• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Around the time you reach the second boss, it becomes apparent that you will need to grind for XP and make sure you have a team that makes at least a LITTLE sense. Trying to find the best place to grind now.

I love Komasan but his skill is the pits.

Around the time you reach the second boss, it becomes apparent that you will need to grind for XP and make sure you have a team that makes at least a LITTLE sense. Trying to find the best place to grind now.
MTE

I'm battling the same yo-kais I have on my team, that way I can raise their skill level too.

BTA

Quick, possibly stupid question- at the start is it asking for my first name, or a username?

The "don't use your real name" thing is throwing me.

Fam is complete, I finally caught Komajiro.

image.php

Forkball

Game is a lot of fun for sure. Just waiting for the inevitable wall, but until then, WHEEEE. This game really closely follows the format of Yokai Watch to the letter, but with a unique twist.

Quick, possibly stupid question- at the start is it asking for my first name, or a username?

The "don't use your real name" thing is throwing me.
It's a username. Not sure why it manners since you cannot chat with friends.
I like this way better than Pokemon Shuffle, like does not annoy me.
Edit: Also it is nice Score Attack gives XP and Yen.

I am a little bit into the second area now. It is actually pretty good. I don't know if I fully understand the mechanics, though, because of the pop X wibs missions. I have a daily for 1500, and the only way for me to get that high is to just pop the basic ones as fast as I can. I beat the first area with less than 1000 popped.

Anyway, my friend code is 1ea5geo6.

Cindro

This is like if Pokemon Shuffle were actually good

Man, I love Yokai Watch so much. There's such an unbelievable amount of eccentrically cute and colorful details throughout the franchise, which doesn't get enough credit since it was specifically designed to be a marketable multimedia property. It's almost impossible to build out a new IP from the blueprint of "let's make a successful juggernaut across television and toys and movies and games" without it feeling like a soul-sucking greed wagon, yet Yokai Watch has refused to cut corners on quality and heart to accommodate the marketing goals. That it has been so successful at both from the jump (in Japan at least) is something it doesn't get nearly enough credit for.

I hope this game (which, again, has an absurdly high level of craftsmanship and respect for player time in it, despite being a free mobile puzzle joint) helps elevate the series' status here in the states. I want that 3DS sequel to come over here quite badly.

Only downside of Wibble Wobble so far is that I haven't heard an "Oh my swirls!" voice sample yet.

Anyone got this working on a rooted device? I'm running a Nexus 4 with CM13 - pretty much the only way to use the phone now, as Google's own builds bring it to its knees.

Sproink is a lot harder in the Wibble Wobble version, any tips to taking him out, I generally know the strategy, but he seems to block his parts more often.

Ecliptor

I installed the game but it would give me a network error at the loading screen every time. I guess they are blocking IPs outside the U.S.

I'm gonna get as far as I can before I need to grind (almost there) then I'm going to start doing missions to get more friend slots. I can probably get to 13-14 really easy

Chocoboko

Does anyone know what the Yo-kai Medals button does in the main menu?

Do you just get these later on in the game? Or do they have something to do with the physical medals you can buy?

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Absolutely loving this game! The gameplay is nice and simple, the aesthetic is sublime, and it's more Yokai :)

Friend code is cywfnn0t, feel free to add!

watershed

Banned
Yeah I'm mostly impressed with how well the Yokai Watch formula and aesthetic works on mobile. This feels like a proper Yokai Watch just in a different gameplay genre, not a cheap mobile cash grab.

I just beat the 2nd area and am going back through the first hidden space. It's very interesting seeing a game like this with no premium currency at all. I got 2 A rank monsters and am trying to build a team around complementing them. I haven't had to grind...yet. Although I may do so with the scrubs to open up more Friend slots.

My Player Code is c4r1umo.

Got Roughraff and thought I was going to be able to make Baddinyan, nope. I guess there are a very limited number of fusions in this.

Got Roughraff and thought I was going to be able to make Baddinyan, nope. I guess there are a very limited number of fusions in this.
For now.

Hickey Jr.: Are there any updates planned?

Hino: You may be aware, but this app has was released in Japan in October under the title YO-KAI WATCH Puni Puni. This means that we have roughly 6 months’ worth of new stages, new characters, and new events already created. Many of these will be localized and brought to the west, but we also plan to create wholly new events specifically for the western markets.

Top Bottom