• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
madara_s_dance_by_tristtrist-d6f30fp.gif

Well that was an intense episode that made the filler feel so worth it. Really hyped for all the things upcoming for Madara to do. For this episode his dance was one of his many great parts, that Susano'o
it really had six arms and then could do three faces like that? and then the Meteorite part, two of them even. Somehow it made Naruto seem weak (especially when Rasenshurikan was absorbed

Annnnnnnnd it was AWESOME. Can't even remember the last time we got such a fun episode. Looked nice, made me actually feel like Madara was a threat, sounded great, just a good time all around. I am not a fan of the war arc, but more episodes like this might change my tune. Thought it was way better than the manga too.

Pimpwerx

The last episode I watched was the one where the Cloud Village's gold/silver brothers got sealed in the goard and Asuma got sealed by InoShikaCho. Is it worth marathoning to catch back up to the present? I'm up to date with the manga, but didn't know if the anime did any of the war justice. PEACE.

Spongebob

Banned
The last episode I watched was the one where the Cloud Village's gold/silver brothers got sealed in the goard and Asuma got sealed by InoShikaCho. Is it worth marathoning to catch back up to the present? I'm up to date with the manga, but didn't know if the anime did any of the war justice. PEACE.
Yes, but skip all the filler (except maybe the Chikara mini arc).

Tritroid

Finally an amazing episode out of this whole war ordeal. I don't think we've seen animation that fluid with such fast-paced fight scenes since the Sakura/Chiyo/Sasori episodes.

Even some of the music sounded completely new, and downright menacing at points. It really added to the 'helpless' feel they were going for against Madara. Looks like the big 5-Kage fight is coming up.

I still don't think I fully understand how the Rinnegan is the natural evolution of the Sharingan...
unless, if I remember right from the manga, it takes the combination of Senju and Uchiha DNA for it to actually work...right?

madara_s_dance_by_tristtrist-d6f30fp.gif

Well that was an intense episode that made the filler feel so worth it. Really hyped for all the things upcoming for Madara to do. For this episode his dance was one of his many great parts, that Susano'o
it really had six arms and then could do three faces like that? and then the Meteorite part, two of them even. Somehow it made Naruto seem weak (especially when Rasenshurikan was absorbed

OMFG.

In the last 10 years of watching Naruto this is one of the top five pinnacle.

After all the years of talking about the legendary predecessors to the current Ninjas of Konoha, this did not disappoint.

I loved the rough animation. Splendid, teamwork on the army. So much better handled than the Pain fight. Brilliant! Very brilliant.

also.. I saw some of these latest fillers. they where actually very good. What the fuck is going on? Ive been out of the loop for the last six months! damn!

OMFG.

In the last 10 years of watching Naruto this is one of the top five pinnacle.

After all the years of talking about the legendary predecessors to the current Ninjas of Konoha, this did not disappoint.

I loved the rough animation. Splendid, teamwork on the army. So much better handled than the Pain fight. Brilliant! Very brilliant.

also.. I saw some of these latest fillers. they where actually very good. What the fuck is going on? Ive been out of the loop for the last six months! damn!
Hey that one episode in the Pain fight was AMAZING. And yeah, I've been saying the "filler" has been solid!
you guys are hyping me to the extreme.
Hype is justified, get watching!

Kyzon

Def one of my favorite episodes. I didn't even like Madara all that much until I saw this. The fight was beyond amazing!

Pein

Banned
Hey that one episode in the Pain fight was AMAZING. And yeah, I've been saying the "filler" has been solid!

Hype is justified, get watching!
Fist bump brah, that pain ep was great.

I just finished watching this episode, easy top 5 episode for me, what a spectacle. They really conveyed what a unstoppable force Madara is, makes a itachi and sauce look like defective uchiha. Seriously no episode has been this good for years.

OMG

Sooooooo exciting! :D

I say this all the time when people shit on Naruto because of fillers, but its like, yes some of (seemingly) endless filler is the lowest of the low but man you put up with it because the highs of Naruto are like highest of the high. :O

When this excite shit is happening I'm glad to be a Naruto fan. Sasuke/Itachi, the fight against Pain, the fight against the Nine Tails/father & mother backstory... these are some of my most favorite moments in any show not just anime.

