• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Smash Wii U Screenshot Reveals Metroid: Other M Stage ~ Pyrosphere

If Smash is suppose to be a celebration of Nintendo, then an Other M stage akin to celebrating the day your parents were murdered.

And there goes any interest I had in the WiiU version...

340xeyeroll.gif

Anyway didn't deserve a topic, but the feeeeels from Ridley being basically out does maybe.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't click on that thread, echo-chamber of character wish lists and boring speculation, so this is news to me.

There is daily picture on OP and it will automatically updated when the new picture coming up. You don't have to worry about looking through the thread for the image or just go to supersmashbros.com if you feel like.

Yeah and I won't play as Samus anymore.

Good, I support this. I actually heard if enough people refuse to play as Samus in the new Smash Bros. game that Nintendo will revoke the canonization of Other M entirely. Go HERE to sign the official Anti-Samus petition.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'd like to know this as well.

Pilot Wings looks interesting though.

Stages appear to be more interesting than a first glance will lead you to believe. For example the Zelda stage looks like a platform hovering around Skyloft, but if you look at other screenshots it actually appears the characters are able to fight and interact on the surface of Skyloft itself. I'm hoping this is the case with other levels as well.

Darryl

Banned
New stages of SSB games seem to be Base+ 2, 3 or 4 platforms and new background. Where are the planet Zebes, Earthbound, Starfox type stages that were creative ?

i'm guessing the ones with the floating platforms finish quicker in development so they're ready to show off earlier. more likely though they're showing us the tournament level stages to reaffirm us that the game is going to be competitive ready

tranciful

Wow I thought the whole point of having a smash on both WiiU and 3DS was to have cross-platform play.. and that's not even happening any more?

Berordn

Wow I thought the whole point of having a smash on both WiiU and 3DS was to have cross-platform play.. and that's not even happening any more?

It was never the intention. They've had different stages from the start. There's communication between the two, but no cross-play.

Tenki

If the choice is between getting Other M shit in my Smash and no WiiU version I'll happily skip and get to the superior 3DS version (granted it doesn't have Other M shit smeared in it).

This is the most stupid thing I've read in some time.

If the choice is between getting Other M shit in my Smash and no WiiU version I'll happily skip and get to the superior 3DS version (granted it doesn't have Other M shit smeared in it).

man, i hate Other M as much as everyone but the "stages" were not the problem.

NewGame

Banned
It feels dirty having that stain of a game placed into Nintendo's mascot brawler. It's bad enough the 3DS version has to put up with the ho-hum Zelda titles as levels.

Kandinsky

So you want the 3DS version to hold back the Wii U one even more?, I'm so glad Sakurai didn't go the PASBR way with this one.

NotLiquid

Other M being represented instead of something like Metroid Prime 3's Elysia makes me mad.

Lord knows I hate Other M more than any other game.

But hot dang if they didn't do a damn good job making it look nice. Smash Bros Wii U is quickly shaping up to be the best looking Nintendo game ever. I mean look at that lighting, good lord.

Ithil

People aren't actually serious with this "this stage is from a game I don't like therefore this other game the stage is in is bad", surely?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bigger news such as new levels and new characters get their own thread. NeoGAF has a policy against mega threads. We don't want news to get stuck on page 125 of some big thread. New news new thread. Surely a member from 2010 would know this much?
Well since this thread was made today rather than yesterday (when it was new news) shouldn't it focus on today's new of outlines being optional in the 3DS version?

daakusedo

The game is more colorful than brawl but for this stage, the colors have been toned down, this area is more orange red with red neon columns in the background that are not there anymore, likely put in the underneath part of the main platform.

Well since this thread was made today rather than yesterday (when it was new news) shouldn't it focus on today's new of outlines being optional in the 3DS version?

What does that have to do with anything? Why didn't you create this thread yesterday then, and why don't you do a thread about your stupid outlines?

Oh God it doesn't.
Like, AT ALL.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bowser alone is 200 times better than Brawl.

While I don't agree with him -- this game does indeed look better than Brawl -- that screenshot is awful. It looks like it's taken off-screen of a terrible TV. Maybe using composite cables or something? It looks ten times better for me.

Mael

man, i hate Other M as much as everyone but the "stages" were not the problem.

They were part of the problems certainly, then again it had so much problem it was hard to keep track of them all.
And I'm not skipping on the next SSB, just the WiiU version so far.
Not like I had much of an interest after the travesty that was brawl in that regard.

I have smash bros wii, and graphics are hardly its main selling point but somehow i was expecting a bit better maybe....although these games usually look better in motion...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What does that have to do with anything? Why didn't you create this thread yesterday then, and why don't you do a thread about your stupid outlines?
Just wondering what is considered new news when you have daily updates. No need to max out the cheeky meter.

Probably better off with a weekly roundup.

While I don't agree with him -- this game does indeed look better than Brawl -- that screenshot is awful. It looks like it's taken off-screen of a terrible TV. Maybe using composite cables or something? It looks ten times better for me.

I changed it with a better one, or at least the best I could find.

Coolwhip

Banned
I have smash bros wii, and graphics are hardly its main selling point but somehow i was expecting a bit better maybe....although these games usually look better in motion...

You can also bet 1080p at 60fps will look amazing in person for this type of game.

Mr. Fix

So I'm guessing the OP was fishing for shitting posts?

At the very least, the stage looks better to play on than all the previous metroid stages.

Top Bottom