• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch GAF |OT| We're just going our gang

soepje

Don't blame him.

Some are just set in their ivory tower with an average income of €2,500,- per month, so they do not give a flying fuck that the average Dutchmen and women have a hard time finding a job, has to live with an average income of €1,300,- per month while still having to provide for his/her kids.
I´m not rich by any means, but i would never vote for the SP. I don´t want Holland to turn into a communist country. GroenLinks got the right idea´s, the SP is just scary.

Also 1300 a month would roughly be the income of just one fulltime wage. Both parents could work/pay alimony or whatever. Why sould other people pay to take care of your kids (up untill some degree of course)?

Kloteweer

Banned
Pepernoten are back in stores!

7iqyg.jpg

Sadist

Clichés aside, I always hope foreigners find that Holland brings more to the table (is that also an English saying or is this Dutchspeak? :) ) than "Weed, hookers and Mayonaise on our fries"...

...although it's hard to come up with examples right now, lol!
... uh we have a Weedpass now 8]

Dreaver

I've been in the Netherlands for the past month, I'm studying abroad here until the end of December. Living here in Utrecht and starting fall courses at UU next week. Been having a great time. I've spent a few days in Amsterdam, but I've yet to experience its nightlife. Utrecht's is pretty good though. Anyone else in Utrecht?
I live close to Utrecht. I went to school there and I sometimes go out there (Tivoli as example). Right now I go to school in Amsterdam but I'd like to start looking for a place in Utrecht/Amsterdam in the future.

msv

No. Income tax, I read an interview with Roemer that said that if it was up to him, he would introduce a flat 100% income tax for everyone.
He's saying that he wouldn't do that. And it's only above certain pay grades anyway. Either way, that's about the last issue I'm concerned with. It wouldn't apply to you either from what I gather, so why is it an issue to you?

In a perfect world we would all be rich, but it isn't a perfect world. And simply going "oh, you have more then person x does, give it here" is not a solution to me.

You are right, it is not a perfect world. But in a perfect world there would not be such a widespread issue as the economic crisis in the whole of Europe. That solution you just gave is one of the many solutions to help 'the poor' for at least a couple of years.

It is not like you have to pay €200 per month extra the moment this plan gets set into motion. You will hardly feel it by the end of the year. It is the help from many who deliver only a small margin of their income to the low incomes.

And to be honest. You want to vote for the VVD while Rutte is one of the biggest liars we have right now. The political debate that happened on Monday in the Carre, where he mentioned that 'enough is enough' in terms of giving a 3rd money package to Greece. That was just hilarious.

Throughout his entire political campaign he was a dog on a leash who always said YES to giving more money and laughed about it in the progress.

hiro4

Pepernoten are back in stores!

7iqyg.jpg

Serieus? Wordt ook elk jaar weer eerder hè!
Btw we moeten ook de NS niet vergeten! ook al zeiken we hier allemaal elke dag op in andere landen is het nog 10x erger. Heeft NL niet de tweede of derde beste spoorwegen van de wereld?

Wel raar om op gaf nederlands te praten :D

hiro4

Die shit zou gewoon het hele jaar beschikbaar moeten zijn, net als oliebollen.

Ik ben het met je eens. Maar dat je als reden een gerecht gebruikt die we traditioneel nog korter eten dan pepernoten is grappig.

Anders gewoon aan de bolletje schuddebuikjes gaan. Niet helemaal hetzelfde maar beter dan niks.

En oliebollen (met rozijnen) >>> donuts.

I´m not rich by any means, but i would never vote for the SP. I don´t want Holland to turn into a communist country. GroenLinks got the right idea´s, the SP is just scary.

Also 1300 a month would roughly be the income of just one fulltime wage. Both parents could work/pay alimony or whatever. Why sould other people pay to take care of your kids (up untill some degree of course)?

You seem to forget that getting a job is beyond impossible once you reached a certain age. Trust me. I would know.

I am not talking about the CEO's sitting in their Trump tower with a minimal income of €300,000,- excluding bonuses. I am not talking about the political puppets who, when their political campaign is up, will get money from the government for 4 years without having an obligation to keep looking for jobs. I am not talking about said house owners with a swimming pool in their backyard.

I am talking about the people who have to work their asses off in construction, plumbing, teachers, daycare and more. Those are the people who are losing their jobs more and more, and it is a part of the job section where it is impossible to get a new one because the Dutch government refuses to pump money in that market to get the economy flowing.

Kloteweer

Banned
Ik ben het met je eens. Maar dat je als reden een gerecht gebruikt die we traditioneel nog korter eten dan pepernoten is grappig.
Ik bedoel dat ik ook het hele jaar door oliebollen wil kunnen eten.

...we beginnen Nederlands te praten en begrijpen elkaar niet meer. :)

msv

Serieus? Wordt ook elk jaar weer eerder hè!
Btw we moeten ook de NS niet vergeten! ook al zeiken we hier allemaal elke dag op in andere landen is het nog 10x erger. Heeft NL niet de tweede of derde beste spoorwegen van de wereld?
OV-Chipkaart cancels out any good points it may have. They made it legal for transit companies to steal, essentially. Masses of private information is being hoarded without anyone investigating the misconduct. Putting the clause that a ticket is only valid when 'checked in', in the fricking law is really absurd. Minimum of 4-10 euros on a card. The whole entire process was handled in the most unthoroughly thought out way possible.

hiro4

Ik bedoel dat ik ook het hele jaar door oliebollen wil kunnen eten.