I envy anyone who just starts watching after its finished or something and can go right through the series skipping all the crap and just straight on to the next awesome one sorta thing.

You know its good when the episode ends and you actually whine 'nooooooo' out loud because you want more and don't want to have to wait till next week. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
OMG

Sooooooo exciting! :D

I say this all the time when people shit on Naruto because of fillers, but its like, yes some of (seemingly) endless filler is the lowest of the low but man you put up with it because the highs of Naruto are like highest of the high. :O

When this excite shit is happening I'm glad to be a Naruto fan. Sasuke/Itachi, the fight against Pain, the fight against the Nine Tails/father & mother backstory... these are some of my most favorite moments in any show not just anime.

I envy anyone who just starts watching after its finished or something and can go right through the series skipping all the crap and just straight on to the next awesome one sorta thing.

You know its good when the episode ends and you actually whine 'nooooooo' out loud because you want more and don't want to have to wait till next week. :lol

Especially when you know the quality of the next episode is gonna suck hard.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
BTW the same guy who animated the pain Vs naruto fight everyone loves to hate also animated this ep, if I'm not mistaken.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 323 – The Five Kage Assemble

More hyped for next week from the preview and just the final moments in episode when the best song played and Naruto was all pumped up
that headbutt, cant wait

Kage standing proudly proclaiming We Will Win was great.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 323 – The Five Kage Assemble

More hyped for next week from the preview and just the final moments in episode when the best song played and Naruto was all pumped up
that headbutt, cant wait

Kage standing proudly proclaiming We Will Win was great.

Yeah but the animation in this did not deliver.

Tsuchikage and Gaaras faces where off. Madara felt more like a power ranger villain. I wanna see his bad ass Taijitsu and Ninjitsu. Not that weird purple thing just aimlessly hitting the ground. He shouldn't take Kages lightly, when he himself could not even beat the Hokage of his own village. It's arrogance, that I did not expect Madara to have.

Last weeks episode was one of the best episodes I have ever seen of an anime. Look at this shit:

Man, this is getting good. This war arch started to drag when they were just bringing people back and talking them into seals and shit. Looks like the fun is gonna begin.

From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows... There was a scene in the new episode where they animated the wrong mouth flap. Love it.

phaze

I assume we're safe from manga spoilers here ? (Got burned badly on youtube comments D: ). New watcher here, I went through like 400 hundred episodes these past 2 months, enjoyed it very much. Cried like a bitch on episode 249. Feels weird having to wait a week for a new episode.

Yes, you are safe, generally speaking. Still be mindful though, at times people will say things and it's extremely easy to put 2 and 2 together. Or use a spoiler tag that is very obvious to see through as another example. Pretty safe though. Good folks in here.

Welcome :)

I assume we're safe from manga spoilers here ? (Got burned badly on youtube comments D: ). New watcher here, I went through like 400 hundred episodes these past 2 months, enjoyed it very much. Cried like a bitch on episode 249. Feels weird having to wait a week for a new episode.

OMG its been over a year since the ep aired! It feels like earlier this year :/

OMG its been over a year since the ep aired! It feels like earlier this year :/

I watch that 'arc' every few months so it always feels like it just aired lol, soooooo good. My favorite thing in Naruto, seeing the story from that moment finally was so awesome.

I don't read the manga (super spoiler avoider) so I get really excited over the anime still when its not filler heh, every week its like hurry up I want more story!

324 – The Unbreakable Mask and the Shattered Bubble
tumblr_mr7mj9pS6X1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Interesting choice of content for the episode. Quite sure they skipped ch563, touched on 564 and ended with a hint towards 565 while placing filler flashback content in this. I think it wasnt bad as the water jutsu bubble guy was alright and had touching story though still would have liked more fighting. Next week ought to deliver.

Really just hyped to see Naruto v the other Jinchuriki

phaze

Yes, you are safe, generally speaking. Still be mindful though, at times people will say things and it's extremely easy to put 2 and 2 together. Or use a spoiler tag that is very obvious to see through as another example. Pretty safe though. Good folks in here.

Welcome :)

:D Thanks !

EP 234: Nothing much really happened. Of course they put flashbacks to the the only filler I skipped.
Seeing other Jinchuiriki makes me wonder, I don't think they ever explained in anime, why have we never seen "Tailed Beast Mode" similar to Naruto's? Bee or others never showed anything like that.

