• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Trogdor1123

Ah yeah! To find co-op help, there's nothing to do other than wait around in human form (in an area with an undefeated boss), looking for summon signs. I imagine wait times can be pretty bad, given how old the game is and how many Soulsbourne titles have followed.
Absolutely, it's the best one though I'm.

I just beat the dragon Lord. Good fun. Now to do 5-1.

Just started playing Demons Souls. Got it back then but never realy played it. I actualy own all souls games but only finished Bloodborne and only started the rest but never played far.

Now I just beat the Phalanx and I mastered the next area and entered the next boss fight. And holy shit this Tower Knight guy is realy hard. When I first saw him I was about to panic.

Just started playing Demons Souls. Got it back then but never realy played it. I actualy own all souls games but only finished Bloodborne and only started the rest but never played far.

Now I just beat the Phalanx and I mastered the next area and entered the next boss fight. And holy shit this Tower Knight guy is realy hard. When I first saw him I was about to panic.
You're free to do any of the areas now you've defeated Phallanx if you're having trouble with 1-2. 2-1 is especially beneficial.

Trogdor1123

Tower knight is a joke if you use ranged combat. Let me know if you need help though. I can do summon and help.

Edit- actually I doubt I can. I'm probably over leveled.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I'm wandering around the internet thinking about Souls games as I'm wont to do. I come upon the first OT for this game. Now, I bought and beat Demon's Souls about a month after the US release (thanks to gaf), but I missed out on the prerelease hype. I've been combing through the old OT perversely enjoying myself with my current-day knowledge that no one back in 2009 could have. It's been great fun and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a stroll down memory lane.

Cheers to the game that started it all!

Trogdor1123

So I'm wandering around the internet thinking about Souls games as I'm wont to do. I come upon the first OT for this game. Now, I bought and beat Demon's Souls about a month after the US release (thanks to gaf), but I missed out on the prerelease hype. I've been combing through the old OT perversely enjoying myself with my current-day knowledge that no one back in 2009 could have. It's been great fun and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a stroll down memory lane.

Cheers to the game that started it all!

Has anyone come up with, and documented, a "perfect" run (or probably 2) to get everything done in 2 playthroughs?

So I kind of want to get back into this game... but remember very little about it. This was the very first souls game I ever got in to, I remember it being pretty punishing. I did beat it, but I wimped out and rolled a royal, grabbed the crescent sword, and magicked everything to death. I remember vividly two-shotting the boss of the swampy area with firestorm at 6 fps :D.

This game got me into Souls and I've since beaten all of the Dark Souls games multiple times, but I've never actually gone back to Demons Souls.

I'd like to revisit it... how can I get a 2H str build going (if this is even good for Demons Souls). Are there some must-have weapons I can get in 1-1 or 2-1 for this kind of thing?

I also remember this game being quite unforgiving, no bonfires right in front of bosses for this one... sound about right? (I remember having to farm healing items).

**** EDIT: Okay, so I cleared 1-1, got the bastard sword and upped it to +3 with the stones from 2-1.. using it 2H and doing decent damage with it. The game is easier to do well with after spending all of the time learning Dark Souls. Sure is a lot missing from the combat in Demons Souls though, in terms of moves, combos, ripostes, etc. It seems a lot more basic. And I find its pretty hard to time rolls correctly.

Not doing to badly, I made it to 2-1 but man that spider is still so tough!

I'm not sure what's wrong with my game though, in both 1-1 and 2-1, once items were broken (crates, etc), the audio just kept chopping up, like a CD that was skipping. The game still played (framerate dropped a bit), but boy was it annoying! Anyone have that happen? My disc seems fine, no scratches or anything. I hope it isn't a sign of my PS3 dying :(

Trogdor1123

So I kind of want to get back into this game... but remember very little about it. This was the very first souls game I ever got in to, I remember it being pretty punishing. I did beat it, but I wimped out and rolled a royal, grabbed the crescent sword, and magicked everything to death. I remember vividly two-shotting the boss of the swampy area with firestorm at 6 fps :D.

This game got me into Souls and I've since beaten all of the Dark Souls games multiple times, but I've never actually gone back to Demons Souls.

I'd like to revisit it... how can I get a 2H str build going (if this is even good for Demons Souls). Are there some must-have weapons I can get in 1-1 or 2-1 for this kind of thing?

I also remember this game being quite unforgiving, no bonfires right in front of bosses for this one... sound about right? (I remember having to farm healing items).

**** EDIT: Okay, so I cleared 1-1, got the bastard sword and upped it to +3 with the stones from 2-1.. using it 2H and doing decent damage with it. The game is easier to do well with after spending all of the time learning Dark Souls. Sure is a lot missing from the combat in Demons Souls though, in terms of moves, combos, ripostes, etc. It seems a lot more basic. And I find its pretty hard to time rolls correctly.

Not doing to badly, I made it to 2-1 but man that spider is still so tough!

I'm not sure what's wrong with my game though, in both 1-1 and 2-1, once items were broken (crates, etc), the audio just kept chopping up, like a CD that was skipping. The game still played (framerate dropped a bit), but boy was it annoying! Anyone have that happen? My disc seems fine, no scratches or anything. I hope it isn't a sign of my PS3 dying :(
Had the same issue with mine but I playing a digital copy.

Great game. Having trouble with the two gargoyle bosses. Might try Firestorm...

All these years of playing DeS and only watching this video do I find out about this particular wall jump in 1-1.

Not sure what it would be useful for, playing cat and mouse with invaders maybe. But fun to find something I didn't previously know of nonetheless, especially in 1-1!

gogosox82

All these years of playing DeS and only watching this video do I find out about this particular wall jump in 1-1.

Not sure what it would be useful for, playing cat and mouse with invaders maybe. But fun to find something I didn't previously know of nonetheless, especially in 1-1!

Who is that? That isn't Lobos but it went to his channel?

Edit: Nvm. its his brother.

I'm watching EpicNameBro play this in NG+ and shit this game does not fuck around. NG+ Maneaters and NG+ black phantom squid heads are fucking deadly. If you're in soul form and you get a partial parry, you're fucking dead...god damn.

Yeah, Demon's NG+ is savage.
I always remember Yahtzee's incessant whining over the difficulty during his first Demon's review. I'd love to hear that Yahtzee play NG+ Demon's. ENB pretty much coasted through NG...but...that's not happening on NG+ now I can't wait for the Flamelurker fight...fights...he's most likely not beating NG+ Flamelurker on the first try. "THIS IS DEMON'S SOULS" after he gets killed for a partial parry...shit was golden.

Top Bottom