• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

zelas

1. Persona 5
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Nier: Automata
5. Nioh
6. Yakuza 0
7. Gran Turismo Sport
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
9. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
10. Ace Combat 7

Gaspard

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Nier: Automata
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Nioh
5. Persona 5
6. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Sonic Mania
8. Ni No Kuni 2
9. Scalebound
10. Cuphead

1. Nier: Automata
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3.Resident Evil 7
4.Thimbleweed Park
5. Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Trails in the Sky the 3rd
7. Scalebound
8. Sonic Mania
9. Outlast 2
10. The Church in the Darkness

1. Persona 5 : It's finally coming, and impressions from the Japanese release are saying it's even better than 4? That makes it game of the generation material.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : This looks incredible, and I can't wait to delve in. Really excited about all the changes they've made, it looks so much more modernised than Skyward Sword, and it seems they're really going all out.

3. Dragon Quest XI : Who knows if this will release in English this year, but I'm anticipating it all the same. The game looks gorgeous on PS4, and I'm a sucker for some classic DQ gameplay.

4. Nier: Automata : The first Nier was incredible, the music and story were in a league of their own, with the only drawback being the serviceable combat. With Platinum taking care of that aspect this time, this should be incredible.

5. Nioh : Looks like a fresh new take for a 'Souls' style game. Samurai goodness, Japanese folklore, decent budget, should be great.

6. Ys Origin : Don't have a PC so could never play this. Super hyped for the PS4 port considering this is considered one of the best in the series.

7. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue : I don't even care to play DDD HD just yet, but I am super hyped to play the little prologue for KH3 with Aqua that I'll buy this full price day one. I cannot get enough of this series.

8. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony : The Danganronpa series is great fun, good story and characters, fun trials, and full of twists. Excited for a fresh new saga to begin.

9. Gravity Rush 2 : I wasn't as big on the first GR as some on GAF. The game was poor in a lot of aspects, but I think they could really polish it up with the sequel, and I'm really keen to give it a try and hope they nail it.

10. Digimon World: Next Order : Loved Cyber Sleuth last year, and am keen to try out the other 'side' of Digimon RPGs with the World series.

Honorable mention to Super Mario Switch - It's coming, they've shown footage, but well, it's not 'official' yet so yeah.

FirLocke

1. Persona 5: Finally. Finally.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I’ve always found it difficult to get into Zelda games. I’ve loved their music and art since ever I first laid eyes on them, but I’ve struggled to connect with them as games. With Breath of the Wild, I am confident that this will change. I feel like I can truly explore. I can get lost, discover secrets and tricks, or enjoy the pure nature and the wildlife and just….breathe. I can relax, enjoy the purity and take everything in at my own pace. With a healthy dose of Souls-like combat design and an epic story on top, this sounds like a world to truly immerse oneself in. What a great concoction. And I can jump when I want!

3. Gravity Rush 2: Pure fun. Lighthearted, upbeat, colourful, catchy, beautiful, and satisfying. That’s what the first Gravity Rush was. The sequel? Times a thousand.
Let’s. Go.

4. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: The first game was so special, how could I not be hyped for another one? Especially when it iterates on what made the original so good: animation, story, character, and music. It had some flaws in the gameplay department, that’s for sure, but it looks like this one is improving on it. Can’t wait. The traditional, beautiful JRPG created with modern technology. Inject it. Now.

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
: It just looks awesome. It has a world that I want to dive into. A brilliant main character that I want to play as. Gameplay that looks incredibly satisfying to play. Simple. Throw in some RPG elements and decision making, music that has a unique footprint and you’ve got yourself a wonderful mix. Within that mix, I hope there’s something genuinely new but either way, I can’t wait!

6. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: I can’t wait to utterly devour its story. The first two games were highly entertaining and compelling. I’m on a total media blackout, as that’s how I was with the other two, but I can’t wait to see what new stuff there is and what twists and turns the story will take. Puupupupu!

7. Pyre
: Everything about it looks interesting. Unique, sports-like gameplay that’s so skill based, they added a multi-player mode because we asked for it. A wonderful aesthetic. Beautiful animation. An intriguing premise. Honestly, this is just sounding like a great experience overall. I can’t wait!

