• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

Spazznid

I'm getting pretty worried, myself.

I've heard both sides of the story. Some say GS sent them systems a bit in advanced in the past. Some say reps told them their system (Wii U) would be sent friday, and with next day, get to them saturday. I also hear that we won't get until Monday because Sunday is evil day of no bringing joy to people in the form of ups deliveries...

Please, oh lord of gaming and please, Shigeru Miyamoto. Please get me my Wii U on time!

Do we know yet if out of the different accounts you can have, you could set up a US, Japanese and UK one on the same console? It's all 60hz now right, so it should be good to go? (ha ha ha yeah right!)

Rich!

So, I've got a Wii U preordered on amazon. Never used them for preorders before - when should I expect the money to be taken out? 28th? 29th?

I hope they get it delivered on time. Got the 30th-2nd booked off!

lol. I hope so. If I go into Best Buy on Sunday and throw my receipt at them and I don't get a Wii U thrown back at me, I'm gonna be like "but this guy on GAF said not to be crazy".

In Canada, people with Day 1 preorders are being informed they won't receive their system at launch. Albeit, they are lower rung stores (The Source, Shoppers Drug Mart).

I was the first to preorder at Toys R Us. I'll be pissed if I don't get one at launch.

dock

I wonder which items to get with my pre-order.

The necessity for wii remote plus for multiplayer is a bit of a concern. I wonder my wiimotes with motion plus addons will suffice.

I'll probably hold off on the the Pro Controller until I have a game that uses it. Same goes with an external hard drive.

dock

So, I've got a Wii U preordered on amazon. Never used them for preorders before - when should I expect the money to be taken out? 28th? 29th?

I hope they get it delivered on time. Got the 30th-2nd booked off!
They'll take it when they ship, so probably 28th, to arrive 30th.

I wonder which items to get with my pre-order.

The necessity for wii remote plus for multiplayer is a bit of a concern. I wonder my wiimotes with motion plus addons will suffice.

I'll probably hold off on the the Pro Controller until I have a game that uses it. Same goes with an external hard drive.

Yeah, Wiimotes with the WM+ addon will work fine in games that require it.

Effect

Are we suppose to be getting anything from IGN this week regarding Wi U games? Videos or reviews or has that all been pushed back to the 18th?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Are we suppose to be getting anything from IGN this week regarding Wi U games? Videos or reviews or has that all been pushed back to the 18th?

Ninja Gaiden Review on the 13th, NSMBU/NintendoLand review on the 15th, everything else on the 18th.

I'm not sure what else they will be doing this week, but Rich did say that he expects the NintendoTVii, E-Shop, Miiverse, Internet Browser, etc. update should go up sometime before the weekend.

I've searched and maybe I just missed this, but any news of if the Wii U will be able to play movies from my external harddrive? I'm kinda just assuming it'll be able to

luffeN

I don't really know where to post this, but I just talked to a Gamstop manager in my town in Austria. One shopping center with Media Markt and Gamestop will get a total of 5 Wii Us for walk-in customers. If you didn't pre-order by some time ago then you will have to wait till Christmas for a new shipment.

Very poor assumption to make.
Well I know the Wii could play some video formats through the photo channel, and I was looking at screens of Tvii and just hoping Nintendo has this option in Tvii. I mean they are trying to support all these media services, and have it be your one stop for entertainment

enewtabie

Gamestop is charging cards for their preorders. I preordered mine as soon as it went up that day. Don't they normally charge when it ships?

well crap, didn't see it's happening to others.

AndTAR

Oof. So the Danish Nintendo distributor is auctioning off a Wii U which will be delivered 1~2 weeks before launch. It should end at about 30% over the retail price - but 100% of the money (not just the profit) goes to a children's cancer foundation.

Must admit I'm rather tempted.

MicH

Oof. So the Danish Nintendo distributor is auctioning off a Wii U which will be delivered 1~2 weeks before launch. It should end at about 30% over the retail price. But here's the thing: 100% of the money (not just the profit) goes to a children's cancer foundation.

That is rather awesome. I must admit that I've been quite tempted myself, but my £199 Premium Wii U at Amazon UK made me think otherwise :p

Netto-kun

Oof. So the Danish Nintendo distributor is auctioning off a Wii U which will be delivered 1~2 weeks before launch. It should end at about 30% over the retail price - but 100% of the money (not just the profit) goes to a children's cancer foundation.

This one? Bergsala Norway is doing something similar. And Nintendo Land and NSMBU are also included in those auctions.

codhand

Gamestop tried to charge me but my Amazon Chase credit card thought it was fraud and denied it. Had to spend some time on the phone sorting it out, according to Gamestop's 800 number I wasn't the only victim.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Should I preorder zombieU and NSMBU? The price of zombieU is horrible but that latest quick play makes me really want it. But you know it'll be half price in a month. And NSMBU I'm curious about downloading, and it seems small enough to not take too long

Gamestop tried to charge me but my Amazon Chase credit card thought it was fraud and denied it. Had to spend some time on the phone sorting it out, according to Gamestop's 800 number I wasn't the only victim.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't use my Amazon Chase card to secure my pre-order. I would have been pissed. This is exactly why I have 2 of these things pre-ordered. Between credit card snafus and retailers being stupid I'd hate to lose my pre-order due to someone else's incompetence.

codhand

Wow, I'm glad I didn't use my Amazon Chase card to secure my pre-order. I would have been pissed. This is exactly why I have 2 of these things pre-ordered. Between credit card snafus and retailers being stupid I'd hate to lose my pre-order due to someone else's incompetence.

Not gonna lie, I panicked for a decent amount of time. Suggestion is to let your CC companies know the charge is incoming....
Gamestop give 24-48 hours for you to sort it out with the CC people or use a different card, so that's good, but good luck trying to get through to anyone on the phone in these types of situations.

Not to mention Chase found nothing wrong with my going on a dive bar tour of rural Maine, but a purchase at Gamestop.com, oh no, huge red flag apparently.

I told myself I would hold off on it but the hype is starting to get to meeeee.

Maybe I'll be a manchild and ask for one on Christmas lol. That way I won't go crazy looking for one as they will be all sold out making me wait.... Yeah

In Canada, people with Day 1 preorders are being informed they won't receive their system at launch. Albeit, they are lower rung stores (The Source, Shoppers Drug Mart).

I was the first to preorder at Toys R Us. I'll be pissed if I don't get one at launch.

Doh. I've got mine with Game Centre. I'm gonna hope that doesn't include them, but deep down I know it probably does.

Doh. I've got mine with Game Centre. I'm gonna hope that doesn't include them, but deep down I know it probably does.

I have my name down at Game Centre too, just in case. Have they confirmed yours? I think I was pretty far down on the list and when I asked them how much they thought they would get they weren't sure at all. I'd prefer to buy from them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I've talked to the one doing the OT. It's currently in discussion with the mods how it shall be posted.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Rosti has already said he will post it in the next day or so, in order to limit the number of "My Body Is Ready" posts before actual launch :)

I'm picking up some WiiU games tomorrow, so I better have somewhere to post the pictures at! :p

Top Bottom