just hope we get the final bits of that scene in Season 7 and they don't just show who died, then cut to the intro credits, followed by another time-skip with Rick and Co back at Alexandria, however long after this, giving supplies to the Saviors. We'd at least get to see a fan cut of the full scene if we get a version of the events from the comic at some point next season. At this point, I don't even trust AMC to do that right, though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reading the comics again this really blows of six months of who got it they can choose easily from Abraham or Glenn too coincidental that both Sasha and Maggie are each side of him to beg Rick to help then one of them give Rick a nice punch to the mouth ? I know many are saying the six month break is going to lessen the severity of the scene but I just don't see it . If executed well it is going to be just crazy to watch it all play out

It won't be.

dustyherb

I definitely think it'll decrease the tension, seeing that AMC is treating this more like a marketing game than something that should absolutely shake the group (and by extension, the audience) to its core. Casual viewers won't care quite as much, especially once Game of Thrones starts back up, as they would have if the episode would have ended with the full scene, Rick and Negan's parting interaction, maybe someone punching Rick after Negan and the Saviors leave, etc. Not only that, but most hard-core fans will be spoiled by the filming of Season 7 in May, and many casual fans will be spoiled as well thanks to articles written about it, Facebook posts, etc. The scene will not mean as much as soon as everyone who really cares about the show has known who dies for almost 5 months before the first episode of Season 7 airs... and if AMC keeps AMCing, we'll get a handful of episodes about Negan/Dwight's backstories before we end up back where this season left off.

I just hope we get the final bits of that scene in Season 7 and they don't just show who died, then cut to the intro credits, followed by another time-skip with Rick and Co back at Alexandria, however long after this, giving supplies to the Saviors. We'd at least get to see a fan cut of the full scene if we get a version of the events from the comic at some point next season. At this point, I don't even trust AMC to do that right, though.
Some different quotes from Gimple in an article over at TSDF. Sounds to me like he intends to start the season off with the scene. We are probably going to see it play out exactly like the comics if Gimple gets his way.

-"In the next half season, the world is going to open up even more," Gimple said of what's ahead. "We are going to have a wide variety of locals and a wide variety of tone, of character. I'm very excited for all the different stories that are going to be told, and there will be a lot of different stories told. There's going to be probably the biggest variety in stories we've done yet. I can say without spoiling anything that things are going to start off very, very, very dark, because everybody knows where we're starting, but that won't be the whole season. It's not going to be darkness upon darkness upon darkness. I'm very excited for all the individual characters' journeys -- except for the way we start, which will be awful."

-Gimple elaborated, "In many ways, what we saw last night was the end of the story of episode 16, where Rick winds up is completely different from where he started in [episode 1] and in 9. I've known for a while what is in 701, and presenting what occurs, to show what happened in full force, is the beginning of the next story. To the showing, it's an incredible work of gore by Charlie Adlard in the book. How we show that on TV, I'm certain that we will be pushing some boundaries with it."

-Gimple has known for a while who he wanted to die at the end of this episode, but he wouldn't get more specific than that. He did say that every death this scene and moving forward is part of a bigger plan. "It's about those deaths meaning something to the story, to the other characters. I know that what's coming up is going to change everything with the story, whether it's fairly new or a fairly OG character. There is a long-running plan to this show," he said. "Characters will meet their end, but also some characters will not meet their end -- at least, for a while. There are no immortal characters, I don't mean to say that."

Vic_Viper

Hoping it's either Glenn or Daryl. Both of these actors really need to get off this stupid show so they can pick up some really big roles in actual film and get the recognition they deserve. Daryl especially, loved him in Boondock Saints but he never got another chance to do anything really great after.

wow andrew lincoln is such a great actor.

How Rick was shaking, the fear in his eyes, his expression - probably my favourite moment in the whole episode.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hoping it's either Glenn or Daryl. Both of these actors really need to get off this stupid show so they can pick up some really big roles in actual film and get the recognition they deserve. Daryl especially, loved him in Boondock Saints but he never got another chance to do anything really great after.

Darryl's actor is in an upcoming movie about bank robbers

fauxtrot

Banned
Reading all the damage control today is pretty hilarious. They know they Royaly fucked up

Any links?

God, could you imagine if we get another Tyreese situation where the actor gets announced for a new series before Season 7 starts? That'd be much bigger for the general public than just spy shots, etc.

wow andrew lincoln is such a great actor.

How Rick was shaking, the fear in his eyes, his expression - probably my favourite moment in the whole episode.

I thought he overdid it a bit.

They gave it away to get to that point though.
If Denise were alive their would be no need to drive to the hilltop.

Plus he practically did a kill me now speech with Sasha and a farewell speech with Eugene.

I'm betting on Abe.

A lot of them were setup to die.

Who else genuinely thinks it's going to be Abraham? That scene with Eugene was the ultimate hint in foreshadowing. Once they hugged I knew one of them was going to die. As well that Abraham lifted his head up when Negan pointed Lucille at him as a sign of "I don't give a fuck".

I think Abraham is safest, he has military experiance so he understood exactly what Negan was doing lining them all up like that. Negan, even says he isn't "growing a garden". Eugene is so fucked tho, out of all of them he was losing his shit the most.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BTW, for anyone who heard the audio clip and heard the intro theme at the end of the finale scene.... Do you guys think they'll show the same thing again for the season 7 opening? I remember that the audio of the group's screams were louder too and not as muted as the episode that aired.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
BTW, for anyone who heard the audio clip and heard the intro theme at the end of the finale scene.... Do you guys think they'll show the same thing again for the season 7 opening? I remember that the audio of the group's screams were louder too and not as muted as the episode that aired.

Maybe. Some folks already mentioned that the intro theme is also used for the closing credits in their region.

But I don't see the point, we know where we left off. They'll probably open with a fresh take on the scene.

I'm wondering now if the dumpster mess was testing ground to see reaction if they took out Glenn.

Betting on Abe, then Sasha in suicide by truck. Or, in a twist, switch 'em.

My only hope is that the outcry isn't limited to NeoGAF and other message boards. That the average audience won't stand for this shit.

My dad doesn't watch the show or know really anything about it, but he commented that on the radio today he heard the guys saying that the finale was bullshit, haha

Top Bottom