8. Nier: Automata: The first Nier was the epitome of the phrase; “A Diamond in the Rough.” Incredible music, art style, story, and characters marred by clunky janky ass bangyourheadagainstthewallgamepl-
Oh, Platinum is on the gameplay side of things this time? Right. This is going to be one of the best Action RPGs of all time. Hop on.

9. Ni-oh: This looks to revive the aspect that I’ve missed from Souls games ever since I finished my first Souls game; Dark Souls. The aspect of fear. It’s the more complicated combat. The purposefully difficult level design. From Software’s games have become somewhat comfortable for me, so the fact that this is coming from a different developer with their own ideas and take on things, at least when it comes to combat and exploration, makes this very refreshing. The dark Japanese setting mixed with its mythology visualized with great graphics is the icing on top!

10. Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite: Mega Man X. Sold.

Shout out to:

The Kingdom Hearts Inquisition, Crash Bandicoot N-sane Trilogy(my childhood!!), For Honor, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Resident Evil VII, Matterfall, Nex Machina, Sonic Mania, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Hitman Complete 1st Season, The Surge, The Iconoclasts, Sundered, Shiness, Hellblade, Chasm, Hearth Forth Alicia, Cosmic Star Heroine, Nintendo Switch and its games, Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, Yooka-Laylee, Vane, Absolver, What Remains of Edith Finch, Fallen Legion, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Ever Oasis, Mass Effect: Adromeda…..

In my life thus far, this might be the best year in gaming for me. If Nintendo confirmed their games, this list might have been a little different. Mostly because I love Splatoon, but alas, January 12/13th is the date for that! The PS4 is kicking into high gear for me personally, but unfortunately my PS4 died back in July. Waiting 'til I see a damn good deal to pick up a replacement, but at the very latest I'll pick one up on Black Friday. I'll likely be waiting on the majority of my top 10 list, though. At least I can play P5 on my PS3 when it launches. :)

rackham

1. Gravity Rush 2- first one was a vita classic. Great music. Great character and original story. Fun gameplay imo.
2. Shovel knight specter of torment- may be standalone as well as free to shovel knight owners.

GodGui

Neo Member
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
4. Yooka-Laylee
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Gran Turismo Sport

AAK

1. Resident Evil 7
2. NiOh
3. For Honor
4. Scalebound
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Nier Automata
7. Shenmue 3
8. Injustice 2
9. Horizon Zero Dawn
10. Absolver

1. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
3. Persona 5
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. Nioh
10. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
6. Pyre
7. Tekken 7
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Nioh
10. Gravity Rush 2

So yes, Persona 5 is number one, no need for explanation there. Also, huge expectations for Horizon. There is also a lot of platformer love (Crash and Yooka-Laylee), Japan stuff (FF XII, Tekken 7, Nioh and Gravity Rush), western (I'm so in it right now because of Westworld) and Pyre, because I love all games from its developer.

Also, glad that my favorite 4 genres are on list: JRPG, platformers, fighting and 3d person action adventure

butterbutt

Neo Member
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
4. Nier Automata
5. Persona 5
6. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Prey
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Cuphead

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
3T4jjEO.png

1. Nier Automata: I loved the first for its story but thought it had a weak gameplay, now that Platinum is responsible for the gameplay aspect, I have no doubt that Automata is going to deliver.
2. Gravity Rush 2: I liked the first and consider it the best Vita game, but the first was trapped on the Vita, it had its limitations. The second is looking far better with an amazing, vibrant look. I just can't wait to relax and sling around its world.
3. Rain World: Two words, A.I and animation.

feJ2czN.png

1. Persona 5 : Déjà vu much? I voted this my most anticipated game in 2015, and I'm here to do so once again. Hopefully this will be the last time. Putting aside my own fanboyish love of the series, I feel there are reasons for many people to be excited. The game seems to be carrying so many of the things I love about "animu" and "JRPG" without taking too many of the things I so vehemently hate about them (particularly modern ones). Everything we've seen of this game exudes an almost filthy amount of style that puts it just head and shoulders above other video games. For goodness sake's, the menus look good. Maybe I'm wrong to presume this, but if they've put so much care into the menus, I imagine the rest of the game is going to be a real labor of love.
tqRVi1T.png

