• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Got the fucking Auger - Fury and the Mauler - Mammoth from the LMG event.

Holy crap.

Yeah, what a great hack. Filled out basically every legendary and epic LMG I was missing, both regular and MKII. Now I only need the epic Proteus and Raijin EMX before I'm ready to make my complete weapons gallery.

Also, IW had a livestream today, discussing/teasing a few upcoming things. Here's a summary from reddit.

-New mode coming soon called "Gesture Warfare". For example: use the squeeze gesture on someone's head, they die. Coming as early as next week.
-New weapons, uses for salvage coming soon! They've acknowledged the datamining for what weapons are next.
-New event, available for all, will be launching next month, "big celebration", ties in to other things. Hints towards it being Halloween related.
-They considered adding another rig, but later decided against it.
-They made a very cheeky comment about mixing MP and Zombies, however it was vague. We will find out next month I assume!
-Subtle stealth Nerf to the Synaptic. No one noticed so they were pleased with it. They've been paying attention and will slowly tune things if necessary.
-Altitude map in DLC4 was designed by the same guy who came up with Turista. Altitude was designed to be wallrun friendly, when done right.
-"We do have some good Halloween goodies in store for you guys. Tune in in October and we will have some fun stuff."
-Gesture Warfare was a fun pet project for Daddy Mickner, worked on it after hours and surprised the team with it, ended up staying after hours a few more days to fine tune
-They visited Treyarch and played early builds of Black Ops 3, was really fun for them. Got to bounce ideas back and forth a bit.
-NO FIDGET SPINNER GESTURE BOYS!
-Depot 22 was originally the design they had planned for Noir in DLC1.
-Devs pay close attention to the subreddit, they can't always respond or say what they'd like, but they care!
-Only questions they absolutely dodged were about the cut SCAR assault rifle and possibility of new mission team
-Seahawks suck, love you Ashton ��
-Quartermaster Cipher was originally intended to be a way for ATVI support to communicate with players who didn't receive certain things they should've received. They may do something neat for all players in the future.

What will become of the Infinite Warfare universe? Will it be taken out back with the shotgun like Ghosts was? I don't play CoD multiplayer at all, but I really liked the single player campaign which introduced cool things like space fighter combat and zero-g combat in addition to a mission hub that let you do side quests. Also, you know, shooting stuff in space. The only active shooter in space franchise is currently Halo and that has gone completely off the rails and Killzone seems to be defunct. It would be sad if there are no more space shooters if they indefinitely can Infinite Warfare. :(

What will become of the Infinite Warfare universe? Will it be taken out back with the shotgun like Ghosts was? I don't play CoD multiplayer at all, but I really liked the single player campaign which introduced cool things like space fighter combat and zero-g combat in addition to a mission hub that let you do side quests. Also, you know, shooting stuff in space. The only active shooter in space franchise is currently Halo and that has gone completely off the rails and Killzone seems to be defunct. It would be sad if there are no more space shooters if they indefinitely can Infinite Warfare. :(

I feel the same, don't really play COD multiplayer but the campaign was really good

kuYuri

It will lie next to Ghosts in the same ditch.

Honestly, who knows, although we now know that the CoD studios and Activision aren't afraid to shelve a potential sub-series if it's not resonating with the audience. Both Ghosts and Advanced Warfare had sequels skipped in favor of a new game in a different setting. Guess we'll find out in 2019 if IW will be the same.

Kalentan

If they're smart we'll get IW2 in 2019.

If next year is modern like the Treyarch stuff seems to imply, then we would have gone 2 years straight without Sci-Fi which would be perfect for IW to then make a return with the Sci-Fi since odds are that Sledgehammer would continue with historical.

Edit: Got the Titan - Scout MK2 for my last opening of the LMG Hack.

Nice.

Now I have an Epic LMG for every gun except the Atlas... The one I wanted. D:

Creaking

The beast from beyond boss fight is bullshit on solo. Way too many cryptids to deal with, and even though the game spawns perks for you to pick up after reviving from the afterlife arcade, there are usually several big blue phantom cryptids up there too, and they'll down you in three hits even with Tuff 'Nuff. You can barely grab the perks without going down again. It's so futile.

Oh, and if you do the arcade machine in preperation, the game won't let you pick up the up n' atoms perk box it spawns for you, so you only get one chance.

