• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most unpopular opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa Kid

I love cold food and cold coffee just as much as it is hot. Everyone seems to be weirded out by that. Except fries, they’re the worst cold.

Drain You

Not giving a fuck about healthy food and drinks. I'm always eating food that def isn't good for me. Same goes for drinks, I do at least avoid sugar mostly, got a distaste or anything too sweet. I get crap for drinking from the sink too, but I think thats generally regarded as ridiculous. The criticism that is.

On GAF? I guess the whole living at home thing. There are some, some good and/or legitimate reasons to live at home when you're over 21, but I feel like a lot of people these days just think that life should be doled out to them, and they want it all without the effort or struggle, and never leave the nest because they might have to opt for a cheaper phone or, god forbid, get a roommate. Different view on needs vs. extras and expectations, I guess~

Neil Degrasse Tyson is unlikeable.

D:

Jer

While the ideal is sound, the general implementation of unions is shotty and protectionist for bad workers. It slows progress.

After yesterday's thread, I was going to post something like this. I support the concept of unions, but as an industrial engineer, I'd never work in a union shop again. The culture, especially the adversarial relationship with "management" and the resistance to change, is too toxic.

On another subject, I think society is worse off overall because of social media. It allows for walled off alternate realities, and is a major contributor to the division we see everywhere today.

I think it's possible to rehabilitate some (not all) murderers to be part of society again.

I think assisted suicide is a medical treatment that people should have the option of.

I think abortion at any stage of pregnancy should be legal.

Just a few.

g11

Tricks aren't for kids.

tenor.gif

I don't care for VR.

Cpt Lmao

Weed is a shit drug, and people who buy into weed culture are the lamest people on the planet.
We will be to AI what the Dinosaurs were to us.
Libertarianism is a political ideology for simple people.
People were tricked into hating Hillary Clinton and may have fatally crippled humanity because of it.
The right care more about political correctness than the left.

People who don't hit the gym or do any sort of sports with some regularity while they can (excluding those who are physically or mentally unable to do so) will inevitably regret it. Those who think they'd rather enjoy tasty meals than the perks that come with being athletic or jacked are largely delusional.

Razorback

Artists today are vastly superior to most (all?) of the famous painters you can think of. Picasso, Van Gogh, Da Vinci etc.

There's nothing crazy about saying something like that. There are way more people today and a much larger percentage of them are learning art than previous generations. Not to mention that they can build on prior knowledge and take advantage of modern tools.
So it's a given that we'd expect them to be better.

Yet, I'm very confident that this is an unpopular opinion to hold.

I think it's possible to rehabilitate some (not all) murderers to be part of society again.

I think assisted suicide is a medical treatment that people should have.

I think abortion at any stage of pregnancy should be legal.

Just a few.

I don't think these are really that unpopular. The assisted suicide I find really should be a real thing. I think a combination of assisted suicide and experimental treatments on the terminal should be a normal thing. Either you want the pain to end and move on or you want to try to help others as much as you can before going. Both I think would be good for society.

The only way to ensure the survival of human civilization is to end the concept of individual nations and transition to a global techno-communist socio-economic system.

If you have more than a bunch of million dollars your money should be confiscated. Not very popular.

You can bet people will bitch about anything in the world but they have a hard time accepting change will only come at cost of their own personal wealth. A better world is a poorer world for most people.

In order, from least to most unpopular:

1. Civilians shouldn’t be able to own firearms of any kind, with the possible exception of hunting rifles in very rare situations.

2. Capitalism is bad, actually. (i.e. we should work to abolish it as a system and until then the rich should be taxed relentlessly.)

3. The American military as an organization is a disgrace and our military service members are not inherently worthy of respect. In fact, the biggest things I feel when I see someone in a military uniform are disdain and distrust. The militarism, nationalism, and faux patriotism on display in America is disgusting. The level of propaganda about the military pounded into US citizens from an early age is not that far off from what happens in dictatorships like North Korea.

I don't think these are really that unpopular. The assisted suicide I find really should be a real thing. I think a combination of assisted suicide and experimental treatments on the terminal should be a normal thing. Either you want the pain to end and move on or you want to try to help others as much as you can before going. Both I think would be good for society.

In the US they are unpopular.

People who hate on anime avatars are just insecure about how much they secretly love anime.

So, like, a week before your due date? I might have to become pro-life if that were the law of the land.

Yes, because the percentile of women getting an abortion that late is staggeringly low, and they’re usually medically related.

kmax

I think that it's hypocritical to throw people in jail for smoking weed or taking steroids when it's perfectly legal to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes.

The whole "War on Drugs" debacle has been about statistics, and not constructive methods to shape our society for the better.

My love of anime is no secret and I still find anime avatars sketchy af 9 times out of 10.

That post was mostly a joke, just intended to rile people up a little, but I get what you mean haha

Oh here's one.
Neogaf isn't funny. I like the site and the posters, but nothing here makes me laugh.

I’ve seen way too many threads where everyone is #dying and I don’t find it funny at all. Give me popular greentexts over popular Gaf posts any day.

I think Rick and Morty is pretty fucking terrible. I just cannot understand the popularity here. Good for those who enjoy it though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
People, especially liberals, are too sensitive to everything.

I am all in for guns, but we need registration and records of who have guns.

I believe in capitalism and I believe that working hard will net results as I've seen it work in my life.

Well, just writing the made me feel like a republican but I swear I am not haha.

sunofsam

Catholicism/Organized Christianity is a ruse, the Roman Empire saw their end and changed their tune coopting other popular religions and myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom