• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next episode of The Amazing Race will pit contestants against SFV pros

K.Sabot

no way they lose 2 rounds until blindfold

even then i think it'd be a long shot, I busted a friend's ass who owned the game with 1 hand covering my eyes in the first couple months of the game.

Gren

I don't watch the series, but this sure seems random. Interesting exposure for Infil/Poongko and the game, though.

Zackat

Xiaohai would beat them one handed with a blindfold on

I've never seen infil and poongko play onehanded like I have seen those videos of xiaohai

Kiro

This seems ignorant of the amazing race not realizing how insanely skilled professionals are. They never havr contestants try to intercept a football from an NFL WR. The first ten rounds I would try to lose as fast as possible to get the advantage.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
DarksydePhil.

That would be amazing television.

"Ok, *snort* you gotta complain about lag and spam."
"If they hit you, just shout I wasn't doing anything."
"If you get whiff punished, tell them you didn't even want to do that move."

Stantron

Just skip the formalities, and head straight to one handed blind folded matches.
I hope the pros show them no mercy.

KissVibes

Banned
This seems like a really dumb challenge.The most obvious solution is to lose quick enough to get to the blindfold handicap and mash buttons until you geek out a win.

Maligna

Banned
Just skip the formalities, and head straight to one handed blind folded matches.
I hope the pros show them no mercy.

The only way I see the pros losing at all no matter the handicap, is if they are no longer allowed to touch the controller, or they​ just get bored and go home.

ZangBa

The salt from that couple was hilarious. If they had someone teaching them how to play first, she must have completely ignored them if she's just smacking the stick around and not even pressing buttons.

Can watch the SFV segment here. https://vid.me/ZfAY

Sad to see the opinion some people still have of games and gamers =/

This is HILARIOUS. DO they not understand they are against pros? Hah, I used to watch this when I was younger. I'm glad to see some of my favourite players on the show but man those couples were salty as hell. I mean all they had to do was block but it didn't look like they were listening to the coaches.

jett

D-Member
Can watch the SFV segment here. https://vid.me/ZfAY

Sad to see the opinion some people still have of games and gamers =/

Thanks. That was hilarious. The sodium levels on the lady's husband was just on another level. "TEENAGER ON AN EGOTRIP" lol, he's getting paid to do this. As a roadblock or whatever this was just nonsense to be honest, I'm not sure what it was supposed to prove. It seems like the right strategy was to lose as soon as possible to get to the handicaps. I'm surprised however that there was actually someone among them that knew how to play LOL.

Maligna

Banned
Thanks. That was hilarious. The sodium levels on the lady's husband was just on another level. "TEENAGER ON AN EGOTRIP" lol, he's getting paid to do this. As a roadblock or whatever this was just nonsense to be honest, I'm not sure what it was supposed to prove. It almost seems like the right strategy was to lose as soon as possible to get to the handicaps. I'm surprised however that there was actually someone among them that knew how to play LOL.

I'm not sure they were aware the pros would have handicaps after a certain amount of wins.

One hand is probably more challenging than blindfolded for them

For some reason a lot of really good players seem to be pretty decent or even adequate at playing with one hand. As for the rest of us, if we were tasked with this challenge to stomp people who don't play the game we would probably choose to play blind folded instead and just choose a fireball character. Throw fireballs to find out how close your opponent is to you and just kind of go ham when you know they're near by because they won't know how to maximize damage in the situation.

And that couple, man the salt. Can't be a good sport and just recognized you're playing a pro(OK, only one is an actual pro as far as I know, not the point though) and you don't know jack about what you're doing. They also had to insult them and demonize their profession just for doing their job of preventing you from moving on.

This was a great segment, but I'm sad we missed out on seeing Brooke do this challenge. "Waaaaaaahhhhhh I can't do this it's the worst thing I've ever done in my life THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SCOTT BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULD DO IT"

Sanke__

I would guess someone might win against a one handed pro but most will probably take multiple tries against the blindfolded pro

The goal of those first 10 games would definitely be to lose as quickly as possible

Edit: o it already happened
Will watch

DylanEno

I haven't watched an episode of the amazing race in about a decade, but I'll definitely tune in for this. Sounds hilarious.

Edit: oh it already aired? Damn lol

Ronin Ray

Will Poongko remove his shirt tho?
1348140314700190532.gif

Nah he doesn't do it anymore unfortunately

opoth

Banned
Something ive always loved about this show (despite the scripted nature of all "reality" shows) is that the contestants get to experience cultural moments from around the world, whether its cuisine, work, way of life, traversing the landscape, etc. There is something intangible gained for these contestants beyond a cash prize.

I don't think esports has any place in a show like this, I understand that this is part of the culture there, but its not anything you cant get back home either.

Sami+

That girl London really sucks lol. How do you get coached, then go up on the stage and button mash so hard you look like you're gonna break the stick... THEN get all angry that you can't beat a pro player? Lol.

That girl London really sucks lol. How do you get coached, then go up on the stage and button mash so hard you look like you're gonna break the stick... THEN get all angry that you can't beat a pro player? Lol.

When in doubt, mash. I have no idea what it is about fighting games that makes people press as many buttons as possible. If you're stumped in single-player games, you press one button at a time but here, just go balls out.

Something ive always loved about this show (despite the scripted nature of all "reality" shows) is that the contestants get to experience cultural moments from around the world, whether its cuisine, work, way of life, traversing the landscape, etc. There is something intangible gained for these contestants beyond a cash prize.

I don't think esports has any place in a show like this, I understand that this is part of the culture there, but its not anything you cant get back home either.

South Korea was esportsing for over a decade before someone called it esports.

Lol at the woman that wasn't even pressing buttons, I can't stand people who won't try to figure something out before they give up.

You need to understand that South Korea is really, really big on gaming. Gaming in South Korea is like how soccer is in Europe or how football is in the US.

EDIT: I wonder if those last guys managed to beat that salty couple? Probably not, but in that case it's unfortunate that the best person at playing the game still ended up last.

Alukus

Neo Member
I want to see the rounds of Gief vs Mika. That guy was having fun and he looked like he had an idea of what he was doing.

UberTag

This was a great segment, but I'm sad we missed out on seeing Brooke do this challenge. "Waaaaaaahhhhhh I can't do this it's the worst thing I've ever done in my life THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SCOTT BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULD DO IT"
Brooke and Scott are such great television. She reminds me of Flo from the legendary Zach & Flo tandem from Amazing Race 3... except for the fact that Flo didn't have to keep pace with Zach in roadblocks the way they do now. Plus, Scott's a big ham and keeps getting those heights roadblocks where he cowers like a little girl. They're hilarious. I hope they win.

Lulubop

Infiltration didn't even play =/, dunno who the two other dudes were aside from Poognko. Sure weren't Xyzzy it Velorin

Codeblue

I understand why it wasn't, but this would have been amazing if it were streamed on Twitch with player cams.

That lady wailing on her buttons with both hands had me in tears.

Top Bottom