• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Any chance any rewards get added/changed this month? I've got 600 Platinum coins expiring on the 31st and I want none of this shit, lmao.

azyless

How's Zero Time Dilemma on 3DS compared to the Vita version ? I have Virtue's Last Reward on Vita so I thought I'd get ZTD on there as well, but I've got like 150 gold coins expiring this month so maybe I'll get that with 20% off.
Nothing else that could potentially interest me really.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How's Zero Time Dilemma on 3DS compared to the Vita version ? I have Virtue's Last Reward on Vita so I thought I'd get ZTD on there as well, but I've got like 150 gold coins expiring this month so maybe I'll get that with 20% off.
Graphics got quite a downgrade along with resolution, slightly longer loading times, & from what I've heard, a few times where the framerate will dip. If you wanna see a few comparison shots of 3DS vs. Vita, you can see them here.

If it matters, the game is also hitting PS4 later this year (August in Japan), which I would imagine would be the "best" version, but with these sort of VN style games, I'd rather go portable.

Shiggy

The Vita version obviously looks much better. You're better of using your coins to buy the Pikmin Short Movies for me ;D

azyless

The Vita version obviously looks much better. You're better of using your coins to buy the Pikmin Short Movies for me ;D

Graphics got quite a downgrade along with resolution, slightly longer loading times, & from what I've heard, a few times where the framerate will dip. If you wanna see a few comparison shots of 3DS vs. Vita, you can see them here.

If it matters, the game is also hitting PS4 later this year (August in Japan), which I would imagine would be the "best" version, but with these sort of VN style games, I'd rather go portable.
Ugh, thanks, I guess I'll wait to buy it on Vita if it's the better version then. And yeah, I don't have a PS4, I think it's on PC too though, but I'd rather have it on a handheld.
I guess I'll take all the Pikmin stuff since I'm not expecting new deals.

OmegaFax

Anyone else get a survey today? Simple survey just asked what characters, series, genres, and whether or not you own or are interested in Nintendo Switch.

Yes, Metroid and Samus were on the list along with Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, and Pokemon.

rUul15Nl.png

Regiruler

Anyone else get a survey today? Simple survey just asked what characters, series, genres, and whether or not you own or are interested in Nintendo Switch.

Yes, Metroid and Samus were on the list along with Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, and Pokemon.

rUul15Nl.png

I did not get one.

Zeeman

NA just got a bunch of Pikmin rewards (no animated shorts unfortunately)

• Adorable Pikmin ™ Working Together Nintendo 3DS theme (Nintendo 3DS) - 20 gold points
• 30% off on the original Pikmin (Virtual Console for Wii U) - 50 gold points
• 15% discount on Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 3 - 300 platinum points
• Online access - Pikmin 3 Prima Official Game Guide - 30 gold points
• Pikmin™ 3 Map Pack 1: Collect Treasure! Stages 7-10 - 20 gold points
• Pikmin™ 3 Map Pack 2: Battle Enemies Stages 7-10 - 20 gold points
• Pikmin; 3 Map Pack 3: All-New Mission Stages 12-15 - 40 gold points

OmegaFax

• Adorable Pikmin ™ Working Together Nintendo 3DS theme (Nintendo 3DS) - 20 gold points

I might actually jump on the mission packs. I was thinking about redownloading my digital copy of Pikmin the other day and wanted this DLC because I liked these modes.

zroid

Banned
I never bought any of the Pikmin 3 DLC, maybe I'll just splurge my gold coins on them now

oooh it's the FULL Prima guide this time, not just the stupid first chapter or whatever. That's somewhat nice.

bumpkin

Oooooh, I might bite on some of these. I'll have to fire up P3 and figure out which DLC packs I have or don't have. I can't remember if I bought them all.

The guide will be handy, too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll get the Pikmin 3DS theme. Not like my 188 gold coins have any other use at the moment.

Now where's that Kirby 3DS theme?

Steiner

Banned
Is Pikmin 3 still full-price on the Wii U eShop? I'd like to give it a go. I still have my Wii U, never have played a Pikmin game, and hear such wonderful things. Don't want to pay $50-60 though.

Pikmin 3 is part of the Nintendo Selects program and is thus $19.99.

Shiiiyyyeettt y'all. How much am I going to love this game? I'm pumped!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is Pikmin 3 still full-price on the Wii U eShop? I'd like to give it a go. I still have my Wii U, never have played a Pikmin game, and hear such wonderful things. Don't want to pay $50-60 though.

Pikmin 3 is part of the Nintendo Selects program and is thus $19.99.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So 15% off $19.99 is.....$3.

....I guess for platinum coins, that's not bad, but not a huge discount....

Regiruler

So 15% off $19.99 is.....$3.

....I guess for platinum coins, that's not bad, but not a huge discount....
It's only 300 plat, you can dig that out of your belly button.

EDIT: So the 3 pikmin DLC items constitute all the DLC for pikmin 3? I'm pretty sure I already got the battle enemies one a while ago.

BooJoh

I played and enjoyed the Nintendo Land version. I assume the game is more like that.

Just allow me to say I love the Nintendoland Pikmin game but I have bought, played, and disliked all three of the Pikmin games. Way too much micromanagement for me, but if you're into RTSs and the like you'll likely enjoy them.

tauroxd

Just allow me to say I love the Nintendoland Pikmin game but I have bought, played, and disliked all three of the Pikmin games. Way too much micromanagement for me, but if you're into RTSs and the like you'll likely enjoy them.

That was my thinking too... I will think about it. Thanks for you input!

gaiages

Banned
Huh, well I guess I'll grab the DLC, though what I played of Pikmin 3 thus far I'm not entirely sold on the game or series. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it may not be for me :p

But, I think my SO likes the series so there we go.

Top Bottom