...we beginnen Nederlands te praten en begrijpen elkaar niet meer. :)

Oh shit! :D
Misschien komt het omdat in het gehucht waar ik woonde je gewoon door het jaar heen oliebollen kan kopen :p.

Nu wil ik oliebollen.

OV-Chipkaart cancels out any good points it may have. They made it legal for transit companies to steal, essentially. Masses of private information is being hoarded without anyone investigating the misconduct. Putting the clause that a ticket is only valid when 'checked in', in the fricking law is really absurd. Minimum of 4-10 euros on a card. The whole entire process was handled in the most unthoroughly thought out way possible.

This.

Not to mention that I have had plenty of scenarios where the damn OV gates refuse to open or check me out, so I lost 4 euros a lot of times.

Don't blame him.

Some are just set in their ivory tower with an average income of €2,500,- per month, so they do not give a flying fuck that the average Dutchmen and women have a hard time finding a job, has to live with an average income of €1,300,- per month while still having to provide for his/her kids.

Hey, if they have earned it, respect to them! But have they realy earned it in comparison?
Money means jack shit to me personaly.
The difference in classes is what bothering me.
Everyone is free to have fun and do shit that we are able to do in this free country, yet we're 16 million "Bondscoaches" who all know it better. Me included :)

All that matters to me is respect and discipline.
Everyone is free to life live to it's fullest, without any interference from others.

hiro4

I was talking about the railway system actually. Not the company it self. I travel by train almost everyday an the OV chip is so bad on so many levels they can't even start to fix it.

The basic things like how long it takes to check in or the fact that you have to stand still to check in instead of moving along or the fact that you can still bypass the gates is ridiculous. Like most things recently here they haven't really thought about it or tested it.
Fuck now im annoyed :D

This.

Not to mention that I have had plenty of scenarios where the damn OV gates refuse to open or check me out, so I lost 4 euros a lot of times.

Dat is mij meerdere keren overkomen en die moederneukers willen het niet vergoeden. RET = dieven.

Als ik binnen 1.5 maand geen werk heb ga ik denk ik richting utrecht verhuizen. Moet toch iets!

Waarvoor ben je afgestudeerd? In sommige gebieden heb je meer geluk dan anderen.

Hey, if they have earned it, respect to them! But have they realy earned it in comparison?
Money means jack shit to me personaly.
The difference in classes is what bothering me.
Everyone is free to have fun and do shit that we are able to do in this free country, yet we're 16 million "Bondscoaches" who all know it better. Me included :)

All that matters to me is respect and discipline.
Everyone is free to life live to it's fullest, without any interference from others.

I see what you are getting at but then there are people who say 'I studied my ass off for 10 years, so I am obligated to have a lot more money then the one who has to pick garbage from the street the entire day'

I am fine with people saying things like that but not when said waste collector has to work for 70+ years instead of 65 because they want to up the pension. Have they ever taken into consideration that some jobs are practically impossible to do after you reach a certain age?

msv

The basic things like how long it takes to check in or the fact that you have to stand still to check in instead of moving along or the fact that you can still bypass the gates is ridiculous. Like most things recently here they haven't really thought about it or tested it.
Fuck now im annoyed :D
Argh, I hear ya. Really try not to think about it anymore, pissed me off too much.

Week ago, there was this girl that had a weekend OV-Card I think and was traveling on a weekday. She had bought a paper ticket with discount, and the conductor had the nerve to say that it wasn't valid in combination with the card (must use the card apparently). He let it pass, but it was pretty clear that if it wasn't so crowded, he'd have given her a fine. Rahhh

Boozeroony

Afgestudeerd in medische biochemie en forensic science. Met twee masters werk ik nu bij de klantenservice van bol.com..

Boozeroony

Serieus? Dat is echt belachelijk. Ik weiger zulk werk te verrichten.
Na 4 maanden werk ben ik nu senior. Beter dan een gat in je CV. Straks trekt de boel weer aan en ben je blij dat je die ervaring opgedaan hebt.

En ja, boven de 20 euro geen verzendkosten. Mits je geen 2ehands boeken in je winkelwagentje hebt. We verkopen nu ook condooms en dildo's trouwens. Doe er je voordeel mee.

Na 4 maanden werk ben ik nu senior. Beter dan een gat in je CV. Straks trekt de boel weer aan en ben je blij dat je die ervaring opgedaan hebt.

En ja, boven de 20 euro geen verzendkosten. Mits je geen 2ehands boeken in je winkelwagentje hebt. We verkopen nu ook condooms en dildo's trouwens. Doe er je voordeel mee.

Ik heb vaak last van een postmeneertje die het verstandig vind om alles in mijn brievenbus te proppen ook al past het niet. Denk niet dat het dan verstandig is om zoiets te bestellen :p

Boozeroony

Klaag bij PostNL. Daar hebben we bij bol.com een shortcut voor: ##klachttnt##

Als t niet past, bestel dan een pompje glijmiddel!

Aiii

So not worth it
Onder welke categorie vindt je die dildo's. Ik zoek onder Speelgoed, maar daar staat het niet volgens mij.

Top Bottom