• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mindlog

Wait, are you saying there's actual good guns now? really? lol.
I'm successful in end-game content with a far greater variety of weapons than ever in Destiny's history. As an example ARs have never excelled in raids while in Leviathan they're a very strong choice for many encounters.

The only categories left behind right now are Pulse Rifles and Grenade Launchers.

Gjallarhorn was long held as one of Destiny's golden guns. However, it boiled down to a fire-and-forget rocket that did insane damage. Wardcliff also does tremendous damage, but requires more finesse to achieve maximum value. You are going to have to close distance and actually aim to clear crowds. You are going to have to really close distance to hit bosses reliably.

Wardcliff > Gjallarhorn
They need to bring back bars. Need to see easier who is lagging and if on purpose or whatever.

I'm up to do prestige NF.
Me! 301 and I've never even tried a prestige NF.
Team?
Fjordson PSN same as GAF?

Fjordson

I'm successful in end-game content with a far greater variety of weapons than ever in Destiny's history. As an example ARs have never excelled in raids while in Leviathan they're a very strong choice for many encounters.

The only categories left behind right now are Pulse Rifles and Grenade Launchers.

Gjallarhorn was long held as one of Destiny's golden guns. However, it boiled down to a fire-and-forget rocket that did insane damage. Wardcliff also does tremendous damage, but requires more finesse to achieve maximum value. You are going to have to close distance and actually aim to clear crowds. You are going to have to really close distance to hit bosses reliably.

Wardcliff > Gjallarhorn

Team?
Fjordson PSN same as GAF?
PSN is Durgerz

Fjordson

Oh we've played together before. You in offline mode? Don't see you.

No mic, but stuff is easy. I'll hit the left ring to open the door. To damage the boss I'll be spamming waves at the back of the room.
Sweet. And my bad, finishing an update, didn’t know there was one. Should only be a minute or two.

RPG

I don’t know if anyone is helping out with Prestige NF tonight. Lvl 295 warlock could use help with a 1st run.

PSN Starky27

Fjordson

Man thanks for that Prestige NF. You guys completely carried my ass.

I get so scared of dying in Nightfalls that I end up sort of running around and not doing much lol...I need to get better.

Mindlog

lmao Kadey. Nice finish.
Fun run Durgerz. Thank you for helping me out. One more to 20.
I don't know if anyone is helping out with Prestige NF tonight. Lvl 295 warlock could use help with a 1st run.

PSN Starky27
If we get another one I will run.

Sending invites: full and Azolith

when is the next Faction Rally?

If we don't get a Faction Rally this month, I quit this game

I'm going to guess it will start on November 7th. This gives the PC version time/space to breathe a bit (launch week and then a week to introduce the Raid followed by Faction Rally week and then probably Iron Banner, all this spanning the next four weeks).

I'm going to guess it will start on November 7th. This gives the PC version time/space to breathe bit (launch week and then a week to introduce the Raid followed by Faction Rally week and then probably Iron Banner, all this spanning the next four weeks).
what a crock

Faction Rally should be 24/7

not once every two months.

I played Destiny 1 with all my three characters pledged to seperate their respective Factions.

god damn it.

what a crock

Faction Rally should be 24/7

not once every two months.

I played Destiny 1 with all my three characters pledged to seperate their respective Factions.

god damn it.

That's just my guess, nothing official although I believe it's a pretty safe assumption as I doubt they want to do any kind of "event" during the first two weeks of the PC version.

RPG

lmao Kadey. Nice finish.
Fun run Durgerz. Thank you for helping me out. One more to 20.

If we get another one I will run.

Sending invites: full and Azolith
Thanks Mindlog, ch4fx got to me shortly after I posted.

Thanks to ch4fx and Tacoz for guiding me through that NF so quickly.

Mindlog

No problem, happy to hear. Was ready to run another after I found another that needed it as well.

You can't kill that with cluster bombs.
Kadey: "Hold my beer."
3hL0ARA.gif

v1perz53

Lawl just finished the Nightfall with literally 1 second left 2 man with my brother. Was his first time doing Pyramidion so not too upset, but I kinda cheated with invis Nightstalker. Why can't every week be Torrent...
Just hit 304 on my hunter, only missing hunter cloak. I have a feeling I'll be stuck at 304 for several weeks, is what it is I guess.

My big concern is all the feedback is going to return a lot of useless guns (random rolls) and the 80 hour XP grind to fully unlock new gear. Blegh.

Anyone need Prestige Nightfall?

Honestly I'm not sure we could have more useless guns than we currently have. A couple youtubers did some polling, and of the >150 total guns we have, only ~25 were listed as worth using. That isn't even guns classified as good, that is "worth using". So right now, probably 8% good guns, 8% worth using but not good, 84% bad. Random rolls would probably leave us with a bigger range, with some guns being god rolls, some being excellent, some being good, some being acceptable, and some being bad/terrible. Hard to tell if this would lead to more or less total guns being good, but it would definitely mean that some guns right now that aren't worth using could roll perk sets that could make them worth using in the future.

But I don't think purely back to random rolls is the answer. I just wouldn't mind if there was a chance that guns right now that seem cool but are bad have a chance to roll perks making them actually good.

First time finally getting to do the Night Fall and it was a good time. Me and my bro finally got the Rat King with 15 seconds left. Yesterday we tried Prestige mode just for the hell of it to get the trophy and couldn't get it done in 4 attempts. Kept screwing up with bad strat at the boss I guess. Made it with 4 and a half minutes to the boss but we just kept getting wiped in the final phase when there are ads everywhere and waste the remaining time on respawn. Don't think I can do it again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best place to farm Cabal kills for this stupid shotgun?
Castellum.

Also, not sure if they fixed this, but before if you had a Wardriff Coil, you could switch to it, get one box of power ammo, then switch back to the shotgun to get all your ammo back. Saves a tremendous amount of time if the game refuses to drop any ammo.

Castellum.

Also, not sure if they fixed this, but before if you had a Wardriff Coil, you could switch to it, get one box of power ammo, then switch back to the shotgun to get all your ammo back. Saves a tremendous amount of time if the game refuses to drop any ammo.

Still works and is basically the only way to guarantee heavy ammo for most of raid.

deadduck

That was not a major issue. If people could buy the stuff the wanted they would be finished with the game even faster than now. That doesn't stop the game from being dead for most people.

It was when you have to get 50 ranks for the stuff you want. Didn't do much else that week.

Alot of people quit after realising it would take alot of packages to get what they want.

There is a balance and that hasn't been found yet.

So much better to have a boss that doesn't turn invisible and disappear every time you take a bit of its health

Seems a good nightfall to do the rat king quest if anyone wants to try that later

Dantis

Have they said when we can expect the next new event? Not got much interest in continuing the grind for the sake of it.

Top Bottom