• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix man gives up his firearms after Vegas attack and receives death threats.

TaterTots

Banned
I didn't see a thread about this, but it should be shared. A man from Phoenix turned over his firearms to the local PD and shared it on FB. Not long after he received death threats that made him so uncomfortable his family left town for a few days. Its his right to turn over his firearms and share it. It's completely fucked up he received death threats for sharing this.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/phoenix-man-posts-photos-of-giving-up-his-guns-gets-death-threats/481212566

What are your thoughts GAF?

ApharmdX

Banned
Disgusting but typical here in America. In Maryland, the first gun shops that carried firearms which had biometric locks on the trigger received death threats from gun nuts.

Firearms are a religion to us.

Good on this dude for being a part of change, though.

TaterTots

Banned
Disgusting but typical here in America. In Maryland, the first gun shops that carried firearms which had biometric locks on the trigger received gun threats.

He made a good point about if he made a top 10 list of the most important things in his life, guns would not be listed. The same for me.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Seems par for the course for this country.

Hope the dude and his family stay safe and if push comes to shove, looks like he can piece out to the UK with no issues.

malyce

Human beings are fucking morons. And to think there are people who actually believe we are the most advanced species in the entire universe.

This type of shit reinforces the fact that these people should not have guns.
Yeah, it's amazing how these nuts swear that they're misunderstood but end up showing their ass just the same.

"stop making gun owners look bad or I'll kill you"

It's no wonder some people become misanthropic.

I didn't see a thread about this, but it should be shared. A man from Phoenix turned over his firearms to the local PD and shared it on FB. Not long after he received death threats that made him so uncomfortable his family left town for a few days. Its his right to turn over his firearms and share it. It's completely fucked up he received death threats for sharing this.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/phoenix-man-posts-photos-of-giving-up-his-guns-gets-death-threats/481212566

What are your thoughts GAF?

If it's his right to own the weapons, it's also his right to get rid of his weapons for whatever reason he see's fit.

I completely agree the people making these death threats should not have access to firearms. Should definitely be charged with a felony.

If dude wants to give up his guns and post on social media good for him. People are allowed to have a change of heart. I mean I ain't getting rid of my shit but good for him!

Hjod

Banned
If he kept his guns at least he could have defended himself..

/s

I'm guessing it was the American Taliban that threatened him?

I completely agree the people making these death threats should not have access to firearms. Should definitely be charged with a felony.

If dude wants to give up his guns and post on social media good for him. People are allowed to have a change of heart. I mean I ain't getting rid of my shit but good for him!
Thank you. We need more gun owners like you who are able to look at this discussion rationally and not see everything as a personal attack.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If he kept his guns at least he could have defended himself..

/s

I'm guessing it was the American Taliban that threatened him?

I almost think that's what these nuts were going for.

We'll see how well you can defend yourself without guns...

TaterTots

Banned

Yup. He gets rid of his guns in a proper manner and receives death threats that make his family so uncomfortable they leave town for a bit. The only people that would throw a fit over that is 2nd Amendment nuts. Which are typically gun owners, obviously.

ban all guns except for bolt-action hunting rifles

I agree now. At one point in time I owned a semi automatic rifle. Never shot the thing once, because it didn't fit my needs. I sold it, but wish I would of turned it into the local PD at this point. Not sure what most people need outside of bolt action rifles and double barrel shotguns at this point. 2nd amendment was to protect yourself from a crazed military/government in the 1700's(muskets). We have nuclear submarines now. Those guns aren't doing shit even if something insane happened.

KarmaCow

Remind me of this:
TvaTS6u.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
I was watching a new report and this woman had her uncle die in the Vegas attack but it didn't change her stance on gun control and she was still pro-gun.

There's something clearly wrong if guns are so deeply ingrain US culture and people using the second amendment, which in my eye is so woefully outdated, to support their argument.

The guy did the right thing and it's a shame that the response was a threat on his life, which honestly furthers his argument on gun control.

Kill the apostate! These maniacs aren't as far removed from ISIS as they'd like to think they are.

Disgusting.

Make no mistake. These people are the American Taliban/ISIS. Their whole shtick is to project their flaws and shortcomings onto others or lash out violently against the flip side of the same coin (because there can only be one reigning authoritarian group).

Will there ever be a point in time where making death threats online is considered no different to make them in public? These people aren't even anonymous.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Will there ever be a point in time where making death threats online is considered no different to make them in public? These people aren't even anonymous.

We should be there already. Problem is each state gets to make their own rules, and some state officials agree with these nuts.

Bakercat

I love how some on GAF not from the US think we can get people to sell or give up their guns. This is just a sample of what would happen if we tried what other countries have done swiftly. Not saying doing nothing will be better, just that we as a society need to take a different approch to fixing this gun problem. It's gonna be a hard road, especially with such vase ignorance and lobbyist in control and having a voice.

Maebe

Surely death threats will convince people they are not dangerous and there is no issue with american gun worship

I was legit wondering if this person was even an American and voila. The guy is a dual citizen. This isn't schadenfreude, but I wonder what he thinks of American gun culture now after receiving death threats for doing something as harmless as giving his guns to police. You'd think he'd donated them to Black Lives Matter with the reaction he got.

I love how some on GAF not from the US think we can get people to sell or give up their guns. This is just a sample of what would happen if we tried what other countries have done swiftly. Not saying doing nothing will be better, just that we as a society need to take a different approch to fixing this gun problem. It's gonna be a hard road, especially with such vase ignorance and lobbyist in control and having a voice.

It's going to take people to actually have some balls and not be scared that everything is trying to kill them.

In other words, not changing anytime soon.

Zen Aku

So odd question but. Does he get compensate for turning in his guns? I mean those probably cost a bit of money.

Diablos

Lol it’s his right to do that if he wanted. It poses no threat to gun ownership. People are getting so dumb it’s just, UGH.

Disgusting but typical here in America. In Maryland, the first gun shops that carried firearms which had biometric locks on the trigger received death threats from gun nuts.

Apostasy must be punishable by death.

If you watch NRA TV and other right wing media like Alex Jones they openingly admit they think people calling for higher regulations on guns should be shot and encourage their watchers to do it.

So odd question but. Does he give compensate for turning in his guns? I mean those probably cost a bit of money.

In other countries where they have banned certain firearms and people have had to turn them into the government yes, they're usually compensated in some form.

If something like that happened in the US (it wouldn't) it would be a type of buyback program.

Brinbe

Legitimately crazy fucking people. Scary shit. You're never gonna make any positive progress as a country until you learn how to deal with the wide swath of people that have this poisonous mentality. They want no compromise, have no respect for facts or intelligence or what's actually best for people or themselves. It's a real fucking problem when even the smartest social/political minds can't figure that shit out.

gamerMan

Top Bottom