• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's delicious JP mag news

duckroll

Smiles and Cries said:
yeah I got to admit this thread turned around

There's nothing to turn around. There isn't even an article on this game. It's a blurb on the bottom bar of a page about the Wii Gundam game. It literally just says "Actual Adventure Game on the Wii featuring SC characters".

neo2046

No.1 said:
^ Final Fantasy IV DS? I agree.

By the way, which magazine confirmed FFIV DS and FFXII International?
Weekly Jump
that guy who revealed these has inside source of Jump magazine news

duckroll said:
There's nothing to turn around. There isn't even an article on this game. It's a blurb on the bottom bar of a page about the Wii Gundam game. It literally just says "Actual Adventure Game on the Wii featuring SC characters".

hey you live in Japan. Your Shitty news maybe worth while news here at 4am :)

Jonnyram

Bo130 said:
Is there any doubt left on online in DQ IX or is it completely confirmed to be gone now? :/
:lol
It basically says "If you want to play multiplayer, you have to take your DS to your mates and play with wireless LAN. And I have no idea what the Wi-Fi function is for as it's still Wi-Fi compatible, supposedly."

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
What's the point now with the gameplay being turn-based again? It's bound to be crap. They need to concentrate on the single-player.

Kafel

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Yeah, about 10 years ago.

Are you sure there has been a review ?

Isn't it this game that got impressions on a "stamp" by Famitsu, reading "loading times are too long and it's impossible to save whenever you want, pretty stupid for a handeld game" ?

I think Famitsu didn't want S-E to be angry.

Hunahan

Banned
I find it pretty hard to get excited about a Soul Calibur that isn't a fighting game. I have a bad feeling about this.

FFIV DS is kind of cool though.

icecream said:
You should ask those visual novel people how they can get away with $80 per game.

With a great story and underaged girls that claim they're 20-that's how!

But most of the time they are LE version that are priced that high aren't they?

Jonnyram said:
They didn't. They were just mentioned at the bottom of the page ;)
What about Tales of Eternia PSP?...I remember seeing its score (which was the one they gave to the PSX version or 1 point more at most :lol ).

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
FFT got a "O/X" review last week, right? No Cross Review to make nice with Squeni. Believe me, these things are bought and sold. It would have gotten a lower score than Squeni wanted, there were bribes, there was back-and-forth, but ultimately the decision was to not run one at all. That's how Enterbrain works :lol

Famitsu is nothing more than a propaganda machine. Its reviews stopped being credible years and years ago.

creamsugar

img10074205297.jpeg

Jonnyram

Wow, what happened to Cid? Is he a cross breed between a Human and Moogle now!?
Also, please tell me they're not gonna misspell law as "low" in the final version.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Wow, what happened to Cid? Is he a cross breed between a Human and Moogle now!?
Also, please tell me they're not gonna misspell law as "low" in the final version.
Do they give us more details about how the new law system works?

klee123

Heh, I remembered during the JPN PS2 launch, there was this crappy live action FMV game called O story. Looks like the same thing is happening again.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It's a spin-off so it's not as big of a deal.
chibcicylist said:
Are they having cold feet for putting DQIX on the DS?
No, they're just following the handheld development credo by trimming whatever development costs they can.

Despite DQ9 now losing two of the major components which made the game interesting to non-DQ fans, the sales will not be impacted and ultimately their decisions will be approved and justified by the charts.

Aeana

I don't really think they ever said specifically that it was online play. It's always just said wireless, and ever since the LAST set of scans, we've assumed it was just local wireless.

The wi-fi box in the latest scans is interesting, however.

duckroll

Aokage said:
FFT got a "O/X" review last week, right? No Cross Review to make nice with Squeni. Believe me, these things are bought and sold. It would have gotten a lower score than Squeni wanted, there were bribes, there was back-and-forth, but ultimately the decision was to not run one at all. That's how Enterbrain works :lol

Famitsu is nothing more than a propaganda machine. Its reviews stopped being credible years and years ago.

I really don't think that's the reason it didn't get a review. Famitsu started a tighter policy on what gets a full review. Ports and re-releases are pretty much a no-no these days. Persona 3 Fes didn't get a review either, and neither did KH2FM+, etc. The last re-release I remember having a Famitsu review is MGS3 Subsistence.

If it's so easy to buy a O/X review instead, FFVIIDoC would most definitely have gotten one. :lol

Top Bottom