2. Nioh : Nioh feels like what you might get if you took Dark Souls and Onimusha, and perhaps a wee bit of Genji: Days of the Blade, chopped them up, added in some fiendish difficulty and cooked up a game with those parts. The Souls games have long had a reputation for their difficulty, but Nioh takes the idea of a difficult video game and just rides it. Not since The Last Blade 2 have I felt like a game captured what I imagine that a "samurai" battle should feel like. The stance system, the Ki recovery, ranged weapons, even the basic art/character design all fuels what looks to be an absolute gem of the game. Just let me play as Okatsu and it'll be the Game of the Generation.
2lt2zN7.png

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I'm not nearly as fond of Zelda as many people here, and my taste in the franchise are notably weird (love Minish Cap, hate ALTTP). But Breath of the Wild looks like an interesting take on an open world game, and the variety of options in gameplay seems impressive. The thing that I've always loved about Zelda, and again maybe this makes me weird, is the story, lore and characters. I'm really hoping that those remain well-developed and strong this time around. Also, give me playable Zelda. Just do it.
WGLm6aG.png

4. Red Dead Redemption 2 : This is a title that I strongly feel is getting bumped out of 2017, but even so I can't help but vote for it. That first trailer might have been short, but boy oh boy did it get the wheels turning in people's heads. Personally, I never actually finished Red Dead Redemption (a wrong I hope to right while waiting for RDR2), but this is Rockstar working on one of my favorite genres: Westerns. How could I not be excited?
ynkiZBG.png

5. Gravity Rush 2 : Gravity Rush 2 feels like it's already doomed to be forgotten and overlooked, which is a real shame because it looks so fresh and vivacious. I've expounded on my many issues with the first game (not the least of which was that awful ending), but GR2 looks like a second chance to build on the first game and add so much more to it. Getting that free DLC add-on, Raven's Choice, is just a cherry on a very sweet game. I sincerely hope that more people give the game a try this time around.
sze8GzC.png

6. Gran Turismo Sport : There have been a lot of "wow" moments in my time playing video games. The ending of The Walking Dead, the ghillie mission in Call of Duty 4, the moment I got to Velen in The Witcher 3, the list goes on and on. And yet, even among all of those "moments," perhaps the moment that stands out the most was being at a friend's house after Christmas 2002 and playing Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. I don't actually remember the track (it was one of the mountainous ones), but I remember getting into Dodge Viper and my mind just being absolutely blown. It didn't even matter that I was close to last place. Up until that point, most of my time gaming had been spent on a PS1, Game Boy and Game Boy Advance and seeing something like GT3: A-S was just so different and so amazing. I've played many racing games since then, Driveclub, GRID, Dirt, MotorStorm, Need for Speed, various kart racers and none of them have ever quite captured that Gran Turismo magic. All of that nostalgia recap is to say, I have a history with Gran Truismo, something of a love affair. I don't know if GT Sport will recapture the magic of the romance that I feel towards racing games, but I sincerely hope that it does, and I'll be here to see it through.
Q13i0jq.png

7. Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite : This game isn't quite the looker yet, but who cares. It's Mahvel baybee. Hell, forget the game (not really), the impending months of roster and moveset discussions looks like pure fun to me. I absolutely stink at fighting games, but MvC will always hold a special place for me because of A) the love I have for Marvel/Capcom characters and B) the immense fun that is watching tournament-play Marvel. I cannot wait for Infinite.
M7SsBQ4.png

8. Mass Effect: Andromeda : Andromeda was listed at #5 the last time we voted on our most anticipated games, and given that it's #8 this year, obviously my interest level has dropped a significant bit. I'm enthralled with the idea of sci-fi and I desperately would love to see more proper sci-fi games out there. But I haven't see enough of "new" things in Andromeda to really capture my imagination. Far too much of what I've seen feels familiar, and given that we're headed to a new galaxy I expect to see far more in the way of newness. At worst, I suppose we might tread familiar ground in Andromeda, and that'd be alright, even though I hope eagerly for more.
r84sNWc.png

9. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : Maybe I'm just reading way too much into that PSX showing, but NNK2 looks like it might be a combination of the sequels that I wanted to see for both NNK and Dark Cloud 2. Everything we've seen about the game looks so absolutely charming and beautiful, I can't wait to hear more.
ZUKuldS.png

10. Horizon: Zero Dawn : This is another game that's fallen down a bit from the peak excitement I had for it last year. Yes, the idea of mechanical dinosaurs fused with prehistoric hunting ideals still sounds absolutely phenomenal. There's an inner 6 year old that's screaming with excitement. And yet, even with that excitement, I'm increasingly concerned about what surrounds the mechanics and aesthetics. What are the characters going to be like? How about the world, the story, the quest design? Practically every time the game tries to drop some world-building (like that narrated PSX trailer), it's almost cringe-worthy. And even in spite of my increasing reservations about story and world-building, the reason that this game deserves to remain on my list though is that I'm still thirsting to find out the answers to those questions. You still have my attention Horizon, try and keep it.

Honorable Mentions
ZDUou8m.jpg

zJcHglb.jpg

South Park: The Fractured But Whole : Create your own hero? I'm in.
Cosmic Star Heroine : I feel like this is taking forever to come out. Please just give it to me.
Vampyr : Dontnod got my attention with Remember Me, and earned my respect with Life is Strang. I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Pyre : Supergiant is a brilliant developer, and Bastion and Transistor remain two of my favorite independent ventures of recent years. I'm not quite sure how they're going to approach this sports theme that they've selected, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
Shenmue 3 : There's no way this hits 2017, but I'll be there day one anyways.
Nier: Automata : I know they're very different games, but playing Final Fantasy XV left me thirsting for a truly competent, fast-paced action game. I'm hoping that Nier is it, and thank goodness for that impending demo so we can see if it is.
Yakuza 0 : More Yakuza is always good for the world.
The Show 17 : I thought the addition of Ken Griffey was merely a "neat" addition to cover up some holes in the game, but the PSX trailer convinced me that the game finally might be getting that much needed injection of new content. Here's to hoping that the greatest sports game around gets greater.

Let's see..

1. Persona 5
2. NiOh
3. Scalebound
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Nier Automata
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Final Fantasy XII
8. Divinity Original Sin
9. Ni no Kuni 2
10. Tales of Berseria

All rpgs as expected. I was about to put DQXI in the middle of my list, but I think there's no clear release date yet.

Bolivar687

Banned
E5RYtD7.png

5. Dragon Quest Heroes II : I still haven't quite gotten used to the idea that the PlayStation 4 is getting a new Dragon Quest game every year, much less that 2017 is bringing two. Impressions from Japan sound wonderful, in that DQH2 brings more traditional RPG pacing to its already successful combat and art style. This should be one of the first big surprises for RPG fans early next year.

3gxKkCV.png

4. Gran Turismo Sport : Somewhere in between a Prologue and a full fledged installment; promising a new, second generation for the series, it's hard to make sense out of what GT Sport actually is. One thing we know for sure, this game will be a true hardware showcase for both original PlayStation 4 and its new Pro iteration. Hopefully the trademark luxury feel of playing the series comes along with it.

CHslbJi.png

3. Horizon Zero Dawn : Guerrilla Games is a world class developer, period. Even if their upcoming titles was a new Killzone, it would still be one of my top five most anticipated games of 2017. Nevertheless, it's exciting that they've taken the opportunity to make a bold, colorful new IP and that Sony's given them the time and resources to make it happen. This looks to build on what we saw from The Witcher in 2015 and it may very well make just as large of an impact.

