• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Flipnote Studio

theluma

IwataAsks2.png

Right I'm off to bed :)

thefro

Never knew Miyamoto had to do all this character art back in the old days, although it makes sense since he was a jack of all trades.

That explains why Mario looked different all the time (same with Link), since they farmed out the package art to someone else.

It would be interesting to see some of Miyamoto's original drawings of Link and Mario (besides the Super Mario Brothers Famicom box art he did).

And you can tell Kotabe's been a *huge* influence on the company that hasn't gotten his due.

theluma said:
Thanks for the link. The original video died for me at the 6:15 point leaving me in suspense.

Volume 8 left me with a few questions in my head. Yoichi Kotabe did some animation for Super Mario Bros 2./Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario USA including the mentioned carpet one saying how frames had to be cut. From what I remember Doki Doki Panic had less animation frames than the other versions of the game. Who did the extra animation frames? It almost seems odd, original animator does 10 frames, games uses 3, internation release of game uses more...drawn by ????? (probably someone else).

Also, Volume 8 was great for another example of unintentional character design (the whole Bowser Ox thing).

thefro said:
Never knew Miyamoto had to do all this character art back in the old days, although it makes sense since he was a jack of all trades.

That explains why Mario looked different all the time (same with Link), since they farmed out the package art to someone else.

It would be interesting to see some of Miyamoto's original drawings of Link and Mario (besides the Super Mario Brothers Famicom box art he did).

And you can tell Kotabe's been a *huge* influence on the company that hasn't gotten his due.

Volume 8 is really interesting, love to read those Iwata Asks. :D

The Hermit

GDGF said:
The I was watching guy is going to become a meme. I can feel it.

GDGF
Soothsayer
(Yesterday, 07:31 PM)
Reply | Quote

Whoever is the mod who gave you this tag is a genius, cause this isn't the first time your tag is quoted.

This Iwata Asks is very interesting (as is the resulting meme) and it gives me great hope that Europe and America will get it during the next round of DSi updates...

...but I read this:

Ninomiya said:
The Nintendo DSi, however, has a stylus, so you can draw pictures more easily, and with Nintendo DSi Camera you can easily take photos and add them straight into what you're making, so I feel that we will be able to reach a point that we couldn't have on our own*.
(*Editor’s Note: Features using the Nintendo DSi Camera are different from the Japanese and European versions.)

I wonder if it'll be gimped in non-Japanese releases? Or maybe just European release?

(Living in America, while I'll feel bad for Europeans if theirs is gimped, it would be nice to see the N.American release not gimped... but at least it is still free.)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Baiano19 said:
GDGF
Soothsayer
(Yesterday, 07:31 PM)
Reply | Quote

Whoever is the mod who gave you this tag is a genius, cause this isn't the first time your tag is quoted.

:) Yeah, we've got some cool mods.

Why would you do that? said:
I wonder if it'll be gimped in non-Japanese releases? Or maybe just European release?

(Living in America, while I'll feel bad for Europeans if theirs is gimped, it would be nice to see the N.American release not gimped... but at least it is still free.)
Wanted to post the exact same question. Doesn't sound that great tbh.

Top Bottom