• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

bjork

I wish my PC wasn't so miserably outdated. On the benchmark test, I scored a 3 on lowest settings. There isn't a game I'd like to play more than this right now, but it looks like I'm out for the time being. Living vicariously through you guys!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, the CO to unlock further leveling was a real pain. So is the Tundra, at least while trying to go through it solo. Monsters hit pretty hard and the new dark type enemies are... Uh.
ibnvsCHvFiR3th.jpg

igu6ITTKk2sqM.jpg

RSLAEV

READ THE GUIDES LINKED IN THE OP.
Seriously. Paying from outside Japan? Answered in the OP. How to whisper to someone? Answered in the OP. Is this the official release? Answered in the OP.
Why :(

This is also in the OP:

Guide how to whisper to anyone and a guide what to do when invited to the team have been added at the bottom.
You talk to the team by pressing "O" or selecting the 3rd option in the chat window - 3.チーム.

Did you mean the bottom of the guides section? Because this wording implies that these guides have been added at the bottom of the OP. Which is confusing because the guide for whispering is actually *above* this statement, and is probably why I missed it.

Anyway, I'll check it out, thanks for the info.

syoaran

I just signed up so please add me to the GAF list (Syoaran).

I'm mega confused by the game but the tutorial at least was fairly user friendly.

ezodagrom

Sigh, the CO to unlock further leveling was a real pain. So is the Tundra, at least while trying to go through it solo. Monsters hit pretty hard and the new dark type enemies are... Uh.
Haha, those enemies haven't appeared since the Alpha 2 test, in the Alpha 2 they appeared in the forest in code attacks.

VariantX

OK, so there won't be an XBOX 360 release?

Doubt they'd be able to update it the way they are now if they went the 360/PS3 route. For every update they do, they'd have to do lengthy and expensive quality testing before the end user got to update anything. MS also would want Sega to charge us for those updates too. And there looks to be a lot of content coming to the game from here until the end of the year.

kiryogi

Banned
Are there any low level players? I'm only level 4 and would like to play with people.

Character name: Kyoufu
Player ID: choryun

I think that should be correct.

Don't worry. Every Phantasy Star Online sequel/expansion has made it to the west.

lolz no.

PSP2i.

Nishastra

Banned
Completing Koffee's timed missions can get annoying. Been trying to do the Free Caves one, but in addition to Vol Dragon taking forever to kill, I keep getting Emergency Code Collects that send me all over the map right before I get to the last room.

And on my last attempt, during the Collect, I had to fight not one, not two, but three of those dragon-worm miniboss things (a Duel in one room, then a Duel/Change Over Duel in the next).

Really, I just have to hope that eventually that crap doesn't happen :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did you mean the bottom of the guides section? Because this wording implies that these guides have been added at the bottom of the OP. Which is confusing because the guide for whispering is actually *above* this statement, and is probably why I missed it.

Anyway, I'll check it out, thanks for the info.
I've meant the bottom section of the beta thread, from which most of this OP comes from, but thank you for noticing this. Fixed! :)

Ok.. I'm in too..

Kinda fun..

It's ridiculous, but I forgot what my player ID is..

it's either robobandit or Hona (same as my character name)

Is there some place where I can verify what my player ID is?

I'm still fumbling my way through the guides and the various systems.. never played PSO before at all.. so much to learn about..

haikira

Ok.. I'm in too..

Kinda fun..

I'm still fumbling my way through the guides and the various systems.. never played PSO before at all.. so much to learn about..

I Don't envy you. A lot of what's getting me through, is knowledge of the original.

Have fun though. =D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok.. I'm in too..

Kinda fun..

アークスカード in one of the menus, if I'm not mistaken.

Uh, 50 item bag extension for 1600AC... Tempting, I think I'm going to bite...

https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2/posts/202526246541199

This post makes me optimistic about a US release. Seems they're highly aware about English players in their game.

They've actually been posting English updates since the end of last year I believe. They had quite a lot of English fans so they decided to take a shot at posting in English. They already said that as the developers, they would absolutely love global servers and an international release. Unfortunately, I don't think that they decide these things.

Also: The new Emergency Quest is amazing, especially the return of one of the bosses from a2 as Code Destruction. <3

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So is this an actual worthwhile F2P game or is it another incredibly slow grindfest where you can pay to level faster?

It's F2P. I wouldn't even give Phantasy Star Online the benefit of the doubt, regardless of how much I enjoyed the first.

There's an option to pay for items that give you an increased exp gain rate, but I haven't had any problems with how much exp I get without paying anything. If I do end up paying for stuff, it probably won't be for things that actually affect gameplay.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Surprisingly, it's not a grindfest. The xp per level doesn't go up that much, even past lv 36.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I got up to level 25 with little actual effort, that was just mainly doing progression work for missions, client orders, city emergency events, and eventually poking onto hard mode. Doesn't feel very grindy at all, though some of the client orders can feel that way after a while.

VariantX

The only time you spend grinding is when you need "x" amount of item dropped from whatever monster. Otherwise, you're usually on your way to the next thing in the list of things to do in the game. Got through to 1-18 so far with no grinding except to complete orders or to collect drops to feed my mag.

... what the hell. This afternoon before I headed out, I got my mag to evolve (I got the Force type). Yet, when this happened, my Force stat actually dropped to a point where I couldn't use my main weapon anymore.

Anyone who is feeding their mag, can you take a screenshot of your stats just before your mag hits level 30, then another screenshot after? F6 pops up your equipment window, which has your stat display (plus all stats provided by weapons/armor, so don't change any of that between the two screenshots or the comparison won't be valid).

VariantX

Got my butt handed to me by the Dragon, definitely going to take him on again with a full party, I spend too much time chasing him rather than actually hitting him.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my butt handed to me by the Dragon, definitely going to take him on again with a full party, I spend too much time chasing him rather than actually hitting him.
Ranged attacks to the horn are a lame, long, but a viable way of soloing him. Even a Hunter can do it with a sword.
But yeah, going with a party is much more enjoyable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did a quest to get used to things after the tutorial...Despite the MASSIVE language barrier, this game is incredible. Feels SO smooth.

Ranged attacks to the horn are a lame, long, but a viable way of soloing him. Even a Hunter can do it with a sword.
But yeah, going with a party is much more enjoyable.

I just spent literally half an hour fighting him as part of an NPC babysitting client order. NPC was pretty much completely worthless for the entire fight, leaving me to do all the damage - nothing but running for my life with a rafoie to the horn here and there.

At least I really appreciate the force's super-defensive dash, especially since every single attack was directed at me. At least when I play with actual people, the attention is usually not on myself and I can focus on damage dealing or supporting the others.

Of course, all that and I find out I didn't do enough stuff in the area leading up to the dragon to S rank, so the client order remains incomplete.

I guess I'll be on for a bit here. I hope I did the team invite thing right, as I was going buy what the guide said, and followed the pictures. Does anyone know if I can change my characters name, as I didn't know that was going to be the name that appears on top of me and would like to change it.

apricot

Are there any low level players? I'm only level 4 and would like to play with people.

Character name: Kyoufu
Player ID: choryun

I'm a level 5 ranger.

Character: Artemis
Player ID: apricotsushi

Anyone else feel free to add me as well :) Is is possible for me to get added to the official gaffer list, as well?

I just spent literally half an hour fighting him as part of an NPC babysitting client order. NPC was pretty much completely worthless for the entire fight, leaving me to do all the damage - nothing but running for my life with a rafoie to the horn here and there.

At least I really appreciate the force's super-defensive dash, especially since every single attack was directed at me. At least when I play with actual people, the attention is usually not on myself and I can focus on damage dealing or supporting the others.

Of course, all that and I find out I didn't do enough stuff in the area leading up to the dragon to S rank, so the client order remains incomplete.

Oh god I'm doing this NPC quest right now. Twice I failed because I selected the wrong recovery item.

IMO as a Force you shouldn't aim for the horn; you should use Rabarta and aim for the feet (and occasionally freeze Vol Dragon to the ground) or the tail (so you can defuse his Diablos mode). Learn his tell for the tail swipe, and remember to dodge immediately if you get hit by the tail so you evade the tail coming back.

Raide

Did a quest to get used to things after the tutorial...Despite the MASSIVE language barrier, this game is incredible. Feels SO smooth.

Despite the barrier, the game is superbly playable and fun. Cannot wait to delve even more into the game. I just wish I could track how far I am with unlocking the Free version of the Caves. :D

Xane

If you don't mind, you can add me to the list. :)

Server: Ship 02
Character: Xane
Player ID: Xanares

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Player list updated.

If you want your Player ID added, write it in the post, since checking it from the Team list would be a lot of work (it's not shown directly when you're offline).

Also, please use the format:
GAF name - Character name - Player name

Thanks. :)

Is the character room not free anymore? :(

Character room and selling stuff on my shop isn't free.

There will be a maintenance tomorrow from 10AM to 5PM JST. They're going through some bugs etc.

Wow lame, what am I suppose to do with all the FUN scratch items I win and extra skill disk I find? 100 meseta each to npc it is.

Top Bottom