9mks37n.png

2. Dragon Quest XI : The only thing keeping this out of my number 1 is that it may not be localized before the year is out. It's been twelve years single player Dragon Quest on home consoles. DQVIII is possibly the greatest RPG I've ever played, so this is long overdue for many of us. These are the gaming equivalent of Studio Ghibli's Miyazaki films. DQXI will be a major event in the history of gaming and RPG fans who have yet to dive into the series are advised not to miss out.

q8j6SD0.png

1. Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War III : When I look at some of the Windows games of the last few years, namely their mastery of mechanics and their staying power keeping players hooked for thousands of hours, I truly believe we are in a new golden age of PC gaming. The only thing missing is a new AAA Real Time Strategy game. Bringing back the base building from the original Dawn of War is much appreciated in an era where publishers seem reluctant to embrace the past, for fear of alienating the sensitive tastes of mainstream consumers. I have high expectations after the excellent Dawn of War II, here's hoping Relic and Sega can surpass them.

1. Nier Automata : If this game is anything but a total masterpiece it will be a disappointment. It has so much potential, and I have so much hope in it.
2. Persona 5 : Weird game because its already out and universally acclaimed in JP, but I still cannot wait to get my hands on it.
3. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : Probably the most important Zelda game since Ocarina. The game needs to be a success or else I think Zelda will be in a massive identity crisis.
4. Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony : This is Danganronpa's big chance to break out of its niche by appearing on PS4 and doing a soft reboot of the increasingly convoluted and weighted backstory of the series. I can only hope that it doesn't backslide into the same themes and trappings the Hope's Peak stuff did.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Lol this game isn't coming out in 2017. But RDR was a pretty good game and I want to see Rockstar's crazy tech boner and infinite money/time go all out for this one.
6. Resident Evil 7 : I'm hopeful the game will turn out to be something cool, but Resident Evil hasn't exactly had a great history as of late.
7. Tekken 7 : AKUMA IS IN IT.
8. Gravity Rush 2 : I don't like the first Gravity Rush, but it has a lot of potential to be an awesome game. Hopefully the sequel capitalizes on that by ditching Vita limitations and reaching its real potential.
9. Horizon Zero Dawn : Guerilla is a mediocre developer but I really, really want this game to be good.
10. South Park - Fractured But Whole : Stick of Truth was good, but then again Season 20 wasn't.

Eolz

Looks like Persona 5 is winning over Zelda so far.
Pleasantly surprised at all the love for Nier Automata!

Xumbrega

Banned
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Scalebound
5. Resident Evil 7
6. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Sea of Thieves
9. Crackdown 3
10. Cuphead

Honestly not much to say here until we hear more about the launch year of the Switch. Most of the titles I'm tracking are indie/small-studio titles that aren't at the stage of revealing how far off they are (think Oxygen Not Included from Klei or Sunless Skies from Failbetter), or forthcoming 1.0 releases of Early Access titles that should be on track for 2017, though you never know (Factorio, in particular, is expecting 0.15 in February with an announced intention of marking 0.16 as the official 1.0 release).

That really just leaves:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Top of the list for three years running, and more firmly than ever before.
2. Pikmin 3DS : I was enraptured by the concept and design from the moment I saw it. As far as spin-offs go, this reads to me as a natural extension of Pikmin that a puzzle-platformer enthusiast should be excited to play.
3. Yooka-Laylee : I have no nostalgic attachment to Banjo-Kazooie or N64-era Rare. This game caught my interest on its own merits, and 3D platformers are overdue for an infusion of competence not named Mario.
4. At the Gates : A long-delayed Roman-themed 4X from Jon Shafer that nobody seems to know about, but is finally landing in Q1.
5. Cuphead : A feast for aficionados of animation history with ambitions to play as vibrantly as it looks.
6. Scalebound : Admittedly, I am much less interested in this than I once was now that we know what it is, but Kamiya always reserves the possibility of a rewarding and thoroughly mad surprise.

1. Persona 5
2. South Park - The Fractured But Whole
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Bullestorm Full Clip Edition
6. Yooka Laylee

...and that's really it for now. Wow. Not really looking forward to a ton this coming year, I guess.

Palmer27

1. Knack 2: I just can't wait.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
3. Nier: Automata
4. Horizen Zero Dawn
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Yuka-Laylee: looks cute
7. Nioh
8. Scalebound: hoping it will turn out better than the shitty showings so far

2. Sonic Mania
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
5. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
6. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone
9. Just Shapes & Beats
10. Heart Forth, Alicia!

Cess007

1. Persona 5
2. Yakuza 0
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Horizon
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. South Park: Fractured But Whole
7. Ni No Kuni 2
8. Shenmue 3
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Albo

1. Zelda breath of the wild
2. Mass effect andromeda
3. Nioh
4. Nier automata
5. Resident evil 7
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Gravity rush 2
8. Horizon zero dawn
9. Yooka laylee
10. Injustice 2

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: From the first time it was leaked on the A9VG forums, I was curious whether the actual game could match the concept arts on display. When it premiered at e3 2015, it did just that and much more. From there on, the game has received strong praise for its gameplay(especially how fluid Aloy controls) from the media and neogaf/reddit users alike. If Guerrilla can pull off a decent story and setting, this could be a game for the ages.
2. Gravity Rush 2: I adored the first game with its phenomenal music and unparallel sense of flight(more like falling with style). It doesn't help the fact that kat is very likeable protagonist. If they could tighten up the loose ends in terms of gameplay and quest variety and story, this could be akin to assassin's creed 2 in terms of overall quality jump.
3. Persona 5: P3 and P4 are probably up there as two of my favorite games of all time. With its catchy music, challenging but fair (most of the time) turn-based combat and the super catchy soundtrack, I can't help but be excited at what Atlus and co can further improve on. And from what little I've played from the jp version, they've done a lot.
4. Nioh: Samurai souls with its own twist, all enemies play by the same rules as you whereby if the enemy's stamina is completely depleted, you can put them in a massive world of hurt. Also insta-ki reload is so satisfying to pull off.
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: I like the show and I like Stick of Truth. Enough said.
6. Digimon World: Next Order: Been waiting on proper digimon world since playing redigitize with the fan translation so I hope this turns out good.
7. Red Dead Redemption 2: This one is low on my list because I can't help but shake the feeling that this game is going to get to delayed to 2018. And plus the debut wasn't too hot for me.
8. Matterfall: housemarque goodness

IrishNinja

1. Shenmue 3: It's been a long wait
  2. Yakuza 0: we finally get a game on the PS4, physical release even!
  3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild: my one knock on the series for a while now has been the overworld, and this one looks to have a great one
  4. Sonic Mania: finally, the real Sonic 4
  5. Yakuza - Kiwami: still so happy we're getting this! 1 was showing its age, so this is just fantastic
  6. Persona 5: well, here goes 100 hours of my life
  7. Nier - Automata: still can't believe this is happening, and with Platinum no less!
  8. Red Dead Redemption 2: the only open-world title i really got into
  9. Resident Evil 7: it's not PT, but i'll take it
  10. Final Fantasy XII HD: one of the best in the series, and Zodiac International edition no less!

Quentin

Banned
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Red Dead 2
3. Uncharted Lost Legacy
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Persona 5
6. NBA 2k18
7. MLB 17
8. Far Point
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. South Park Fractured But Whole (debating if i will get it)

Leflus

1. Yooka-Laylee.
2. Sonic Mania
3. Red Ded Redemption 2
4. Mass Effect Andromeda.
5. Crackdown 3.
6. Cuphead.
7. Sea of Thieves.
8. Scalebound.
9. Little Nightmares
10. State of Decay 2

Keeping it Xbox only for the time being. I'm not sure when or if I'm buying a second console . Looks like it's going to be a fun year. And with 5 of the games on my list being games that were delayed from 2016, I expect most of the games on the list to be released next year. I could see RDR2 and/or SoD2 slipping to spring 2018, though.

