• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Strimei

Good lord I had no idea this phone minigame thing existed. Jesus Christ.

Its like if Danganronpa and that Galgun game had a baby with a yakuza godfather.

edit: On Pat's Prey stream right now:

Some person: "Pat, I'm being tempted by WoW again. How'd you stop smoking the crack?"
Pat: "I just traded it for different crack (aka FFXIV). Probably not the best person to ask about this."

Some person: "Pat, I'm being tempted by WoW again. How'd you stop smoking the crack?"
Pat: "I just traded it for different crack (aka FFXIV). Probably not the best person to ask about this."

Next time he should tell them to upgrade to a modern game, like Melee. Or at least a game with good graphics, like Minecraft.

I don't even know why I watch their friday fite game vids. They bore me to death, so much that I've been setting the speed to 1.5x just to get through them. I guess it's being at work and not having much else to do.

dh4niel

I don't even know why I watch their friday fite game vids. They bore me to death, so much that I've been setting the speed to 1.5x just to get through them. I guess it's being at work and not having much else to do.

I have the same issue with the friendcast. I'd actually fall asleep listening to it. I watch the last one live on Twitch and that helped a lot.

viz25lR.png

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
For real, I know everyone has different opinions on the quality of the LP's these last months, but I think this is probably their strongest trio of LP's in a long time. I'm enjoying the shit out of all of them right now.

joe2187

Banned
Oh wow....they actually made generic micheal jackson knockoff actually black...like he was during the thriller age.

That's actually pretty impressive for a japanese dev.

Fat4all

Banned
Yakuza is turning into one of the goats.
NitW is very enjoyable, especially due to the pairing of W+M.
LA Noire though isn't doing anything special for me, but I blame the game itself on that.

Oh wow....they actually made generic micheal jackson knockoff actually black...like he was during the thriller age.

That's actually pretty impressive for a japanese dev.

Japan mostly remembers 80's MJ.

And even then they were all about that David Bowie life instead.

Exodust

Banned
Yeah, the LP's lately have been pretty strong. No Danganronpa or Megaman Command Mission among them.

Plus I enjoyed the Dark Souls LP. Good run so far.

Strimei

Been trying to figure out what the little mimics reminded me of in Prey, and now I know: they're like poison/fast headcrabs.

Man, considering what today's Yakuza episode is about, it's fucking retarded that Pat & Woolie ever considered a Persona 5 LP on top of Yakuza. Pat would burn out on both LPs at some point just because of the sheer amount of stuff to do.

Xux

This Prey game looks pretty neat.
They should have a theme this season of quoting Snailborne every episode.

Roussow

I'm in a shitty place where I don't want to watch the Yakuza LP because some time shortly I actually want to get into the series and that seems like the best place to start. I have Night in the Woods sitting on my PS4 with about 15 minutes playtime and I'm desperate to get back to it. L.A Noire is a great choice, so much so that I want to say fuck the LP and start that game again for myself, I haven't played it since 2011, I wouldn't remember any of that game if I were to replay it today.

I'm trying to like the NitW LP but I can't stand them reading every single line of dialog.

Really? I think it's a much better way to do it than skipping over lines or talking over the dialogue in the game like the usually do. This way I don't have to divide my attention between what they're saying and what the game is saying, like in the Telltale LPs they do.

Fancolors

Really? I think it's a much better way to do it than skipping over lines or talking over the dialogue in the game like the usually do. This way I don't have to divide my attention between what they're saying and what the game is saying, like in the Telltale LPs they do.
Well, it's just that I don't find Matt's voice very good for reading dialog. And if they are reading it, I would rather have them read it normally. But that's just me.

Even though they're terrible at voice acting, Matt and Woolie doing it through out Night in the Wood's dialogue has made it one of the most fun LPs to date. If they had just read it normally then I think I'd personally find it to be a really dull LP. Matt is at his best when he's having fun, followed by when he's being tortured. It's when he's bored that it's not very entertaining. And Woolie plays best off of Matt when they're both having a good time doing something.

Xater

Yo, have the Friends mentioned anything about doing something with the story modes of Injustice 2 and Tekken 7? I'd be interested in watching that.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
o_O, fucking wasting a 1M on Spinning when your only making 3.7M altogether.

I... shit, did they talk about their money? How much they actually make? Because if these motherfuckers are making a million dollars each I might legit vomit. I thought my 600 dollar paycheck was good this week and I'm about to be broke again from car repairs.

Dekutulla

I... shit, did they talk about their money? How much they actually make? Because if these motherfuckers are making a million dollars each I might legit vomit. I thought my 600 dollar paycheck was good this week and I'm about to be broke again from car repairs.

it's yakuza 0, man, it's the real estate side-thing

Matsukaze

Yo, have the Friends mentioned anything about doing something with the story modes of Injustice 2 and Tekken 7? I'd be interested in watching that.
I seem to recall Pat saying in one of his DS2 streams that he has no interest in Injustice 2, but if Matt or Woolie wanted to go for it, he would probably give in.

Top Bottom