Screw it, I'm just going to wait for a nerf like the Spaceland boss got. It's just stupidly difficult the way it is now.

kuYuri

Gesture Warfare goes live tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VscseC-rx-8

We're excited to release a new weekend mode tomorrow, September 22nd , into our featured playlist: Gesture Warfare! This mode is all about taking the gesture system to a whole new level. Who doesn't want to take down an enemy with the Head Crush gesture?! Now, let's get into how this works:

• Score limit: 20
• 9 predetermined gestures are given to each player in random order. You'll notice we also replace your menu selected gesture in this mode too.
• What are the gestures you get to use?
Head Crush
Bang Bang
Boom
You're Dead
Crush
Jackal Toy
R-C8 Toy
Light It Up
Flick
• Every kill with a gesture (or by launching the Flick Black Hole) will cycle to another gesture, like Gun Game
• Not only will you have gestures at your disposal, you'll also be able to scavenge ammo after getting 1 kill per life. You'll also have a lethal Throwing Knife. But why add weapons? We want you to play how you want, but with the option of using gestures and the normal combat you're used to. Also, different gestures have different times to kill, so you'll still be able to be effective when you get caught in surprise combat situations
• How do you use the gestures? Two ways. You can use the D-pad, which most of you are already comfortable using or you can also use your tactical grenade button
• Why is this a thing? Because we like creating things and well...lunch conversations tend to spark a lot of cool ideas, especially when it's about how fun it would be to eliminate an enemy with the Bang Bang gesture ;)
• Pro tip! Using the D-pad to kill with a gesture will circumvent the 5 second lethal delay at the start of a match!

We can't wait for you to play and want to hear your feedback along the way. We'll be monitoring your comments and suggestions, so feel free to tell us what you like, what you don't, and what you'd like to see.

Gesture Warfare will go live in Infinite Warfare tomorrow, September 22nd and run through Monday, September 25th.

Creaking

Finally beat The Beast From Beyond. Evade was a lifesaver on solo. Those Mammoths though... they sent me to a pit of despair. I ended up losing my packed weapons and had to do a good chunk with just the unpacked OSA.

Officially a Director's Cut man. Feels amazing and well-earned. I don't know about doing the Super EE boss though, if only because I'd have to fight the Mammoths again, this time with limited revives.The number of times those guys near insta-downed me.... eugh...

Kalentan

Man, was only able to buy one of the Epic Weapon Kit Hack. I got close to another one but if I had a few more hours I'd be able to but no way I'm getting 32 keys in 50 min.

kuYuri

I saved up a ton of keys from the last double keys event, bought all three packs.

I got the Masamune katana MKII, RAW - Liberty MKII, and the Auger - Fury non-MKII. Even got the Riley accessory which is adorable, lol.

Creaking

I got two Katanas and the MKII Nunchucks. Still two guns away from finishing my weapons gallery. So very far away.

Creaking

Well, it didn't. All signs point to Friday the 13th now.

On top of that, someone found 60+ new variants in the code. It seems to be Halloween themed variants, plus a new set of variants for several of the DLC weapons, plus what I believe are new epics for vanilla weapons that only had one (Titan, DMR-1, R3K, etc.)

There's also word of a zombies mission team coming up soon, with a new epic Kendall (the starter pistol) as a part of that.

kuYuri

I'm down for all that. I'm wondering if the Volk - Vintage will show up for this update? Although I was lucky enough to get the Retro back then.

Duxxy3

It's probably a one off like Ghosts and AW.

It sold poorly (compared to other recent COD titles), and would have been worse without MW:R.

Kalentan

I posted this in the other thread but I would love to see this for a possible IW2:

Infinite Warfare 2

Set one year after the events of the original, the war has once more begun after the brief pause following the destruction of the Mars shipyard. The SDF High Command has set a new Admiral and the siege of Earth begins once more. However Earth has prepared in this time, Nora Salter, now an Admiral for her actions, leads the fleet. At the same time, an insurgent group within the SDF begins to rally support against the SDF.

Two Sides:
Play both sides of the story as both Salter and a Mars Insurgent. Eventually when you complete both of their stories a third campaign unlocks uniting both of these storylines. Complete all possible side ops for the 'true' ending.

Squad Play:
During missions you're always accompanied by a squad of soldiers. Like the player character, you can actually change the load out of each of these characters and give orders based on their equipment.

Upgraded Space Combat:
Now use a variety of ships in combat, lead a squad, and are able to call in support and commands from the flagships.

