• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Blaming the director? Not sure the actors are that great that they'd be hindered by the direction, but who knows.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Summon-Night-6-Lost-Borders/side-by-side/

Kyle McCarley, Patrick Seitz, Kira Buckland etc are excellent voice actors. But it seems like they just got minor roles. The bigger ones are not even listed according to the site, so who knows who they are.

But even the best ones can deliver bad lines if the directing is not there.

I don't know what's my most anticipated Vita release of 2017 at this point... I'm pretty hyped for Danganronpa V3, Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, Collar x Malice and Root Double.

My order would probably be Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu, Danganronpa, and Mary Skelter. Utawarerumono 3 is there somewhere too, I just haven't started the 2nd yet to know how I feel about the series. If we were to get DT2-2 somehow as well....well, it would probably be my number 2.

One of the announcements is possibly going to be an otome game - XSEED mentioned it in an interview.

Ha. I could see it being English Detective and it entirely skipping Vita =/

I hope I'm wrong. I've become very cynical about XSEED lately but I suppose they still have released Fate & Akiba this year. I'm hoping they surprise me in a good way with their E3 announcements, by which I mean even mentioning Vita would be a good surprise.

https://youtu.be/Hwz916YdnMg

The SN6 Dub sounds horrible. What happened there? According to behind the voice actors there are many great actors behind the project, but the acting and directing is just terrible.

Yeah, that's bad. Doesn't bother me though, I'm used to questionable VA in games. Reminds me of the good old days tbh (maybe that's what Vic was going for, lol).

My order would probably be Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu, Danganronpa, and Mary Skelter. Utawarerumono 3 is there somewhere too, I just haven't started the 2nd yet to know how I feel about the series. If we were to get DT2-2 somehow as well....well, it would probably be my number 2.

Chaos;Child > Tokyo Xanadu > Ys VIII > DanganRonpa V3 > Collar x Malice

I would throw Muv Luv in there, but who knows when the hell that is coming out. Same with Root Double - I'm looking forward to it, but a lack of media or any kind of promotion is letting it slip to the back of my mind.

(I suppose you could say the same about Collar x Malice, but I know Aksys will deliver, whereas I'm questionable on Sekai and Muv Luv)

Saphirax

Ha. I could see it being English Detective and it entirely skipping Vita =/

I hope I'm wrong. I've become very cynical about XSEED lately but I suppose they still have released Fate & Akiba this year. I'm hoping they surprise me in a good way with their E3 announcements, by which I mean even mentioning Vita would be a good surprise.

Yeah, that's bad. Doesn't bother me though, I'm used to questionable VA in games. Reminds me of the good old days tbh (maybe that's what Vic was going for, lol).

Chaos;Child > Tokyo Xanadu > Ys VIII > DanganRonpa V3 > Collar x Malice

I would throw Muv Luv in there, but who knows when the hell that is coming out. Same with Root Double - I'm looking forward to it, but a lack of media or any kind of promotion is letting it slip to the back of my mind.

(I suppose you could say the same about Collar x Malice, but I know Aksys will deliver, whereas I'm questionable on Sekai and Muv Luv)

Yeah, I have a feeling that if they do announce an otome game it'd be PC only. Made even worse by the fact that Aksys and IFI are localizing them for the vita so there really shouldn't be any reason for XSEED to skip it.

Shizuka

Just bought Play-Asia's last copies of Sword Art Online Hollow Realization (Europe) and Xblaze: Lost Memories. Games are getting pretty rare and I don't even own digital copies of those games, so it was an easier decision for me.

Shizuka

Is this getting harder to find? I need to pick it up myself. Should get on that sooner than later.

Pretty hard to find, at least it was when I checked last week. The cheapest was a third-party seller from Amazon US for $50. I got it for $40 from Play-Asia today.

Ventara

Pretty hard to find, at least it was when I checked last week. The cheapest was a third-party seller from Amazon US for $50. I got it for $40 from Play-Asia today.

Damn, should have gotten it when Base still had it in stock. Might have to go to Heavy Arms for this.

Jimrpg

The SN6 Dub sounds horrible. What happened there? According to behind the voice actors there are many great actors behind the project, but the acting and directing is just terrible.

LOL - I'm guessing but they probably had a limited budget for the dub meaning they probably didn't do that many takes on lines.

It's not that bad. Luvaid just sounds crazy. It's seems pretty close to Akibas Trip and I thought the dub there was pretty good for the most part.

Is this getting harder to find? I need to pick it up myself. Should get on that sooner than later.

If you guys need help with this kinda stuff and don't mind pre-owned copies, you can just hit me up and I'll see what I can ship from the UK.

I've found eBay is super helpful with that though. I've already bought games which I thought would be impossible to find copies of (non-budget version of Tales of Innocence R; Gundam Breaker 2)

oldmario

i think hollow realization will probably get a reprint around june/july whenever the other SAO game is out, this happened last year with lost song being very hard to get and then around the time of hollow realization releasing it suddenly started popping back up in stock

Ventara

If you guys need help with this kinda stuff and don't mind pre-owned copies, you can just hit me up and I'll see what I can ship from the UK.

I've found eBay is super helpful with that though. I've already bought games which I thought would be impossible to find copies of (non-budget version of Tales of Innocence R; Gundam Breaker 2)

Thanks Kresnik! Think I will take you up on that. Will first check what I'm missing, so I'll PM you a little later.

