• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass Announced

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm alright with this, Borderlands' DLC was mostly great with some hints of disappointment and meh. I have faith in Gearbox to make that DLC worth the time and money.

legbone

borderlands is three for four when it comes to dlc. count me in on this. cannot wait for this game. loot chest edition preordered. my birthday is the 21st of sept. i will be playing this all day that day. guiness and borderlands 2. can't wait. wish the mechromancer was out at launch. it's really the only class i want to play as. can't decide between the others.

Chuck

Still without luck
Considered for a second but nope. Not giving anyone money without knowing what I'm getting even if they have a past of delivering.

Nope.
Plus, I'll likely end up getting it all for 4 bucks during a Steam Sale.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Please make it free for anyone for pre-ordered the game.

Wait, I might be asking for a bit much.

snap0212

The first one is one of the few games this gen that got DLC right. Bought all the packs.

I'd purchase season passes if I trusted devs/publishers but I don't so I'll have a look at what they're selling before I give them my money.

epmode

Goddammit. I have this thing where I refuse to buy games with season passes at launch. Because even when the DLC is all worthwhile (and it almost never is) season passes are still an awful practice.

...but I already picked up the 4-pack at a discount.

Including PC? By the time the last one comes out, all the previous ones will have been 50% off in some Steam sale or other. Then they will appear as 'Deal of the Week' on Xbox in 2018.

Considered for a second but nope. Not giving anyone money without knowing what I'm getting even if they have a past of delivering.

Nope.
Plus, I'll likely end up getting it all for 4 bucks during a Steam Sale.

Yup.

I really liked most of the Borderlands 1 DLC, but the Moxxi Arena DLC was terrible. I guess the pass basically gives you one dlc free (probably), but I'm not going to take the chance that there might be more than one bad egg in the bunch.

Saints Row 4 for example had really bad DLC for its season pass (I liked the Gangstas in Space one, none of the others). Thankfully I got a discount on the pass so I didn't waste too much money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Yeah, I would say you are. Pre-ordering the game should get you every bit of content made every the game comes out? sure, one dlc or something would be nice. But ALL of it?

Chris R

Would consider, but seeing as I'm paying full price for the 360 version (why no pricedrop yet amazon :( ) of the game now I'll just get them as part of the GOTY edition for the PC sometime late next year.

burgerdog

I'm not sold on the season passes yet. You really don't know what you'll be getting so it's a small gamble. I would much rather pay the $15 upfront when a new dlc is out if it's actually worth buying.

legbone

whether or not the mechromancer is included in this is a very good question. if it is, i will pass and just pick up the others individually.

Carl

Still would never buy a season pass. Why give them my money for something that may turn out shit?

Not to mention they usually go on sale after all the DLC is out.

Since I got the game for $32 I might consider it as it would still be cheaper than buying it day one at a local store.

Won't buy it though, I'll just wait for Steam summer sale and playthrough it again.

Ceebs

Even if it is all great, I will just buy it as it comes out. I hate even preordering PC games as it means I am giving them all my money well in advance of the game even releasing.

Not to mention I have no clue if I will still care to play more BL2 by the time these roll out.

BigDug13

They've added way more hooks into the software to make DLC bad ass. BL1 didn't even start with any way to add DLC content, they had to patch that capability in after the fact. New characters as well as new areas may be what we see this time, and they're well aware of what worked and what didn't work content-wise last time. No more Moxxi crap as a DLC pack.

It's completely possible that if they really add big areas as well as new playable characters, they won't be coming out at the $10 DLC price point, probably closer to $15 or $20, which would make the season pass more of a must buy.

Orayn

Getting one for sure. If DLC for the original game is any indication, the total content will easily equal that of a $30 expansion pack.

Naughty Dog destroyed all my faith in any good season pass ever. Fuck you ND and no thanks Gearbox.

Never buy anything if you do not know what it will be.

F U ND

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why not give the people that buy your first 3 packs the fourth one for free? It's a lot easier to digest that. Oh, because they realize most people will get bored after the first two and still be stuck paying for it.

AndyD

aka andydumi

We are already getting the Mechromancer class, I doubt this will be in there. Plus it goes on sale on Steam relatively quick.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Why not give the people that buy your first 3 packs the fourth one for free? It's a lot easier to digest that. Oh, because they realize most people will get bored after the first two and still be stuck paying for it.

Doesn't the first Borderlands have the highest attach rate for its DLC on 360? Doesn't help your theory.

They've added way more hooks into the software to make DLC bad ass. BL1 didn't even start with any way to add DLC content, they had to patch that capability in after the fact. New characters as well as new areas may be what we see this time, and they're well aware of what worked and what didn't work content-wise last time. No more Moxxi crap as a DLC pack.

It's completely possible that if they really add big areas as well as new playable characters, they won't be coming out at the $10 DLC price point, probably closer to $15 or $20, which would make the season pass more of a must buy.

I am glad that there is the possibility of getting more characters to play as (hopefully we get more than just the Mecromancer). With any luck they'll be able to include fast travel in the B2 DLCs. B1's couldn't do it for whatever reason.

see5harp

I have the PC version that I scored for $37 and the 360 version coming from Gamefly. Will buy DLC when it is all bundled on sale for next Summer.

Orayn

Doesn't the first Borderlands have the highest attach rate for its DLC on 360? Doesn't help your theory.

I would add that the only difference here is the option to pre-order, since BL1 also had four pieces of $10 DLC that were sold at a discount together. (At least on PC.)

Top Bottom