• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first CoD I haven't bought since #2 and watching the game on stream I think I made the right choice, it looks so generic. I really don't rate CoD highly anymore unless it's a Treyarch game.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
This OT/OP

mjl.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Titanfall 2 has been scratching my COD style itch very comfortably recently so I don't feel the need to get this right now, but if I can get some kind of bargain for this and MW together I might pick it up. Will probably be next year I'm guessing unless there's some great Black Friday sale on it.

Falchion

Worst case scenario: the campaign is disappointing but still not as bad as BO3, the multiplayer is blah, and then I just go buy Titanfall 2 to get my futuristic shooter fix.

Vidpixel

It's a little disconcerting that some of the campaign impressions seem relatively lukewarm so far, especially given the disappointing sentiment surrounding the multiplayer beta. Was hoping Infinity Ward would nail the single-player component, but seems like this might not be the case after all?

Worst case scenario: the campaign is disappointing but still not as bad as BO3, the multiplayer is blah, and then I just go buy Titanfall 2 to get my futuristic shooter fix.

I have TF2 and BF1 and I'm just not sure why I should get this. I feel like all bases are covered.

That OT worries me. Didn't BLOPS 3 which I never played have a pretty disapppointing campaign? That's all I want from this game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not digging MWR multiplayer, but then I never was super into it back in the day either. Just feels so AR heavy.

15 more minutes and it's IW time.

dreamfall

This OT is hilarious !

Just want to play some Modern Warfare Remastered. The campaign looks pretty awesome this go around, maybe I'll jump in :/

Wedzi

Banned
I'm staying up for the reviews. I'm expecting a bloodbath.

IGN preview was not too kind to the singleplayer and with the multiplayer getting a bad reception after the beta I'm really curious how this is going to go. Also doesn't help when you are following three really good shooters in Gears, Titanfall, and Battlefield.

Menitta

I have TF2 and BF1 and I'm just not sure why I should get this. I feel like all bases are covered.

I feel that the multiplayer is already bleh on a fundamental level and there's not much that could fix that (my impressions from the beta), and I highly doubt it's campaign will be as good as Titanfall 2's, especially after Ghosts. Unless you really like Modern Warfare, there isn't much reason to get this if you have Titanfall 2 and BF1. I'm personally really disappointed because I wanted to like it. I just didn't like how any of the movement options felt and the maps were awful. If they've actually fixed the multiplayer from the beta, then I'll bite later down the line.

I also have both TF2 and BF1. I know comparing it to a beta isn't the most fair thing in the world, but I think because it's so close to release, it's fair. Titanfall 2 is so much better. The wallrunning, jumping and sliding all feels better and the maps fit the movement so much more than IW's maps fit it's movement.

That's just my opinion.

thenameDS

I can't believe I bought this. Mp is trash, put a few hours into it and don't have the urge to ever come back. Look forward to playing the campaign and then modern warefare remastered.

I really enjoyed the beta. Not sure what to do.

Then you will most likely enjoy it. Map design is trash IMO, way too many ways to come at people, constantly get shot in the back too. Maybe I'm just tired but first impressions are not good ones for me.

Checked in on IGN's IW campaign review in progress, which starts off, well, it starts off like this:

IGN said:
2016 has been one of the best years for single-player shooter campaigns of the past decade. We’ve seen Doom, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided… and they're all better than Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s campaign.

Gotta admit its refreshing to see reviews that get right to the point.

Is there a review thread going up?

Falchion

Then you will most likely enjoy it. Map design is trash IMO, way too many ways to come at people, constantly get shot in the back too. Maybe I'm just tired but first impressions are not good ones for me.

Yeah that was my initial impression of the beta too. No matter where I went, someone was always right behind me. Maybe better map knowledge will help though.

T-0800

Play the mode with fixed spawns.

Nowise10

Fucking Xbox One. Pre-ordered the game last month, tried to play it at 11:02 PM and get greeted by a "Infinite Warfare needs to update - 50GBs". Try to play Modern Warfare remastered and get "Modern Warfare Remastered needs to update - 45GB"

So no CoD tonight. Xbox One ruins another midnight launch.

Those IGN impressions weren't so hot. I was thinking of getting this for the campaign, but I'm gonna pass for now. I didn't like the beta and I'm honestly not that interested in going back to Modern Warfare.

I have Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 so I think I'm good for a long time.

T-0800

Frontlines? Only played that once but it was people camped outside the spawns.

Was never a problem in the beta. You're team must have been useless.

Just read the Six Axis review. Seems like a good game but I don't understand their complaint about MP feeling too much the same as last years COD and referring to that as a negative.

As someone who has purchased every COD since MW so far...I will probably bite on this but I feel so damn lukewarm about it.

I looooovvveeedd BLOPS3 multiplayer, but feel like Infinity Ward shit the bed on MW3 and especially on Ghosts. Hoping that after the weak beta impressions the release MP experience is worthwhile.

I may end up jumping on Titanfall 2 for something different, but I appreciate that COD still offers split-screen online MP so I can couch co-op with my buddy.

Vidpixel

It's interesting to read all this praise for the campaign after both IGN and Eurogamer's tepid responses to it. It does look and sound super interesting, but I think Titanfall 2 should suffice for my futuristic FPS fix for now.

Karak

It's interesting to read all this praise for the campaign after both IGN and Eurogamer's tepid responses to it. It does look and sound super interesting, but I think Titanfall 2 should suffice for my futuristic FPS fix for now.

Enjoyed this one IMMENSELY more than Titanfall. And I liked that one.

I feel that the multiplayer is already bleh on a fundamental level and there's not much that could fix that (my impressions from the beta), and I highly doubt it's campaign will be as good as Titanfall 2's, especially after Ghosts. Unless you really like Modern Warfare, there isn't much reason to get this if you have Titanfall 2 and BF1. I'm personally really disappointed because I wanted to like it. I just didn't like how any of the movement options felt and the maps were awful. If they've actually fixed the multiplayer from the beta, then I'll bite later down the line.

I also have both TF2 and BF1. I know comparing it to a beta isn't the most fair thing in the world, but I think because it's so close to release, it's fair. Titanfall 2 is so much better. The wallrunning, jumping and sliding all feels better and the maps fit the movement so much more than IW's maps fit it's movement.

That's just my opinion.

back to back plays of the betas really put titanfall 2 out front. the movement in iw feels so tacked on. mw remastered is probably the only hold out of this title, right?

Top Bottom