• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Sadist

wd6SE.jpg

ooh what's this game, looks cool, anyone know where I can buy it??
I have a copy.

No joke.

I wish I could understand what they are saying ;_;

And Ema is annoying. Maya forevah! And oh Trucy is pretty cool.

Thread needs more inexplicably hunky Gumshoe from the movie.

AceAttorney2012JAPDVDRipx264AC3-zdzdzmkv_snapshot_004009_20120909_172815.jpg

Seriously, just look at the guy.

Also the movie is finally OUT ON BLU-RAY (in japan).

And no Phoenix Wright thread is complete without mentioning that Shu Takumi, the series mastermind, did an equally as memorable job on Ghost Trick, which everyone in the world should buy and enjoy.

Finally great job Beef. I love this series so much. I can't wait for the movie to get released in the U.S. I think I'll start a series replay around that time and keep a close eye on that AAI2 fan translation.

Sadist

It's heart breaking she fails her forsensics exam in the future and became a grumpy snacks eater.
I think that was my biggest disappointment regarding AA4; every time I talked to Ema I just wanted to punch her :( Apollo's comments were pretty funny though. But I wanted Gumshoe to return.

Hope Gummie will return in AA5. We need him. Or a less grumpy Ema will suffice. I guess.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just started the series earlier this year. I;m on the last case of the 2nd game but I haven't touched it in a monthish. Should probably get to that...

L00P

Are spoilers allowed in this thread? Because I still can't get over the fact that this huge-ass bust somehow managed to fit itself under the wheelchair. And Mr. Hat. I mean, where does this little kid pull that thing out of? The magic panties? How does that shit WORK?

Sadist

Hopefully he returns in AA5.
You are good people

Are spoilers allowed in this thread? Because I still can't get over the fact that this huge-ass bust somehow managed to fit itself under the wheelchair. And Mr. Hat. I mean, where does this little kid pull that thing out of? The magic panties? How does that shit WORK?
Well hello their Wesley Sicko

tumblr_marm31Rjis1qkpnrw.gif

You can't hide behind those books anymore!

Taruranto

Oh, i'm playing Trials and Tribulations right now. I didn't know about
Edgeworth in the last chapter,
i was like "Holy Fuck!". I'm such an
Edgey-Poo
fanboy. <3

The Tutorial with Mia
and ch4
were a pleasant surprised too. She's another great character.

Also, do we all agree Justice for All is the worst one? Fucking clown.

Wow, what perfect timing for this thread! I literally finished AA4 minutes before this thread was created, completing my replays of the main series. And I have concluded that AA4 is the best game in the series. Because, I feel like it.

Also I have a question about the ending of that game...
Why was the reporter guy in solitary confinement in the epilogue? It didn't seem like he was simply investigating.

Also edit: is there a website for the fan translation of AAI2? Other than the one that hasn't been updated since 2011?

Vamphuntr

It's still more believable than the crossbow/rope/fan thing from the last case of AAI. That was probably the most hilarious and less believable explanation in the series since AA3 case 5.

Yes you do. Best videogame movie of all time.

What're everyone's favourite breakdowns (spoiler-sensitive, of course)? I really like
Luke Atmey's
, but moreso for the dialogue than the animation.

Spoilers for AA3 Case 2 within; skip to 4:00.

Rookie Killer Payne's breakdown by far. In a series where some of the breakdowns include head banging and damned exorcisms, that one still stands as the most entertaining one for me.

I hope AA5 has some nice ones.

BlackJace

Tag all spoilers, please. There are some
unfortunate
people who haven't played the games yet.

Check the OP.

Ace Attorney and Trauma Center were the sole reason I got a DS. I have great memories of playing the series, and I replay them every year or two.

I've enjoyed every single entry, even Apollo, which seems to be shit on a lot. I'm still bitter we never got AAI2. Very bitter.

No. Best third case is in AAI2.

I still personally prefer Recipe. AAI2's third case was great, but Recipe's writing was spot-on and the witnesses and villain were great if you could suspend your disbelief a little.

Playing as Gregory was ace, though.

Top Bottom