Olengie

Ill keep that in mind. Thanks pal

Danganronpa V3, Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth, Ys VIII. What else? Mary Skelter? Chaos;Child?

I think Chaos;Child is for September. I hope Mary Skelter is coming earlier, but somehow I think it's getting delayed aswell. MeiQ was released last september, seems like a god spot for IFI.

My wallet will cry, that's for sure.

Man and people gave Peter Dinklage shit for his line delivery as ghost in Destiny (before Nolan North redubbed). *sigh* It is like they just found some random people who are putting together a high school play. Like the voice acting for the guy who is supposed to be insane lines up with a much older, feebler character than what looks like a Knight in his prime. Not to mention the rest of the lifeless/dull VA.

Guess that audio is being turned off for me too.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't know what's my most anticipated Vita release of 2017 at this point... I'm pretty hyped for Danganronpa V3, Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, Collar x Malice and Root Double.

Ys VIII is definitely the best game here. Not that the rest aren't damn fine, of course. It's a bit of a shame that it and Tokyo Xanadu are somewhat overshadowed by their PS4 versions with more content...

Speaking of E3, also expect a few Vita announcements at AX.

Jimrpg

A few days ago, there was a clearance for about half a day at JB Hifi. This is in Australia. Sword Art:HR was AU$10 (US7.50).

I only picked up World of FInal Fantasy and Uncharted: GA. I was going to pick it up but felt like I was never going to play it anyway.

The manager at the store had put all the VIta games on sale for $10, then must have got a call from head office to tell stop the sale and pull them from the shelves. I managed to just get those two copies. But they had a stack of Sword Art:HR. Now I have no idea where they distributed those copies.

sibarraz

Banned
Finished the main quest of shiren the wanderer. If were not for this forum I would have never played it, glad to have discover this game.

After finishing the main quest what else could I do?

Finished the main quest of shiren the wanderer. If were not for this forum I would have never played it, glad to have discover this game.

After finishing the main quest what else could I do?

Go back to town and start the 2 dozen or so challenge dungeons with 100 levels each lol. There's also several npcs that pop up after you finish the story that also have their own dungeons they send you to. Just keep in mind that most optional dungeons do not allow you to take outside gear in with you. You actually want to put it all in your bank before trying them, because if you don't then it deletes anything you're holding before you go in (the one thing I disliked about the game because I got screwed twice on it).

sibarraz

Banned
Go back to town and start the 2 dozen or so challenge dungeons with 100 levels each lol. There's also several npcs that pop up after you finish the story that also have their own dungeons they send you to. Just keep in mind that most optional dungeons do not allow you to take outside gear in with you. You actually want to put it all in your bank before trying them, because if you don't then it deletes anything you're holding before you go in (the one thing I disliked about the game because I got screwed twice on it).

Those dungeons take too much time?

Those dungeons take too much time?

The 100 floor ones aren't too bad considering you take them on 10 floors on a time, so even if you fail at later floors, you're not set back hours. As for the other dungeons from npcs, I'm not sure. I honestly just finished the story and took a quick look at some of them and decided to shelf it for a while, knowing that I'll go back to it at some point due to there not being many roguelikes that catch my interest on Vita other than this one.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/868201196623974400

Our next release #PSVita after Plague Road will be an HD remake of a PSP game that never came out. This is how the PSP version looked.

DAx4VVcXkAAnZdd.jpg

it's physical on both platforms, you even get a soundtrack CD on both free too

Any source/confirmation? I just found a tweet by Pqube saying that there will be a physical release, but they didn't mention the plattforms for some reason. But maybe I'm just paranoid...

Last time I counted I had 310 Vita (physical) games. And I've got another 10+ since then (not to mention the LRG stuff on its way)... Yeah, even if Sony never release another handheld I'm set for life!

joe2187

Banned
*bats eyes in a flirty fashion*

I wish there was an easier way to figure out how many I've got digitally. Physical is easy, but that's another story.

Go to the PS Store site on PC

replace the URL with this

javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);

Make sure the "javascript:" Posts or it wont work. submit

You can sort how many games you have with PS+, Add-ons, what is compatible with PSTV, and other media content you've purchased or downloaded as well as view vita, PSP, PS3, PS4 only lists.

Click on the Light blue logo on the bottom left corner of the screen.

psdle3.jpg

For example. I know I have purchased 163 Vita games with 86 of them being PS+ titles.

37 PSP titles with 12 of them being PS+ offers

and 26 PS1 titles with 6 being PS+ Titles.

NDPsycho

Last time I counted I had 310 Vita (physical) games. And I've got another 10+ since then (not to mention the LRG stuff on its way)... Yeah, even if Sony never release another handheld I'm set for life!

263 physical here, think I can make 300 by the time English releases stop coming out. I have only a few Japan region releases though. Always wanted to learn the language when I was younger, just don't feel like putting in the time now.

Ventara

It would be awesome if you guys can post pictures of your collections. I love seeing a bunch of Vita games all lined up. I'll post mine up soonish.

I've got 120 Physical games, and I accidentally ordered two copies of "Slain! Back from Hell"

whooops.

"Accidentally," sure ;D

Top Bottom