Honorable mentions:
-Horizon, Uncharted TLL and Crash on PS4
-Breath of the Wild and the nameless Mario Kart, Splatoon and 3D Mario games on Switch

1. Horizon Zero Dawn: impressive open world RPG with robot dinosaurs created by the techical wizards over at Guerrilla Games
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: my favourite action adventure franchise returns for the last time with Chloe Frazer taking lead
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: open world Zelda with great mechanics has sold me on the Nintendo Switch
4. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: my second favourite platforming franchise remastered in all its PS4 capable glory
5. Resident Evil 7: survival horror done right in the AAA space
6. Gravity Rush 2: gravity manipulation at its best
7. Yooka-Laylee: I didn't grow up Banjo Kazooie but I love platformers and this looks right up my street
8. Red Dead Redemption 2: made by Rockstar
9. Mass Effect Andromeda: I enjoyed the triogy last gen and I'm sure bioware will not disappoint with Andromeda
10. Nier: Automata: I was pleasently surprised by the demo

After reading the link to Wikipedia posted in the OP, my list ends like this:

1. Persona 5 ; I already played it and finished it, but I think it'd be hilarious if Persona 5 wins again.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Scalebound
4. Phantom Dust ; the re-release of one of my favourite games of the ps2/NGC/Xbox gen. 5.Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
6. For Honor
7. Nier: Automata
8. Nioh
9. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
10. Cuphead

eggandI

Banned
1. Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite: I'm honestly not too hopeful that this will be a good fighting game. It might be a good casual masher but I'm not so sure about it being mechanically good. Despite my worries this is by far my most anticipated game of the year.

2. Tekken 7: Fated Retribution: Tekken is always good fun. It's what I like to play when taking a break from Capcom fighters. Can't wait to scrub people out with Xiaoyu

Elandyll

Banned
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Wipeout Omega Collection
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Persona 5
5. Mass Effect Andromeda
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. Nioh
8. Diluvion
9. Red Dead Revolver 2
10. Resident Evil 7

Rodin

3. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Dragon Quest XI
7. Sea of Thieves
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Nioh
10. GT Sports

1. Shenmue III:
    We all know the date will get Shenmoved, but it's still aiming for December 2017 at this point in time.
  2. Untitled Hazelight project:
    Enjoyed Brothers a lot and feel like Josef Fares has a knack for game design that works outside of (or at least bends) established frames, and makes for interesting things. I like things, especially when they're interesting.
  3. Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey:
    Opted to withhold playing it until all episodes were out, and literally in my hands, because when that ridiculous box finally arrives, it deserves to feel like a whole event.
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild:
    I typically don't care for Zelda, think mostly because it's been pointless to consider it, as I've barely ever had access to Nintendo hardware. But I feel like making a go at changing that.
  5. What Remains of Edith Finch:
    "What if Gone Home was a shark sliding down a hill?" Finally this question is getting answered.
  6. Mass Effect: Andromeda:
    Despite the hiatus and whatnot, it feels too known quantity, or like it'll be too similar to other games in recent memory, but that doesn't prevent me from being up for more adventures in space.
  7. Vampyr:
    Don't know if this one will be as clean of a hit as Life is Strange, but Dr. Acula and the moral complications is a good hook and the name of my favorite ska punk band.
  8. Gravity Rush 2:
    Appeals to my sense of wanting something a little different but still within the genre of action-adventure.
  9. Persona 5:
    Really quite liked the fourth one. I usually don't care for these types of games, but Persona appears to stand out.
  10. Horizon: Zero Dawn:
    A situation similar to Mass Effect, just with robotic dinosaur adventures.

Red Dead Redemption 2 gets to hang out down here.

FluxWaveZ

1. Persona 5:

The last time I'm voting for this game, whether it releases in North America in 2017 or not. The numerous delays and the lengthy gap between the Japanese release has definitely impacted the overall hype for the game, but it's still the next mainline release in my favorite series of all time, and Persona 5 certainly has the potential to be my favorite game ever made.

2. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:

I've been less and less enthused with this series with time because new entries to the narrative keep devaluing it. I'm very skeptical as to whether Kodaka can create another story and experience that won't disappoint and that will actually deliver. The mini-games are already a turn off. My anticipation for this game mainly manifests itself as curiosity.

3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite:

I've never really been into this series, but I've become more involved with fighting games these days, and it's a high profile one coming out with at least half a cast that I'm really interested in. Hopefully it'll be fun.

4. Gravity Rush 2:

The game looks beautiful and I enjoyed the first one, despite its flaws. If they address the problems the first one had, this could be a really cool game.

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Nioh
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Ni No Kuni 2
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8. Nier Automata
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Yooka Laylee

Top Bottom