Expanded Side Ops:
Whether your playing the UNSA or the Mars Insurgents a new meta game begins. The more control you gain from completing ops not only gives you access to new weapons, variants, attachments, and equipment, but will influence the difficulty of other missions and unlock other possible missions. Changes to main missions can occur depending on what side ops you take part in.

Maybe they could make the Insurgent PC the brother or sister of the new Admiral. Give the player some reason to be more invested in that villain and learn more about them. Maybe even have 'flashback' missions.

illamap

Personally i haven't really liked squad gameplay in any games that have attempted it. It just feels useless busy work when your better off just shooting your way through. That is not say it couldn't be made great by some studio.

For Iw2 i would like levels take more advantage of advanced movement and add some scifi tools like in titanfall 2 campaign.

For space battles i would like to have always a point to the battles like breach through enemy lines to battleship, land there, fight your way to reactor, destroy it, run back to your ship and escape. Something like that :D.

Kalentan

Personally i haven't really liked squad gameplay in any games that have attempted it. It just feels useless busy work when your better off just shooting your way through. That is not say it couldn't be made great by some studio.

For Iw2 i would like levels take more advantage of advanced movement and add some scifi tools like in titanfall 2 campaign.

For space battles i would like to have always a point to the battles like breach through enemy lines to battleship, land there, fight your way to reactor, destroy it, run back to your ship and escape. Something like that :D.

They could have multiple entrances to all ships so you can choose where you breach. That would be awesome.

Kalentan

It's so tempting to use my 260 keys!

But I know... I know if I hold out that there will be those Halloween Chests.

Edit: Halloween is out!

I hate Synaptic but I got the N31L Head and Body!

Got 2 AR Skins AND the NV4 - Black Cat!

Creaking

Dang, still five hours until I can sink my teeth into some sweet Halloween loot. Guess the rumored zombies mission team will come later in the event or sometime after. Guessing the datamined variants will be dripfed to us.

Kalentan

Dang, still five hours until I can sink my teeth into some sweet Halloween loot. Guess the rumored zombies mission team will come later in the event or sometime after. Guessing the datamined variants will be dripfed to us.

If I had to guess Zombie Mission Teams will come on the same day that XB1/PC get the last DLC.

shanafan

Hopped on IW in awhile, and nice seeing some new things.

- Was able to play DLC maps on PC (enough people have them now it seems I hope)
- Halloween stuff in the game
- MW3 and Ghosts revised maps, such as Resistance and Warhawk. Any other ones that have come out recently from MW3 and Ghosts?

I did preorder WWII on Steam, and it says with the Digital Deluxe, I'll get 1,100 COD points. Is that in WWII only?

Kalentan

Hopped on IW in awhile, and nice seeing some new things.

- Was able to play DLC maps on PC (enough people have them now it seems I hope)
- Halloween stuff in the game
- MW3 and Ghosts revised maps, such as Resistance and Warhawk. Any other ones that have come out recently from MW3 and Ghosts?

I did preorder WWII on Steam, and it says with the Digital Deluxe, I'll get 1,100 COD points. Is that in WWII only?

CoD Points should be cross game.

I got the NV4 and the A.J. skin from the free drops so I'm pretty satisfied so far from this event.

Only Dominion and Excess (Afghan and Rust from MW2).

Creaking

Finally got the Trek .50 to gold. Down to just the G-Rail (have the Epic; good weapon, but that charge-up sound is so tiresome), Atlas, and Venom X, the latter of which is pretty much unfeasible until they fix the impact kills challenges.

Najaf

Damn these crates... 30 dupe protected drops. 90 items.

I got a duplicate legendary rifle (as I already had the mk2). I got a common lmg. I got a rare sniper variant.

Three weapons out of 90 dupe protected items. All of the rest were things I could care less about; titles, emblems, outfits....

There are at least a 20 weapons I dont have (and tons of mk2's I dont). Absolute garbage...

kuYuri

Not wasting keys this time for that bundle cause it will be almost nothing but calling cards and camos. I’ll save my keys for the week 3 Halloween stuff.

Creaking

Took about 46 of my 60 pulls, but the no dupes bundle finally got me the last two epics I was missing to make a full weapon gallery (well, excluding zombies weapons for the time being. Might add stuff like grenades in there later as well)

Here it is.

shanafan

For anyone who posted here and still likes this game, thanks for sticking with IW.

Take care of yourselves. ^_^

IW is a fantastic game, really underrated honesty. I really do like the COD games that Infinity Ward delivers, and that includes
Ghosts
- don't care, I loved that one.

Top Bottom