Khezu

Hopefully Naruto vs the other jins has some quality animation.

Usually when ever Naruto gets a fight, they always skimp on the budget.

man i was so pumped for episode 324. I was thinking "alright here comes the big battle with Madara and the jinjuriki!" then all of a sudden 3/4 of the episode is a flashback to the bubble guy........

like why?? why was that even there!

Pretty lacking episode, flashbacks went on too long but maybe its just cause I'm so excited for the 'current' stuff everything else that comes on I'm like OK WRAP IT UP AND GET BACK TO IT sorta thing now lol.

We never got to see bubble guy actually fighting the Akatsuki in the filler did we? I can't remember at all, I just remember being wow @ at the happy happy ending then LOLNOPE /Painfinish.

So I guess that was cool?

I really wanna know whats the deal with Madara/Tobi, oooone day they'll get to it!

man i was so pumped for episode 324. I was thinking "alright here comes the big battle with Madara and the jinjuriki!" then all of a sudden 3/4 of the episode is a flashback to the bubble guy........

Pretty lacking episode, flashbacks went on too long but maybe its just cause I'm so excited for the 'current' stuff everything else that comes on I'm like OK WRAP IT UP AND GET BACK TO IT sorta thing now lol.

We never got to see bubble guy actually fighting the Akatsuki in the filler did we? I can't remember at all, I just remember being wow @ at the happy happy ending then LOLNOPE /Painfinish.

So I guess that was cool?

I really wanna know whats the deal with Madara/Tobi, oooone day they'll get to it!
I kinda dug it because yeah, that arc just ended. We never saw the fight, and the anime has done a solid job of expanding the roles of the jinchuriki the manga completely ignored.

LordAlu

I can understand why - It would seem strange if Naruto didn't recognize or acknowledge Utakata in front of him since they'd already met once before in anime filler, hence the flashback episode. They couldn't quite follow the manga since they'd never met in that.

Still, it was an okay episode and if I'm really looking forward to this war arc continuing!

Episode 325 – Jinchuriki vs. Jinchuriki!
tumblr_mrklh40cTO1qbxqfpo3_500.png
tumblr_mrklh40cTO1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Naruto v Fourth Jinchuriki using his kekkaigenkai really made me have to not watch this in the dark, it got so bright but was pretty epic, especially with some Itachi in the flashback thrown there.

Ending
completely forgot Guy sensei and bushier brow sensei show up in this. I thought Masked Man made contact with Naruto and then broke free, guess I remembered canon wrong, so that was surprising

Great to see the other Jinchuriki being fleshed out. I just feel like that each of them deserves their own Kakashi Gaiden explaining them and what they are about. I want their full story.

Also because, Killer Bees Eight-Tales seems to know the lady who got cut.

LordAlu

Also because, Killer Bees Eight-Tales seems to know the lady who got cut.
If you look at her headband you can see she's from Kumogakure, the same village as Bee. Earlier in the series it was also mentioned how they'd sent search parties to find her when she went missing. So it's very likely Bee actually knew her. :)

phaze

Great episode. Since we're seeing more of the other Jinchuiriki I hope they will shed some light on the Mizukage and his reign. Also does Tobi/Madara needs to materialize and touch someone to suck them in ? I could swear he "warped" someone in the past without touching him.

Edit: He sucked in one of Danzo's bodyguards without making contact.

LordAlu

Great episode. Since we're seeing more of the other Jinchuiriki I hope they will shed some light on the Mizukage and his reign. Also does Tobi/Madara needs to materialize and touch someone to suck them in ? I could swear he "warped" someone in the past without touching him.

Edit: He sucked in one of Danzo's bodyguards without making contact.
I think he needs to actually be materialized to do it, so he usually grabs them to ensure he can get them. Plus sucking them in only seems to work at a very short range, so he needs to be sure they won't retaliate. Seems to be more a safety thing on his part so he only materializes when he's sure he can do it.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 326 – Four Tails, the King of Sage Monkeys
tumblr_mrxjyfwPy51qbxqfpo1_500.png

Why only in the first thirty seconds of the episode, wanted so much more of my favorites, Suigetsu even, and Sasuke. Rest of the episode was hilarious
inner Kurama drama and his feelings on his Naruto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom